ADVERTISEMENT

Throw some names for coaches next year….

There are only three viable conferences that have the money and a clear paths to the playoffs,and Purdue is a member of one of those three.
Purdue is a better job than it was 7 years ago......
You do realize there are 5 automatic bids for five different conferences in the playoffs, right? And the other seven are based on rankings. Nothing to do with conferences.
That might change slightly, maybe it’s 4 conferences, but I don’t expect it will be much different.

I'd seriously consider either the UF or FSU coach if they get fired.
HC experience at schools with big time expectations, experience coaching in big games, recruiting against the big boys, etc.

I'd seriously consider either the UF or FSU coach if they get fired.
HC experience at schools with big time expectations, experience coaching in big games, recruiting against the big boys, etc.
don't like Napier but would take Norvell , he's improved every team he's been at except for FSU

the last time you posted something like this, a bold poster posted an original thought and said Miles might be a good choice. and you people ragged on him for about 4 years about how bad of a choice Miles would be. So why should anybody want to suggest a name in the this forum again ? all you do is rag on people who you disagree with. you do the same thing in the political or what it is called forum. some of you just love to rag on others.

my choice last time was Jim Tressel. at the time, a school signing him had to show just cause. My just cause was because i Just wanted to win. Sure he violated a few rules. But he was a very good recruiter, and his teams won. that's good enough for me.

and to think we almost hired that guy who likes to row his boat.

the last time you posted something like this, a bold poster posted an original thought and said Miles might be a good choice. and you people ragged on him for about 4 years about how bad of a choice Miles would be. So why should anybody want to suggest a name in the this forum again ? all you do is rag on people who you disagree with. you do the same thing in the political or what it is called forum. some of you just love to rag on others.

my choice last time was Jim Tressel. at the time, a school signing him had to show just cause. My just cause was because i Just wanted to win. Sure he violated a few rules. But he was a very good recruiter, and his teams won. that's good enough for me.

Fleck wasn't coming to Purdue, I don't care for the guy but he has done a pretty good job up there. I like the fact that he always has big linemen similar to the Wisconsin model

W

Word is that Norvell has a toxic locker room due to some knucklehead transfers.......
heard that too, but if he'd ever be available after a yr or two Purdue would be a nice place to reboot ones career. He's an offense oriented coach that improved ASU, Pitt, and Memphis stats

Reactions: bonefish1

Lmfao! Les miles! That was a terrible suggestion! He got blackballed from coaching, he was a cheater, liar, thug! He embezzled money from a children’s hospital! He got hired by his buddy at Kansas and went 0-9 his second season.

Same with tressel he was damaged goods

You probably wanted George OLeary who got fired before his first game at Notre dame for a totally fabricated resume.

Heck you would have advocated for JoePa!

And we got the way better hire in brohm than fleck mcduechebag. You really have a thing for shady guys with no principals…

heard that too, but if he'd ever be available after a yr or two Purdue would be a nice place to reboot ones career. He's an offense oriented coach that improved ASU, Pitt, and Memphis stats
Purdue would be a good place for someone to rebuild a career and reputation. After this debacle at FSU, when he gets fired (and he will), I doubt any contender type programs would take a risk. But, a program like Purdue that can win under the right circumstances but with a much thinner margin for error, might be a great landing spot.

Reactions: Bippus33
Purdue would be a good place for someone to rebuild a career and reputation. After this debacle at FSU, when he gets fired (and he will), I doubt any contender type programs would take a risk. But, a program like Purdue that can win under the right circumstances but with a much thinner margin for error, might be a great landing spot.
As I posted in another thread, I think we should go after Jon Gruden. He needs us as much as we need him. We need to make a splash, and he needs a fresh start.

Lmfao! Les miles! That was a terrible suggestion! He got blackballed from coaching, he was a cheater, liar, thug! He embezzled money from a children’s hospital! He got hired by his buddy at Kansas and went 0-9 his second season.

You probably wanted George OLeary who got fired before his first game at Notre dame for a totally fabricated resume.

And we got the way better hire in brohm than fleck mcduechebag. You really have a thing for shady guys with no principals…
And you were as happy as pig in poop with Hazell. And Brohm....how'd that work out for Louisville.

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18

Brohm better than Fleck? At least he's still at Minny and has done quite well. He has a career record of 80-56 and is 50-34 at Minnesota. In seven years, Fleck has established himself as one of the most successful coaches ever to lead the Minnesota program. Fleck is fifth in program history for overall wins (50), Big Ten wins (29) and games coached (84). AND SO FAR, HE'S BEEN A WHOLE LOT MORE LOYAL THAT BROHM

Brohm better than Fleck? At least he's still at Minny and has done quite well. He has a career record of 80-56 and is 50-34 at Minnesota. In seven years, Fleck has established himself as one of the most successful coaches ever to lead the Minnesota program. Fleck is fifth in program history for overall wins (50), Big Ten wins (29) and games coached (84). AND SO FAR, HE'S BEEN A WHOLE LOT MORE LOYAL THAT BROHM
More loyal? He reneged on CMU and rumors are (and from other coaches not internet rumors) all those jobs he was rumored to be going after like UCLA he was legitimately trying to get out of minny. He’s not loyal he’s just hit a ceiling and can’t move on. He also reportedly cheated on his wife, so much for loyal. He had one good year (2019). The deuchebag makes his team clap when he walks into the room…

I’d rather the 6 years of brohm than fleck.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT