ADVERTISEMENT

Tillman Announcement Date

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Per Twitter, Tillman is announcing Friday. It showed Michigan St, Purdue, and Marquette hats. Does he commit to us?

Per Twitter, Tillman is announcing Friday. It showed Michigan St, Purdue, and Marquette hats. Does he commit to us?
Probably not. He & his girlfriend are having a child & attending the same school...so MSU has the leg up due to in-state tuition for his girlfriend.

Probably not. He & his girlfriend are having a child & attending the same school...so MSU has the leg up due to in-state tuition for his girlfriend.

Time to offer her an academic scholarship! I know she can live with him on our campus, which is a plus. But I agree, MSU is likely the front runner.

Because this "family concern" wasn't known up until recently.
You really can't expect much from nashville, he only exists to hate on Purdue and for no legit reasons either. His life is so shallow that his entire existence is to crap all over Purdue sports. We could fire Painter tomorrow and hire Brad Stevens and he would still throw Purdue under the bus.

Board does not seem to be too optimistic that we will get him. The Sky is Falling.... seems like a pretty sure bet for Friday board discussions.

Reactions: BBG
Board does not seem to be too optimistic that we will get him. The Sky is Falling.... seems like a pretty sure bet for Friday board discussions.

People seemed to have moved on to Battey and some of the other targets. Tillman would be a great get, but if we don't get him the show must go on. We need another guard and the only top prospect at that position we are targeting that we have a chance at is Eastern. I think we have a better chance at Eastern than Tillman. We could get both or none. I do like that Painter is still out there recruiting hard and I like our handed this year.

lol right thats the reason he is going green lol. not because we have better history, a way better program currently, and a HOF coach lol. We weren't pushing very hard for him until recently again and a lot of people on the board don't think he is Michigan State level. but are willing to take him and hope he develops over 4 years to be a good player.

lol right thats the reason he is going green lol. not because we have better history of accusing players wanting money then getting them, a way better program currently, and a HOF coach lol. We weren't pushing very hard for him until recently again and a lot of people on the jackass msu board don't think he is Michigan State level. but are willing to take him and hope he develops over 4 years to be as good a player as painter could make him/QUOTE]

Seems accurate

lol right thats the reason he is going green lol. not because we have better history, a way better program currently, and a HOF coach lol. We weren't pushing very hard for him until recently again and a lot of people on the board don't think he is Michigan State level. but are willing to take him and hope he develops over 4 years to be a good player.
Purdue has more to offer for Tillman as a player than MSU. Playing time. He'll pick MSU because he's having a kid & wants to stay in state.

lol.... one day you guys will be better then the 4th best team in your state.... and maybe land a good prospect in your own state. lol have fun picking up a bunch of nobodys this class. boiler up hahaha
It's too bad that the only way you can feel good about yourself is to think you make others feel less than you. I assure you ... I enjoy my life FAR more than you enjoy yours.

lol.... one day you guys will be better then the 4th best team in your state.... and maybe land a good prospect in your own state. lol have fun picking up a bunch of nobodys this class. boiler up hahaha

How many former MSU players have been arrested this year?

Reactions: StickPurdue
I'd like to know where you got your info from??? Never heard a thing!

Purdue has more to offer for Tillman as a player than MSU. Playing time. He'll pick MSU because he's having a kid & wants to stay in state.
Well, that and what was already covered...the chance to play for a HOF coach, the opportunity to play with tons of national exposure, the opportunity likely to play in a Final Four during his time there, the opportunity to win the conference a time or two, and the opportunity potentially to play at the next level...lots of places other than MSU to play in state if that was the alleged true reason that he ultimately goes there, never mind why even visit Marquette last weekend?

Well, that and what was already covered...the chance to play for a HOF coach, the opportunity to play with tons of national exposure, the opportunity likely to play in a Final Four during his time there, the opportunity to win the conference a time or two, and the opportunity potentially to play at the next level...lots of places other than MSU to play in state if that was the alleged true reason that he ultimately goes there, never mind why even visit Marquette last weekend?

Don't know anything about this situation, but I would take my paid for visits to different places if I were in his shoes. Why not?

Well, I thought the doom and gloom talk would start on Friday with Tillman, but I would say discussions will start today with Battey choosing Colorado.

You literally came onto this board just to say that? Nice, man. Real nice.

Meso93 said:

Pretty funny Meso. I guess you feel the need to lord over us based on the accomplishments of a basketball team you had nothing to do with, except perhaps, you might have an MSU jersey wadded up in your closet. Ha, obviously you are one of those under-endowed MSU subway alums. Guess you need to compensate. Glad we could help, but I think we take you guys in basketball this year.

:cool:

not in violation of NCAA rules

Well, if she is a year behind him, she can live with him on campus in marital housing. If she lives in Indiana for a year (differs in each state but I think Indiana is 1 year), registers a vehicle or registers to vote, gets and Indiana ID/drivers license, and goes to high school here for a year she would qualify. They could also find a scholarship she qualifies for and sign her up and get it to her. But, these are things that would already need to be in motion. So if they haven't started talking about it, then it just ain't happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT