ADVERTISEMENT

To our liberal, progressive friends on here...

Yep, I'm stating the fact the the climate has always changed.
The glaciers melted prior to the industrial revolution.
Do you want to debate that?
So my question is, where is the proof climate change is man made?
30 years ago a new ice age was coming.
10 years ago man was causing global warming.
Today man is causing climate change.
It's caused by man but the scientists can't agree what man is causing. Get it.
That doesn't mean we shouldn't be stewards of our environment.
52 years ago for me a new ice age was coming...that was the scientist dominant thought at the time. I thought I read somewhere a couple of years ago that some Russian scientists still believe in an ice age. Whatever the belief of some we know a lot of money flows as a result that benefits some greatly and has some political power as well. Everyone has an island of knowledge and some islands are bigger than others, but ALL are dwarfed by the sea (of ignorance)

Reactions: Riveting
taylor-Swift-AI-Trump-endorsement-.jpg

Crazy America-hating Dementia Donald really poking the bear.

Does Taylor Swift's tour allow her to make an appearance at the Dem Convention? Trump may be too dementia-ridden to understand, but he's trolling her into doing so.

The Dems are gonna get Michelle O there, and here's the prediction: Steph Curry, maybe Beyonce, and now maybe Taylor Swift.

Y'all may think that celebrity endorsements aren't relevant. While they don't affect policy, they affect elections, both for better and for worse. A Taylor Swift/Steph Curry combo beats the hell out of Scott Baio.

that's the problem with the low information voter, which most democrats are: They believe what a celebrity tells them when that celebrity knows nothing more that dribbling a ball or shaking their ass on stage.

Reactions: tjreese

I agree. The climate changes. Always has, always will. Man didn't create it and has no ability to change it.

Reactions: tjreese
I agree. The climate changes. Always has, always will. Man didn't create it and has no ability to change it.
unfortunately we are living in an age where understanding science is becoming more important for the collective dummies and many have no idea of anything to do with science, but they do understand playing with a ball or shaking an a$$ as you stated. You see, they haven't assimilated as an intelligent voter and the USA has not created enough importance for them to do so...and some want more dependency on the government "because" as we know through history ...the government is here to help you and knows "more than you" in what you need and how your money should be spent. Still facts are not important, but hope and JOY are as we have noticed by the side of the aisle that has censored freedom of speech and continues to do so and by that same side that also wants to censor guns which protects ALL other rights and the need to do so hiding the largest massacre in the USA (Meadows), but all over the world over many centuries consequences.

Give the dems credit for their theatrics knowing how collectively dumb people are ...and now it is joy, hope and get this....drum roll please...FREEDOM as they seek to censor and take away more freedom of your financial desires.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Yeah, it's a terrible argument, and I'd have thought folks who are ostensibly Purdue grads would have more respect for science in general and NASA in particular. You're basically saying "Cause A has had Effect B in the past. Now they're telling us that Cause C can have Effect B, but in the past, it was Cause A, so clearly it can't be Cause C." Sorry, but that logic doesn't logic.

And, 30 years ago (1994), weren't saying a new ice age was coming. There was some scholarship that suggested that in like the 1970s, but there was far more that predicting warming, even then.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/downloadpdf/journals/bams/89/9/2008bams2370_1.pdf

"The survey identified only 7 articles indicating cooling compared to 44 indicating warming."

Yeah, it's a terrible argument, and I'd have thought folks who are ostensibly Purdue grads would have more respect for science in general and NASA in particular. You're basically saying "Cause A has had Effect B in the past. Now they're telling us that Cause C can have Effect B, but in the past, it was Cause A, so clearly it can't be Cause C." Sorry, but that logic doesn't logic.

And, 30 years ago (1994), weren't saying a new ice age was coming. There was some scholarship that suggested that in like the 1970s, but there was far more that predicting warming, even then.

"The survey identified only 7 articles indicating cooling compared to 44 indicating warming."
Actually your causes could be different, but more in sign. If you have a curvilinear relationship rather than a linear relationship, then obviously your window of data is very important to capture the curve. If you included enough data to know it was curvilinear and depending on how symmetrical it was the variable measured and in question "might" have the same effect at equal but opposite signage (going up and coming down). However, the interaction at various settings with other variables might alter the answer more than the variable in interest. Hydrogen is a gas...oxygen is a gas, but the interaction at h2o is water. Although main variables may have different effects at different conditions and the interactions as well, main variables that are significant typically remain significant even if the value of it at different settings may be different. All kinds of potential problems can exist when speculating outside the window of data.

FWIW, I have worked with Nasa people AND rented to them when having a condo in Cocoa Beach and some can get a bit out there. One lost his life while speeding up in a fog not knowing the semi in front of him slowed down.

OMG, the effect is climate change.
And for Billions of years it wasn’t man.
How hard is that to understand?

Reactions: bonefish1
OMG, the effect is climate change.
And for Billions of years it wasn’t man.
How hard is that to understand?
It's easy to understand, but the fact the climate can change naturally does not disprove the notion that it can also be changed artificially. That's why it's a crappy argument. Evolution happens naturally, too, and has happened for billions of years absent humans. Do you think we can't change that either?

Climate changes, just not from man. And man can't impact it either.

And what happened as a result?

Without a bill as a cover that still let in 5000/day, Biden ended up issuing executive orders to tighten the border because it was obvious his border policy was very unpopular and highly damaging to the nation. His motivation was entirely political, being the hack that he is.

Biden always had the power to pass executive orders. He also had a majority in the house and senate his first two years. Where was his legislation ?
Biden and Harris along with Pelosi and Schumer all wanted a free and open boarder. To them, locking up the migrant vote was/is far more important than a few murders by those who crossed illegally.

It's easy to understand, but the fact the climate can change naturally does not disprove the notion that it can also be changed artificially. That's why it's a crappy argument. Evolution happens naturally, too, and has happened for billions of years absent humans. Do you think we can't change that either?
Here's a question....if we go all electric, stop cows from farting in the USA, is that going to stop global warming or are other countries such as China, India, Pakistan, and many other countries continued use of fossil fuels and bad practices going to negate what we do and only make our lives more miserable? BTW....climate is and always has been cyclical.

Here's a question....if we go all electric, stop cows from farting in the USA, is that going to stop global warming or are other countries such as China, India, Pakistan, and many other countries continued use of fossil fuels and bad practices going to negate what we do and only make our lives more miserable? BTW....climate is and always has been cyclical.
I’m very much in favor of stopping cows from farting.

Here's a question....if we go all electric, stop cows from farting in the USA, is that going to stop global warming or are other countries such as China, India, Pakistan, and many other countries continued use of fossil fuels and bad practices going to negate what we do and only make our lives more miserable?
So dumb. If other countries aren't going to help, then it becomes that much more important that the countries who are willing to do something actually follow through. If we accept the premise that fewer CO2 emissions is better (I acknowledge you probably don't accept this, but you'd have to for your argument to be of any use), then the US reducing emissions while China increases is still better than the US AND China both increasing. It's not as good as the US and China both decreasing, but we can only control ourselves and do our best to influence others. We've all done group projects where one or more group members don't do the work. The project still has to get done if you, the one actually doing the work, wants to get a decent grade.

And how would moving to clean energy or electric cars or whatever make our lives miserable? Will you be sad if car no more go vroom-vroom?
BTW....climate is and always has been cyclical.
FFS. The entirety of the scientific community that accepts that man-made climate change is real already knows this and, yet, they still say there's a separate issue. Or do you think that you should point out to the scientists that they missed something? That they just plum forgot to account for the natural cycles? Come back when you have your Nobel in hand.

Last edited:
Think for a minute, man is going to cause historic flooding, out of control wild fires, man made deserts, hurricanes and volcanic eruptions.
Christ man has tried for years to make it rain during droughts, how has that turned out.
I'm way more concerned about pollution, drinkable water, healthy food products and breathable air.

I’m very much in favor of stopping cows from farting.
Do you believe, as many scientists do, that the cause of the dinosaurs becoming extinct was a massive change in the climate, specifically, an increase in temperatures?

So dumb. If other countries aren't going to help, then it becomes that much more important that the countries who are willing to do something actually follow through. If we accept the premise that fewer CO2 emissions is better (I acknowledge you probably don't accept this, but you'd have to for your argument to be of any use), then the US reducing emissions while China increases is still better than the US AND China both increasing. It's not as good as the US and China both decreasing, but we can only control ourselves and do our best to influence others. We've all done group projects where one or more group members don't do the work. The project still has to get done if you, the one actually doing the work, wants to get a decent grade.

And how would moving to clean energy or electric cars or whatever make our lives miserable? Will you be sad if car no more go vroom-vroom?

FFS. The entirety of the scientific community that accepts that man-made climate change is real already knows this and, yet, they still say there's a separate issue. Or do you think that you should point out to the scientists that they missed something? That they just plum forgot to account for the natural cycles? Come back when you have your Nobel in hand.
Do you ride a bike to work?
Do you ever take a plane anywhere?
How do you heat or cool your home?

Think for a minute, man is going to cause historic flooding, out of control wild fires, man made deserts, hurricanes and volcanic eruptions.
Christ man has tried for years to make it rain during droughts, how has that turned out.
These are different things. But, for the record, I'm pretty sure climate change doesn't affect volcanoes. But we've already caused more wildfires and more severe hurricanes. So, this doesn't really hold up. As for creating rain, you're conflating changes to the overall climatic conditions that have knock-on effects to us trying to create rain in a specific place at a specific time. You've basically created a strawman here.
I'm way more concerned about pollution, drinkable water, healthy food products and breathable air.
Ok, cool.

Hillsdale lol

Forgive me if I'm more likely to believe NASA than right-wing U. Who you got next, Liberty University?

Last edited:
Do you ride a bike to work?
Do you ever take a plane anywhere?
How do you heat or cool your home?
All irrelevant.

You've posted often about fatherlessness on here:

How many single mothers have you married?
How many fatherless children have you adopted?
How many sex education courses have you taught?

You've talked about immigration on here:

How many times have you been to help patrol the border?
How many illegals have you reported to ICE?
Do you ever eat food from a farm that employs illegals?

You see how one can have an opinion on an issue and support government policies with regards to said issue even if they are limited in the individual actions that are feasible for them to take? You see how disingenuous it is to suggest that, if an individual does not take every action that they can to "do their part," that means they don't really care about said issue?

More importantly, since the only thing we're ACTUALLY discussing is whether man-made climate change is real, do you see how the actions I or anyone else takes or doesn't take has literally ****-all to do with whether the thing is real or not? I've seen you use this deflection before and it's just stupid. Sorry, mate.

The physicist S. Fred Singer died on April 6, 2020, at the age of 95, according to Politico (April 8, 2020). Singer was one of the "merchants of doubt" identified by NCSE board member Naomi Oreskes and Erik M. Conway in their Merchants of Doubt (2010): a handful of scientists who "joined forces with think tanks and private corporations to challenge scientific evidence on a host of contemporary issues" including tobacco, the Strategic Defense Initiative, acid rain, ozone depletion, and, of course, climate change.

Starting around 1990, Singer wrote and spoke extensively about what he claimed was the shakiness of the scientific consensus on climate change as well as the supposedly disastrous economic damage of curtailing the use of fossil fuels. As late as 2018, for example, he contributed a column entitled "The Sea is Rising, but Not Because of Climate Change" to the Wall Street Journal (May 28, 2018); Climate Feedback's panel of climate scientists described his column as "contradicted by a wealth of data and research," adding that "modern research utilizing all available data clearly indicates that sea level rise has accelerated, and is unambiguously the result of human-caused global warming" (emphasis in original). Singer also launched a number of climate-change-denial initiatives—such as the Science & Environmental Policy Project in 1990, the Leipzig Declaration on Global Climate Change in 1995, and the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change in 2003, which have enjoyed the financial support of the fossil fuel industry—and was deeply entrenched in the climate change denial community. His books on the topic included Unstoppable Global Warming (coauthored with Dennis T. Avery, 2006).

Last edited:
More importantly, since the only thing we're ACTUALLY discussing is whether man-made climate change is real, do you see how the actions I or anyone else takes or doesn't take has literally ****-all to do with whether the thing is real or not? I've seen you use this deflection before and it's just stupid. Sorry, mate.
Well, at least you liked your own post, right katstench?

Choose Fweedom.

As a registered Republican, I'll try that one:

I care about the border and about inflation, but far, far over and above that for a Chief Executive?
I care about leadership.

For me the overriding issue that disqualifies Donald Trump are his abhorrent personal characteristics. I'm not talking 'some things' I don't like about him; it is normal to not appreciate 'some things'.

I'm talking about a complete narcissist, a horrible role model who lives and breathes grievance and insult, has a complete disregard for the rule of law, and a decision maker that is overwhelmingly concerned with self-interest over national interest; he acts in national interest only when it intersects with his self-interest. He is also 78 years old and getting worse, not better. I have great reverence for seniors, but for most our personal 'quirks' are magnified as we reach a certain age.

For me? Pretty much any other Republican that was running would have likely gotten my vote. There is no way in hell I will support that awful, awful man.
Most of what you don't like about Trump are related to his personality.
Can you list a couple of policies that had a negative impact on Americans?

It's not hypothetical. A hypothetical is when someone says "I wonder what would happen if..." Anthroprogenic climate change is widely supported by the scientific community. They could be wrong, but you saying it's "hypothetical" doesn't suffice as an adequate rebuttal. The only thing that ever proves science wrong is better science.

What? Are you equating the amount of CO2 released by prehistoric camp fires to the amount released since the start of the industrial revolution? This gives real "the climate has always changed" vibes, which is like the most shallow understanding of the whole topic I ever hear.

How had climate change affected you personally in your day to day life?

What steps have you taken personally to fight climate change?

All irrelevant.

You've posted often about fatherlessness on here:

How many single mothers have you married?
None. I'm already married.
How many fatherless children have you adopted?
None. I have my own kids.
How many sex education courses have you taught?
None. Not my job. It's a culture thing.....
You've talked about immigration on here:

How many times have you been to help patrol the border?
How many illegals have you reported to ICE?
Maybe a few.
Do you ever eat food from a farm that employs illegals?
Not sure. Didn't ask.
You see how one can have an opinion on an issue and support government policies with regards to said issue even if they are limited in the individual actions that are feasible for them to take? You see how disingenuous it is to suggest that, if an individual does not take every action that they can to "do their part," that means they don't really care about said issue?

"Rules for thee, not for me?"

Bingo. His personality is narcissistic, anti-rule of law, really old, unserious, anti-democracy, and erratic.

Because of that I can't and won't ever vote for Trump for Chief Executive. That is a leadership position far more than it is a legislative position.

Think of the President as the CEO of the nation. If the CEO of a car company completely eviscerated the culture and adherence to standards of a company that produced cars, a shareholder wouldn't want him to be the CEO even if they were cars that had good engines and were attractive. In that case, you'd want to keep the engineering and production supervisors and dump the CEO.

Not an exact comparable, but that's the point and I'm glad you raised it.

How had climate change affected you personally in your day to day life?
I care about more than just myself.
What steps have you taken personally to fight climate change?
How is this relevant to whether or not climate change is real? I get that you can't actually support the notion that it's not with any kind of good evidence, so you're left to change the subject, but this line of attack doesn't gain you anything in the argument.

Last edited:
None. I'm already married.

None. I have my own kids.

None. Not my job. It's a culture thing.....

Maybe a few.

Not sure. Didn't ask.
So it sounds like you obviously don't actually care about these issues, since you've not taken much action to help.

Or, the argument you were apparently trying to make, which makes even less sense: It sounds like these two things aren't actually happening because you've not taken much action to help.
"Rules for thee, not for me?"
What? I proposed no rules to apply to anyone in that post.

Aggressive tariffs on China steel created a trade war.

Jacked up the COVID response

Tax breaks for rich folks

Never built his beautiful wall

Now that I am done laughing, can you try to explain what you think urban radio meant by these items you think you heard?

Reactions: bonefish1
So it sounds like you obviously don't actually care about these issues, since you've not taken much action to help.

Or, the argument you were apparently trying to make, which makes even less sense: It sounds like these two things aren't actually happening because you've not taken much action to help.

Choose fweedom, not bovine perversion and abuse.

Bingo. His personality is narcissistic, anti-rule of law, really old, unserious, anti-democracy, and erratic.

Because of that I can't and won't ever vote for Trump for Chief Executive. That is a leadership position far more than it is a legislative position.

Think of the President as the CEO of the nation. If the CEO of a car company completely eviscerated the culture and adherence to standards of a company that produced cars, a shareholder wouldn't want him to be the CEO even if they were cars that had good engines and were attractive. In that case, you'd want to keep the engineering and production supervisors and dump the CEO.

Not an exact comparable, but that's the point and I'm glad you raised it.
You obviously don't work in corporate America.
The CEOs job is deliver share holder value and reward faith and investment in the company. It's not to be a nice guy and make everyone like him. It's to deliver results, period. Trump does that. You may not like how he goes about it, but you can't argue with the results.
Again, you can't separate personality from policy, which is how we ended up with Biden, who, by almost all accounts, has been a terrible POTUS. But hey, at least he's a nice guy and doesn't mean tweet.....right?

I care about more than just myself.

How is this relevant to whether or not climate change is real? I get that you can't actually support the notion that it's not with any kind of good evidence, so you're left to change the subject, but this line of attack doesn't gain you anything in the argument.
Ok, then give me an example of how climate change has impacted someone you know?
Do you care about others only in selective situations? Do you care about people in China or Indian, the 2 largest producers of CO2 emissions on the globe?

I believe climate change is real. There's evidence of that. There's also evidence that there was climate change 10,000 years ago, a million years ago. Man had nothing to do with it then and has little to do with it now.

I care about this issues in the sense that I can point to something someone is doing wrong and tell them to correct it. I'm not going to correct it for them. That's were things like personal responsibility come it. You know, the old saying about leading a horse to water.....
What argument are you referring to? Is it the one about doing something personally to solve a societal problem?
Expecting others to solve a problem while you stand around and watch.

This is debatable from an economic impact perspective. The intention was to bring back more steel manufacturing jobs and prevent China from dumping steel on the US and deflating prices.
That's pretty vague. Do you mean when he fast tracked the vaccine? I thought libs like yourseld were in favor of vaccine mandates?
You love this dem lefty lib talking point but you only parrot it, you don't understand what it means.
it was in process until dems stopped it. Funny thing is, Biden is rebuilding a wall. Weird how that turned out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT