ADVERTISEMENT

Throw some names for coaches next year….

so intelligent beings who know everything and love to call others names, who pays the coach's salary ? and Hazell's salary ? and the assistant coach's salary ? and the expected NIL payments that will be required ? you can't just hire a new coach because you want to.

some food for thought. https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ut-if-fired-in-2024-boilermakers/75548858007/
Ive read this dickbrains. That’s how I know it’s not a lump sum payout.

I’m gunna call you names til you relocate to the IU board. Or whatever fan base might actually appreciate the mindless drivel.

There’s about 40mil in season ticket revenue at stake next year. How much of that doesn’t renew if Walters is still coach. Half? That’s $20mil down the toilet…and we can’t afford to pay $3.3mil a year for a buyout? Cmon.

Let’s try actually knowing what we are talking about for once! I know that would be a totally new concept for you though.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER and BBG
Spread the buy out over 8 years...Walter's isn't getting a head coaching job anytime soon

As Doug pointed out on Twitter, next year’s schedule is maybe even worse - “Lots has been made of '24 schedule for #Boilermaker fball & rightfully so, but look at next yrs slate. Road games vs. ND, Mich & Wash. Home vs. Ohio St & USC, not to mention Ill. & IU et al. Only W vs. FCS school & that's probably it. Obvious decision that has to be made”.

Even a new head coach is likely to only have 1-or-2 wins, especially if they’re trying to change schemes. Not sure who’ll want to come here knowing they’ll potentially find themselves in the same position at Walters…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT