ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Stratton......

PU52Chevy

All-American
Jul 18, 2006
Tim was an outstanding player for Purdue.....he had such good hands and would punish people once he caught the football.

He was very agile as he used to play volleyball as well in high school.

The story of him losing his helmet drove Tiller nuts....but all ended well.
*Note: Remember the tiffs on the sidelines with them and Tiller doing the Woody Hayes and grabbing him on the sidelines...the looks the two gave each other were hilarious.

My wife and I met him flying back to Phoenix from one of the Alamo Bowls.....sat next to him on the plane and he was super easy going and fun to chat with.

He was headed to see another football player for a wedding or birthday or something...…bachelor party if I remember correctly but this was like 20 years ago it feels like.

I know he cherished his time at Purdue and he spoke highly of his teammates and Purdue.

Boiler Up!

Tim was an outstanding player for Purdue.....he had such good hands and would punish people once he caught the football.

*Note: Remember the tiffs on the sidelines with them and Tiller doing the Woody Hayes and grabbing him on the sidelines...the looks the two gave each other were hilarious.

My wife and I met him flying back to Phoenix from one of the Alamo Bowls.....sat next to him on the plane and he was super easy going and fun to chat with.

He was headed to see another football player for a wedding or birthday or something...…bachelor party if I remember correctly but this was like 20 years ago it feels like.

I know he cherished his time at Purdue and he spoke highly of his teammates and Purdue.

Boiler Up!

If he was only born 20 years later.......he's the type of receiving TE that most NFL offenses like to feature in today's game. Was always one of my favorites at Purdue.

Reactions: KentuckyBoiler
If he was only born 20 years later.......he's the type of receiving TE that most NFL offenses like to feature in today's game. Was always one of my favorites at Purdue.
Too slow.

Boiler Up!
Really liked Stratton. People sometimes forget he was the initial winner of the best TE in college football.

Reactions: PU52Chevy
Wasn't drafted because of gap in his vertebra discovered from an X-ray made at the combine- was told he was 1 hit away from spending rest of life in a wheelchair --- teams that were interested backed off

Wasn't drafted because of gap in his vertebra discovered from an X-ray made at the combine- was told he was 1 hit away from spending rest of life in a wheelchair --- teams that were interested backed off
I always wondered why he didn't get drafted with his productivity.

My son (6 years old then) still talks about catching balls from him in the end zone stands before the Rose Bowl game...

Reactions: ghostoffatjack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT