ADVERTISEMENT

This team is a slap in the face to our fans

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
This team is just an absolute slab in the face to the fans. With the number of season tickets sold and sell outs, you would think that we would and could put out a competitive team with the fan support shown.
This team would be lucky to be mid level in the MAC. We have a QB whose greatest strength is his legs. We never use it. Worst WR group in probably 8 to 10 years. They have no hands, cannot separate and never come back to help the QB. OL is better than last year. Enough said.
On defense, we let backups destroy our line and secondary. We put no pressure on the QB. We allowed almost 600 yards of offense today. Other teams find our holes, which are many, all the time. This is from a DC who is our head coach.
The team has quit on Walters. Don’t blame them with this coaching. We are an absolute joke of a team. Thank goodness for basketball season coming up. If you are a fan, our biggest holiday gift will be doing what everyone knows should happen, which is to fire the entire coaching staff and start from scratch.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and SKYDOG
This team is just an absolute slab in the face to the fans. With the number of season tickets sold and sell outs, you would think that we would and could put out a competitive team with the fan support shown.
This team would be lucky to be mid level in the MAC. We have a QB whose greatest strength is his legs. We never use it. Worst WR group in probably 8 to 10 years. They have no hands, cannot separate and never come back to help the QB. OL is better than last year. Enough said.
On defense, we let backups destroy our line and secondary. We put no pressure on the QB. We allowed almost 600 yards of offense today. Other teams find our holes, which are many, all the time. This is from a DC who is our head coach.
The team has quit on Walters. Don’t blame them with this coaching. We are an absolute joke of a team. Thank goodness for basketball season coming up. If you are a fan, our biggest holiday gift will be doing what everyone knows should happen, which is to fire the entire coaching staff and start from scratch.
Totally agree! I am so out on this team after the ND game that hope they get hammered every game. I’ve been the biggest football fan since driving down for every home game since high school. Got Knot Hole end zone seats back then. Was a 90 minute drive each way. My wife can’t believe I’m so out on these guys. Well they’ve quit on me and I’ve quit on them. Never been this disgusted with Purdue football. I’ve seen a lot of bad teams. This one takes the cake.

Even with a better coach you’re going to have to have commitment from rich guys who care about sports. At least until revenue sharing kicks in. Right now they care about basketball and basketball.

If you think a coach is going to fix this (a better one will help), word last year was that every basketball player got what card got.

• Haha
Reactions: TC4THREE
Even with a better coach you’re going to have to have commitment from rich guys who care about sports. At least until revenue sharing kicks in. Right now they care about basketball and basketball.

If you think a coach is going to fix this (a better one will help), word last year was that every basketball player got what card got.
The basketball players deserved it and earned it. Card no.

The basketball players deserved it and earned it. Card no.
Very true. However, when that’s the commitment level to football, even if we get a better coach than Walters, what do people expect?

If Purdue doesn’t get in the game they’ll have people saying they should take a reduced share (they won’t be the only ones). Eventually all those basketball fans may have a lot of TV money missing. And then they will ask how this happened

Bobo should be gone as well as walters today. Announce interim coach and get going on a guy who's won as a head coach who can bring his staff and get going quickly. That should be the plan. Walters seems like a good guy but is in way over his head. He was hired 10 years too early.

Bobo should be gone as well as walters today. Announce interim coach and get going on a guy who's won as a head coach who can bring his staff and get going quickly. That should be the plan. Walters seems like a good guy but is in way over his head. He was hired 10 years too early.
Until revenue sharing, Purdue will be relegated to JAG g5 head coaches

He should not have been hired at all! If he was the best possible candidate those looking must have been blind!

Very true. However, when that’s the commitment level to football, even if we get a better coach than Walters, what do people expect?

If Purdue doesn’t get in the game they’ll have people saying they should take a reduced share (they won’t be the only ones). Eventually all those basketball fans may have a lot of TV money missing. And then they will ask how this happened
They are still living in a pre NIL world. Fire all the coaches, get better ones and still go cheap on NIL and you're getting fairly minimal improvement.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Two points above I’d like highlight.

The statement that every basketball player received as much NIL money as Card did. Think about that statement! NIL is not the problem. The problem is how the AD wants to disperse that NIL money. i.e. OSU. May have a lot. More NIL money than Purdue has, but I guarantee you they divide up that money with a lot higher % going to their football players than Purdue does. It appears as if Purdue could have matched the NIL amounts of the players who left. However, the AD decided to apportion that money to other athletes other than football. Purdue’s football sucks because the AD would rather pump his NIL money into his basketball program!

Is that what I just read in that post above? Guys like Wadell made as much money as Card did? Was that statement factual?

So it’s not a matter of how much Purdue has to spend? But rather how they apportion that money? My guess is Wisconsin. Probably gives out more NIL money to hockey players than Purdue does. I wonder how much NIL Purdue’s divers receive? Purdue had 6 Olympic divers participating for the U.S. and a couple of other countries. Purdue also has a couple of transfer divers. Maybe that’s where Purdue’s football NIL money is going.

Different schools allocate their NIL money differently!

I'm just shocked by this response. Worrying about the thing we can't control instead of what we can. Broken record......

Please show us our NIL compared to all other programs.
Lol you really think it compares? Seriously? Before Brohm left in 22 we were 80 million behind IU football and 9th in the conference.

There's little reason to believe it's gotten better.

We currently only have two players for whom the NIL is a significant amount, Jenkins and Thieneman. Card's deal is a lot less than you'd think from what I can tell although admittedly there's nothing for sure online resource for exactly how much deals are for.

I do know we don't have a player in the top 100

And the one who comes closest is Jenkins and he's double what Thieneman gets.

So no, we aren't doing well on NIL.
And given how bad the talent is on this team, and how far below we are, it's going to take MORE money to convince talented players to come here

I think it would be foolish to expect more than 5-7 with any coach until the commitment changes. Walters can’t sniff 5-7 but if Chris creighton came here and went 5-7 I’d be content
That contentment would last a season for most.
You want consistent winning seasons, you have to pay for it.

Plain and simple. Both coaches and players. You go cheap on one, you're capping yourself severely.

That contentment would last a season for most.
You want consistent winning seasons, you have to pay for it.

Plain and simple. Both coaches and players. You go cheap on one, you're capping yourself severely.
Revenue sharing is supposed to fix this. If you can recruit a top player out of high school and he’s making good good money, he’s less likely to leave for uncertainty for a few extra hundred thousand

Lol you really think it compares? Seriously? Before Brohm left in 22 we were 80 million behind IU football and 9th in the conference.

There's little reason to believe it's gotten better.

We currently only have two players for whom the NIL is a significant amount, Jenkins and Thieneman. Card's deal is a lot less than you'd think from what I can tell although admittedly there's nothing for sure online resource for exactly how much deals are for.

I do know we don't have a player in the top 100

And the one who comes closest is Jenkins and he's double what Thieneman gets.

So no, we aren't doing well on NIL.
And given how bad the talent is on this team, and how far below we are, it's going to take MORE money to convince talented players to come here
I'm saying there's a bunch of conjecture regarding NIL but I've never seen anything that details it by every program. You may be right. You may not be. I don't know and I can admit that but I don't think anyone else does either. Yet I see some out here drawing conclusions as if they do.

It's fair to assume we are not among the Alabama's and Ohio State's of the world. How we compare to IU, Vanderbilt, or Syracuse I doubt anyone really knows.

Last edited:
Revenue sharing is supposed to fix this. If you can recruit a top player out of high school and he’s making good good money, he’s less likely to leave for uncertainty for a few extra hundred thousand
I don't know what you mean when you say revenue sharing but I believe we already get the same share of TV revenue as Ohio State, Michigan, and all other full Big Ten members. That sounds like revenue sharing to me.

Rather than looking at football NIL, I believe. You need to look at the total NIL. And see how it is allocated to all Purdue sports. You may be shocked at what you find.

80 million? What does that number even represent? Are you saying IU is paying over 80 million more than us to its football roster each year? Don't believe that for a second.

I don't know what you mean when you say revenue sharing but I believe we already get the same share of TV revenue as Ohio State, Michigan, and all other full Big Ten members. That sounds like revenue sharing to me.
Supposedly within the next year as this legal settlement gets worked out, Purdue will be required to share revenue with the players, as in, use part of the big ten payout to pay players.

This would be good for Purdue. If a player chooses Purdue for the right reason and he becomes a Thienemann type player, and he’s not a legacy (meaning no pull to stay due to family) .. what are the odds he bolts for a payday if he’s already getting 282k through revenue sharing? Much lower…

We need it

How much was that?

The administration is the slap in the face. Wha roils me is they just sit behind curtains and don't give a rat's a** about loyal alums, season-ticket holders etc. "We'll give 'em basketball in. a few weeks and that'll shut 'em up."

I was very optimistic over the Walters hire, questionable as it was, and also coming into the season. Grown men need to realize : "It was a bad decision that will NOT get better, I need to make a change now", and B: "Maybe this job is too big for me. I'm going to call my agent and lets negotiate a resignation." That's what Bobinski and Walters, respectively, should be thinking right now.

Supposedly within the next year as this legal settlement gets worked out, Purdue will be required to share revenue with the players, as in, use part of the big ten payout to pay players.

This would be good for Purdue. If a player chooses Purdue for the right reason and he becomes a Thienemann type player, and he’s not a legacy (meaning no pull to stay due to family) .. what are the odds he bolts for a payday if he’s already getting 282k through revenue sharing? Much lower…

We need it
The problem is, with NIL, boosters will always be able to go above and beyond whatever the revenue sharing provides. So while it sounds good that Purdue can pay the players out of their revenue pool, it's not going to eliminate the problem that NIL has created.

How much was that?
I don’t know that amount. I do know Scourton was offered 400 and it’s reasonable to think Jenkins, Thienemann and others got the same. If Purdue was getting 400k transfers from elsewhere, things would look different.

When people say the portal the portal, yeah if you’re getting other schools Kydran Jenkins the portal can flip you in a hurry. Not that it makes Walters good but that’s not close to what Purdue is getting.

The problem is, with NIL, boosters will always be able to go above and beyond whatever the revenue sharing provides. So while it sounds good that Purdue can pay the players out of their revenue pool, it's not going to eliminate the problem that NIL has created.
Agreed. Purdue won’t keep the next Rondale Moore even with revenue sharing. If Scourton got 800, Moore would likely get 2 mill. If it’s 400k revenue then I agree someone shady is going to come with that extra money …

But if someone is already getting 300 this what it’s pretty hard to imagine that if they love Purdue and have a future here as a star, they’re going to leave for another 300 to just be another guy at Texas a and m. It will help schools like Purdue. It won’t fix things, but it will help… more with keeping the Jenkins type players than a Rondale

I'm saying there's a bunch of conjecture regarding NIL but I've never seen anything that details it by every program. You may be right. You may not be. I don't know and I can admit that but I don't think anyone else does either. Yet I see some out here drawing conclusions as if they do.

It's fair to assume we are not among the Alabama's and Ohio State's of the world. How we compare to IU, Vanderbilt, or Syracuse I doubt anyone really knows.
We compare to IU by being tens of millions of dollars behind them.

We compare to everyone by not having one player in the top 100. And if they did a top 500, we would have two.

80 million? What does that number even represent? Are you saying IU is paying over 80 million more than us to its football roster each year? Don't believe that for a second.
Per usual you're just doing the contrarian thing

We compare to IU by being tens of millions of dollars behind them.

We compare to everyone by not having one player in the top 100. And if they did a top 500, we would have two.
Speaking of the baseless conjecture I mentioned earlier...........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT