ADVERTISEMENT

Our little brothers down south

Ya. If only he had some of those easy schedules Brohm got… also not sure every Boiler fan wins. I swear some hate him and want him to fail.
Purdue was so physically dominant vs. ISU, if coaching errors occurred, I sure didn't see any...
Physically, Purdue is night and day different than they were last year.
If CRW was driving a Hugo last year, let's see what he does with a Lexus, this year....

Purdue was so physically dominant vs. ISU, if coaching errors occurred, I sure didn't see any...
Physically, Purdue is night and day different than they were last year.
If CRW was driving a Hugo last year, let's see what he does with a Lexus, this year....
What is proven up front on D?

I think Purdue does their proving this year against Wisconsin and Nebraska. Not ND. From what I’ve seen so far, Purdue might have a shot at 6 wins without beating any of the top 6 teams on their schedule.

Indiana was not impressive and doubt is seeping into the minds of their fans

Reactions: pboiler18
What is proven up front on D?

I think Purdue does their proving this year against Wisconsin and Nebraska. Not ND. From what I’ve seen so far, Purdue might have a shot at 6 wins without beating any of the top 6 teams on their schedule.

Indiana was not impressive and doubt is seeping into the minds of their fans
In his defense, what was proven on the DL last year at this time?

Just another piece of somewhat useless information (as I'm not even really sure what recruiting rankings mean anymore...the team you start with most likely won't be the team you finish with) Purdue and Louisville are both sitting at 13 commits with Purdue at 61 and Louisville at 67. I think I mentioned in another thread that I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend (who heard it from a another that you've been mess'in around..HA!) that Coach Brohm wasn't liking the new reality of recruiting on D1 football.

Just another piece of somewhat useless information (as I'm not even really sure what recruiting rankings mean anymore...the team you start with most likely won't be the team you finish with) Purdue and Louisville are both sitting at 13 commits with Purdue at 61 and Louisville at 67. I think I mentioned in another thread that I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend (who heard it from a another that you've been mess'in around..HA!) that Coach Brohm wasn't liking the new reality of recruiting on D1 football.
What’s funny is Brohm blamed Purdue resources for his recruiting issues and Walter’s is still lapping him in recruiting.

Louisville is very poorly positioned in said new world. How long does the ACC last? I think Louisville has Big 12 written all over them but unless they expand to like 30 teams I don’t see them landing there.

Outside of it being Brohms Alma mater it seems they haven’t taken that jump forward from an NIL perspective. I can appreciate with Walters that he’s jumped that forward for us. Recruiting and NIL he’s an A - maybe and A+ even and I think it’s helped us field a team that at least LOOKS like a mid level BigTen team - which is what my high level expectations are for Purdue.

There’s a lot of ways to cut the cake though and Brohm did well getting more out of less. I’d hate for Walters calling card and legacy here to be the opposite. I don’t really care if a guy doesn’t recruit well as long as he puts a winner on the field. The talent was there with Brohm, and pretty consistently- it just didn’t always look like it when you asked the recruiting gurus. Which in the end who cares?

I think this season is intriguing as we are doing it a different way than Purdue ever has. Just need to get the Xs and Os straight and we’ll be fine. Not going to hold my breath though!

Louisville is very poorly positioned in said new world. How long does the ACC last? I think Louisville has Big 12 written all over them but unless they expand to like 30 teams I don’t see them landing there.

Outside of it being Brohms Alma mater it seems they haven’t taken that jump forward from an NIL perspective. I can appreciate with Walters that he’s jumped that forward for us. Recruiting and NIL he’s an A - maybe and A+ even and I think it’s helped us field a team that at least LOOKS like a mid level BigTen team - which is what my high level expectations are for Purdue.

There’s a lot of ways to cut the cake though and Brohm did well getting more out of less. I’d hate for Walters calling card and legacy here to be the opposite. I don’t really care if a guy doesn’t recruit well as long as he puts a winner on the field. The talent was there with Brohm, and pretty consistently- it just didn’t always look like it when you asked the recruiting gurus. Which in the end who cares?

I think this season is intriguing as we are doing it a different way than Purdue ever has. Just need to get the Xs and Os straight and we’ll be fine. Not going to hold my breath though!
I’m just curious. I think on some things I see eye to eye with the optimists. On a few things I’m more realistic/wanna see it before I believe after last year…

What would make you happy? And you can answer that question schematically or with a result or whatever.

I’d be happy with a very competitive 5-7 where Purdue was close to 2-3 other wins but fell just short or 6-6 and up.

Schematically, I’d be happy if card could throw okay to the whole field, even deep and if Purdue could run the ball okay even at short range (see Fresno state). Defensively I think Breedlove will cover much better than cam Allen. I want to see the front 6 show that they can be something to respect… instead of just a bunch of guys

On3 has Louisville’s collective at #9. https://www.si.com/college/louisville/other-sports/502-circle-named-a-top-10-nil-collective

Regardless of position, they should be able to buy players.

still chicken shit to drop the L Ville game
Smart. Nobody covers the game like you think about it. They never say “well, if you look at schedules, this 4-8 Purdue team was really more like a 5.5-6 win team.”

If you have a tough schedule you get covered like someone who did something wrong.

If you schedule cupcakes and get 7 wins, to the media, you’re a “7 win team.”

And if anyone calls that into question on a set, there will be someone on that set who flips out like “no!! No! No1. 7 wins is 7 wins period.”

Reactions: BTBall
The cupcake schedule will help towards the number of victories for bowl games. BUT, you don't learn anything about your team and the jackdorks at IndyStar fall for this every year. IU starts off strong, looks impressive, stopping offenses and putting up big numbers. Then, they start playing B10 teams, and IU falls apart and they are amiss trying to determine why.

I may not be a fan of the hard schedule but it will FORCE Purdue to play tougher if they want to win. If not, we'll take our lumps and realize what it takes to be a winner. The reverse cannot be said for teams that take the easy way to build a program.

Reactions: bonefish1
The cupcake schedule will help towards the number of victories for bowl games. BUT, you don't learn anything about your team and the jackdorks at IndyStar fall for this every year. IU starts off strong, looks impressive, stopping offenses and putting up big numbers. Then, they start playing B10 teams, and IU falls apart and they are amiss trying to determine why.

I may not be a fan of the hard schedule but it will FORCE Purdue to play tougher if they want to win. If not, we'll take our lumps and realize what it takes to be a winner. The reverse cannot be said for teams that take the easy way to build a program.
an easier schedule is fine w/ me, just don't like teams opting out of tougher games

I found it funny their fans defend this photo saying the game was a blowout and it was late in the game. But the scoreboard says otherwise… (4+ minutes left in 3rd quarter in 17 point game).
Let's see what it looked like in the 1st Quarter. I bet half the hippy dippy iu crowd was in Dunn meadow having a circle jerk complaining about Israel.

If the fans are so happy, why’d so many leave at halftime?

Who said fans are happy right now? Have we won 6 games already? No. I think people are cautiously optimistic. Happy about looking pretty decent against FIU and then torching WIU. I mean last year's team would have lost to FIU and only put up 30 maybe on WIU. So it's progress at this point. Big game at UCLA. Indiana has a good shot at starting 4-0.

Not surprising you don't care, the bar for indinia is extremely low. But you're doing your best to make such weak wins look good, I'll give you that.
Why would I care? Why should any Indiana fan care about a weak strength of schedule? When the goal is getting to 6 wins, why schedule like you're Alabama and not Indiana?

If the fans are so happy, why’d so many leave at halftime?

An IU buddy of mine who went said there were many 15,000 total people who showed up to either go in the stadium or just stand in the parking lot. Said there were no more than 7,500 people in the stands for the second half, and that their fans are far more worried that the pass out system that allows easy in and out access will be taken away. He got a 4 for $40 deal from the university that also included a hot dog and a drink, so he couldn’t pass it up. His gas to and from cost more than four tickets.. Sounds like their coach is already signaling that he didn’t show up to play in front crowds that wouldn’t be good enough at Valpo, so don’t be surprised when he starts publicly trashing his own “fan” base while denying interest in job openings. Talk about circling the toilet bowl.

I’m sure there are tens of tens who will be heading to the Rose Bowl for their game against UCLA this weekend. Most of them have barely traveled beyond their county line, so going to California will be like the Clampetts showing up on their dilapidated truck. Good thing homelessness in LA is so prevalent as there will be plenty of places for them to stay during their visit.

Hopefully, their fan who told the story of his one and only trip to New York will be staying home in Zionsburgh or Lebtustle or wherever his trailer is after his harrowing trip to the Big Apple scared him so much he wouldn’t roll down the windows of his bus or even walk the streets, which is hard to do in bare feet. Southern California will overwhelm the Gilligans and Cletus’s who proudly wear their Indinia burlap bag to the game. Bless their little hearts.

Why would I care? Why should any Indiana fan care about a weak strength of schedule? When the goal is getting to 6 wins, why schedule like you're Alabama and not Indiana?
Getting to a bowl game no longer means anything unless it is in contention for the NC. A big chunk of your best players won't even play in a bowl anymore. It is becoming a total joke. You get into the Carquest bowl and half of your players opt out. What is it even about anymore?

Getting to a bowl game no longer means anything unless it is in contention for the NC. A big chunk of your best players won't even play in a bowl anymore. It is becoming a total joke. You get into the Carquest bowl and half of your players opt out. What is it even about anymore?
It absolutely means something by. 15 more practices. Publicity. Easier to recruit when you win. Money.

Who said fans are happy right now? Have we won 6 games already? No. I think people are cautiously optimistic. Happy about looking pretty decent against FIU and then torching WIU. I mean last year's team would have lost to FIU and only put up 30 maybe on WIU. So it's progress at this point. Big game at UCLA. Indiana has a good shot at starting 4-0.
If you want your team to get to 6 wins, you have to do your part and stay in your seat support your team for the entire game.

Reactions: BBG and pboiler18
So IU “football fans” are helping the program by leaving at halftime?

Was there a goose-poop storm?

• Haha
Reactions: BBG
That makes zero sense. There is no benefit for having a tough schedule if you're Indiana.
It makes zero sense to an indinia fan because... well.. indinia.... but if all you care about is lining up weak opponents just to get to a bowl game, then moving down to division 3 gets you that every year.

It's mind boggling how much energy you are spending trying to defend such a weak schedule.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
It makes zero sense to an indinia fan because... well.. indinia.... but if all you care about is lining up weak opponents just to get to a bowl game, then moving down to division 3 gets you that every year.

It's mind boggling how much energy you are spending trying to defend such a weak schedule.
It’s all relative. There was a while where this was Purdues goal. Then tiller got us there every year with some good ones and they ran him out because a bowl game wasn’t good enough. Then we had a period of time we were elated to go to a bowl game. And there are fans on this board who are peeved we are laying Oregon state and ND this year making it really hard to go.

For me going to a bowl game doesn’t define a good season for Purdue. I’m not just a box score watcher and message board lurker waiting for the season to turn over to basketball. I usually am good for 2-3 games in person with the full gameday experience and will watch the games on tv. I hate the indiana state games, it’s hard to get excited and gauge how your team is against poor competition. Just to get destroyed by OSU. I like the excitement of night games, the buzz around a prime time game against an elite program, and competitive games.

I’d rather last years schedule and record vs getting 6 wins with IUs schedule. Just look at their stadium it was empty. No positive buzz there.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler and BBG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT