ADVERTISEMENT

This could be a good get....

"I'm just hoping to find somewhere that I can get an opportunity to show what I can do"

I think we all know what that means

I know there are no guarantees , but any top 50 recruit is not going to be happy with that playing time. Just saying

"I'm just hoping to find somewhere that I can get an opportunity to show what I can do"

I think we all know what that means

Might be wise to go look at Houston. Seems to be the place for players who want to show what they can do.

Worth looking into and Painter is capable of making the ultimate judgment here but it doesn't seem like a great fit from the little I've read. Even if he is desirable, is he going to take minutes away from Swanigan at the 4? Split time with Haas at the 5? My guess is if he's transferring already from Texas A&M because he doesn't want to have to compete for playing time there then he would want nothing to do with our frontcourt situation but I could be wrong. If Painter made some calls and decided he wanted him, and Thomas wanted to come to Purdue, I'd be happy to take him.

Saw some highlights and I can see why he wants to transfer. We recruited Tyler Davis so I know his style and their games are way too similar. Guess he figured that he won't get much time throughout his career as long as Davis is there. Could be an interesting get, but must have, no. I'd rather get an athletic project willing to wait a year or two before playing significant minutes.

Worth looking into and Painter is capable of making the ultimate judgment here but it doesn't seem like a great fit from the little I've read. Even if he is desirable, is he going to take minutes away from Swanigan at the 4? Split time with Haas at the 5? My guess is if he's transferring already from Texas A&M because he doesn't want to have to compete for playing time there then he would want nothing to do with our frontcourt situation but I could be wrong. If Painter made some calls and decided he wanted him, and Thomas wanted to come to Purdue, I'd be happy to take him.
i know zero about him, but just keep in mind that by the time thomas is eligible, Hammons will be gone, and biggie and/or haas could be gone as well.

Reactions: *4purdue*
i know zero about him, but just keep in mind that by the time thomas is eligible, Hammons will be gone, and biggie and/or haas could be gone as well.

I am not overly concerned about Haas or Swanigan leaving early. It's not something I'd be planning around. If they are in a position to do so that's great for the program and I'd worry about it then.

I am not overly concerned about Haas or Swanigan leaving early. It's not something I'd be planning around. If they are in a position to do so that's great for the program and I'd worry about it then.
You can't quit recruiting.... If you don't get on board now, when they decide, it may be to late. I'm not concerned about it either, but I don't think CMP should plan on either of them being hear beyond the '16 season at best.

Reactions: Frankie611
You can't quit recruiting.... If you don't get on board now, when they decide, it may be to late. I'm not concerned about it either, but I don't think CMP should plan on either of them being hear beyond the '16 season at best.

You never stop recruiting because attrition can happen in many ways. I think it's crazy to think that we are going to lose all these players early to the NBA though. It simply doesn't happen that often. Tell me who the last Purdue player was to leave early for the NBA and then tell me why we should think that multiple players from this team are likely to go. It's one thing to be able to play in the NBA and quite another to have reason enough to leave early to play there.

You never stop recruiting because attrition can happen in many ways. I think it's crazy to think that we are going to lose all these players early to the NBA though. It simply doesn't happen that often. Tell me who the last Purdue player was to leave early for the NBA and then tell me why we should think that multiple players from this team are likely to go. It's one thing to be able to play in the NBA and quite another to have reason enough to leave early to play there.
Probably won't all leave, but if this team goes on to win the national championship, which I think this team could, it's certainly a possibility that all 3 leave.

Reactions: Frankie611
Because I think we may be witnessing one of the best Purdue teams in 30 years. I don't think anyone leaves early this year unless we somehow win it all. Next year however Haas and Swanigan could be gone. Saturday will be very telling. It is quite possible we lay an egg in a statement game. But if we play the way we are capable of playing, I predict a long drive home for the rednecks who stay for the second game to root against us. They will have nightmares about what they saw and will be dreading Feb 20th.

Saw some highlights and I can see why he wants to transfer. We recruited Tyler Davis so I know his style and their games are way too similar. Guess he figured that he won't get much time throughout his career as long as Davis is there. Could be an interesting get, but must have, no. I'd rather get an athletic project willing to wait a year or two before playing significant minutes.
I have a better idea: Let's get Tyler Davis to transfer and the other guy can stay. Win win win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT