ADVERTISEMENT

Throw some names for coaches next year….

so intelligent beings who know everything and love to call others names, who pays the coach's salary ? and Hazell's salary ? and the assistant coach's salary ? and the expected NIL payments that will be required ? you can't just hire a new coach because you want to.

some food for thought. https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ut-if-fired-in-2024-boilermakers/75548858007/
Ive read this dickbrains. That’s how I know it’s not a lump sum payout.

I’m gunna call you names til you relocate to the IU board. Or whatever fan base might actually appreciate the mindless drivel.

There’s about 40mil in season ticket revenue at stake next year. How much of that doesn’t renew if Walters is still coach. Half? That’s $20mil down the toilet…and we can’t afford to pay $3.3mil a year for a buyout? Cmon.

Let’s try actually knowing what we are talking about for once! I know that would be a totally new concept for you though.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER and BBG
As Doug pointed out on Twitter, next year’s schedule is maybe even worse - “Lots has been made of '24 schedule for #Boilermaker fball & rightfully so, but look at next yrs slate. Road games vs. ND, Mich & Wash. Home vs. Ohio St & USC, not to mention Ill. & IU et al. Only W vs. FCS school & that's probably it. Obvious decision that has to be made”.

Even a new head coach is likely to only have 1-or-2 wins, especially if they’re trying to change schemes. Not sure who’ll want to come here knowing they’ll potentially find themselves in the same position at Walters…

As Doug pointed out on Twitter, next year’s schedule is maybe even worse - “Lots has been made of '24 schedule for #Boilermaker fball & rightfully so, but look at next yrs slate. Road games vs. ND, Mich & Wash. Home vs. Ohio St & USC, not to mention Ill. & IU et al. Only W vs. FCS school & that's probably it. Obvious decision that has to be made”.

Even a new head coach is likely to only have 1-or-2 wins, especially if they’re trying to change schemes. Not sure who’ll want to come here knowing they’ll potentially find themselves in the same position at Walters…
There’s a difference between rebuilding and incompetence.

We are so bad and poorly coached you can’t even tell if we have talent.

I think going back to being fundamentally sound and well schemed will do wonders and make us look more talented than we actually are! I agree though, tough road to go for anybody who comes in. Especially with what the current coach has done to us!

When talking salary, you need to add the buyout to that salary because that’s going to have to be an expense paid this year or next unless they settle it with deferred payments. If that happens you are looking at paying two contracts.

To make you and other fans happy by buying out Walters and hiring someone new that also wants a nice paycheck, I will ask, where is that money going to come from? Our Nil collective?
You don’t understand business 101. Do you know what a return on investment is? Purdue is bleeding cash and losing out on revenue. It would be a big investment to buy out Walter and hire an elite coach, but the return would likely outweigh the cost. If you know you are in a lose lose situation you need to bite the bullet and right the ship.

Reactions: BBG
If FSU fires Norvell, I'd give him a serious, serious look.
Yeh, he'd cost big $, but $ shouldn't be an issue for Purdue if it wants to complete.

I’m not fully against it but he also swung and missed pretty hard on a QB and in the portal this year. Sounds a bit familiar to what we are seeing right now.

I don’t think he’d take the job either…but this is likely the level where he’d find the most success and have leeway for the ups and downs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT