ADVERTISEMENT

To our board visitors from IU

I’m fairly glad now that I’m going to be out of town Saturday with my son in DC. With PU peaking at the right time and IU doing whatever the opposite of peaking is (cratering?) at the same time.

The OOB is typically close, but hard to objectively see that happening next weekend.

Noble Boiler Fans, let's not jinx ourselves by excessive hubris until we actually have a win on Saturday. IU has some very good players and the football can take strange bounces, as we all know so well.
Uh no. I haven’t seen a bucket bloodbath like this coming since Orton sent DiNardo into retirement.

Reactions: pboiler18
IU fans going the route of so many bad college fans.. if the other team wins it’s not cause they are good, it’s because “we sucked so bad”
Not true at all. Purdue has a very good football team this year which has outperformed all expectations. IU has a very poor team this year which has been a huge disappointment against expectations. Purdue will win because they have a good team. Purdue will win by a lot because IU has a poor team especially on offense.

Not true at all. Purdue has a very good football team this year which has outperformed all expectations. IU has a very poor team this year which has been a huge disappointment against expectations. Purdue will win because they have a good team. Purdue will win by a lot because IU has a poor team especially on offense.
Well when I am talking about IU fans in general I’m not talking about you. You seem pretty reasonable. I bet many of the people on the IU site would not agree with everything you just said though

Purdue will win by a lot
I do not wish to pile on or add to your misery. I really do hope that Purdue wins and does so handily. But, I do not wish you any more pain. You've been decent on these boards this past fall. If the foo was on the sh..., well, you know. Your team may have been over rated coming into 2021, but that aside, injuries have not helped you. It could have just as well of happened to us. We would not look nearly so smug if we were on our #3 quarterback.
Boiler Up! Nothing personal. I hope you lose.

Reactions: Evergr8ful
They’re so busy making excuses for their high school coach and the program he’s “built” that they fail to see how far into the ditch they are as a program. The TV guys said they had 36 seniors play their last game yesterday and, with more attrition a certainty, they’ll be turning over more than half their team. Plenty of rumors about the mass exodus to come from players who can’t wait to get out of that dumpster fire of a program. So next year, they’ll be one of the least talented and least experienced teams in the BiG. Great formula for LEO to flourish.

Wonder if they’ll try to weasel out of this Saturday‘s game like they did last year? Might be their most effective offense of the season. Unless the ask is below 30, give the points. They’ve quit.

I do not wish to pile on or add to your misery. I really do hope that Purdue wins and does so handily. But, I do not wish you any more pain. You've been decent on these boards this past fall. If the foo was on the sh..., well, you know. Your team may have been over rated coming into 2021, but that aside, injuries have not helped you. It could have just as well of happened to us. We would not look nearly so smug if we were on our #3 quarterback.
Well said...and crushing injuries have happened to us in grid and hoops many times.

But recall, last time we played we were on our #4 qb. He has turned out to be pretty good, however...

Noble Boiler Fans, let's not jinx ourselves by excessive hubris until we actually have a win on Saturday. IU has some very good players and the football can take strange bounces, as we all know so well.
Who are those good players? The linebacker..McMichael or whatever his name is…is pretty good. The rest of them have quit. The TE who likes to beat women is also pretty good despite being a POS.

Who are those good players? The linebacker..McMichael or whatever his name is…is pretty good. The rest of them have quit. The TE who likes to beat women is also pretty good despite being a POS.
Those are the two guys I was thinking of, but there must be a few more.

How about that running back everyone was talking about who set all the Indiana hs rushing records?

Fryfogel is good if someone can get a pass off in his direction.

Right. It's all they have left to play for. A couple TO's by us and they will come alive. They would have destroyed us last year.

They’re so busy making excuses for their high school coach and the program he’s “built” that they fail to see how far into the ditch they are as a program. The TV guys said they had 36 seniors play their last game yesterday and, with more attrition a certainty, they’ll be turning over more than half their team. Plenty of rumors about the mass exodus to come from players who can’t wait to get out of that dumpster fire of a program. So next year, they’ll be one of the least talented and least experienced teams in the BiG. Great formula for LEO to flourish.

Wonder if they’ll try to weasel out of this Saturday‘s game like they did last year? Might be their most effective offense of the season. Unless the ask is below 30, give the points. They’ve quit.
Let’s hope a couple of them want to join coach Hagen

Right. It's all they have left to play for. A couple TO's by us and they will come alive. They would have destroyed us last year.
Nah. I don’t know how that game would’ve turned out, but I’d never concede anything to IU football. I’d say it was a coin flip game. I remember they had some player chirping about how we got lucky not having to play them. Notice that he didn’t say a word until it was certain that we wouldn’t actually play. Peak IU, right there. They’d win all the games they never have to actually play.

They took advantage of once-in-a-lifetime circumstances last year, and good for them. But they thought beating a couple “name“ teams with multiple opt-outs, fielding their worst squads in a generation, meant that they were somehow going to parlay that into a competitive program. Well, we had a normal college football season and look what happened.

Two examples of giving your rivals crap with class and with, well, no class.

Anyone of you who wants it - I'll take IU +33. My Venmo account is POTFB21. :)

IU has some very good players and the football can take strange bounces, as we all know so well.
Let us also not forget that IU has been practicing for Purdue for 3 weeks now. That much is obvious by their recent showings. Further do not underestimate the chance that Coach Leo wheels poor Penix out in a wheelchair if he must to get one more game out of him for the Gipper ... er ... um ... Coach Leo.

Last edited:

It sucks IU has a bad team. I started at Purdue in 1990, in over 30 years of attending and watching the OOB game, its always more fun when both teams have something to play for, lets hope next year both PU and IU are bowl bound, eventhough i will be rooting hard for a Purdue victory.

• Sad
Reactions: Riveting
I'll be saving my trash talk until after the game. We should win with ease but you never know...

Indeed. Never sleep on a rival. :)

I'm not a gambler, but, if IU is getting 33 points, I'd take them and the points. I feel pretty confident in the Boilers chances on Saturday but I would be (pleasantly) surprised if they smash IU like that.

I wasn’t giving my rivals crap, I was just stating facts . . . Those are pesky things that often lead you to irrational thought. As for your football program, not sure why you or any other Indinia fan would accept what Allen has done to it, but it‘s hardly the first time IU has done this. Good luck Saturday. Where are your seats?

If the foo was on the sh..., well, you know. ... injuries have not helped you. It could have just as well of happened to us.

Agreed. AND, I will say the "shoe WAS on the other foot" in 2019 when we were projected (based on the fun 2018 season and emergence of Rondale) that we were going to be very good. Injuries just killed our season (come on, both Rondale and Elijah out for the season on a single play); and the defense was just decimated (Neal, Jones, Bailey, Sullivan...).

I do think it was more smoke-and-mirrors with IU, but been there; bank so heavily on a star player, who only get's to play 3.5 games to start the season.

Purdue is still not super deep, but we're far deeper than we were in 2019.

I wish no ill on any player, but hope we smoke the hell out IU this Saturday after all the trash talk we've had to endure from the LEO-cult, but even more troubling the absolute SHIT that the IUFB players gave to recruits who committed to Purdue over IU and to the two players who transferred from IU to Purdue this past year.

POTFH!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT