ADVERTISEMENT

THE SCHEDULE AHEAD DOES NOT BODE WELL FOR PURDUE!

I have the feeling the team will either get their crap together fast or lose out the rest of season. Young coach and assistants better be seeing what the problems are and do what they can to correct it.

Hard for the "blind" to see or the inexperienced to show experience. We are back to old school Purdue of 2 plunges into the line for no gain and an incomplete pass. Purdue could get better play calling if they randomly picked fans in the stands to call plays. Also, evidently the defensive coaches have yet to learn that blitzing is allowed on defense!

We either don't have the players to do what the coaches want to do, or it's not being communicated well. Syracuse and Fresno State are both probably ranked or will be by now. Can we soften up the schedule next year?

I have the feeling the team will either get their crap together fast or lose out the rest of season. Young coach and assistants better be seeing what the problems are and do what they can to correct it.
I agree we're at a critical juncture. Two straight disappointing losses---at home, in prime time---has to be demoralizing.

This is a critical week. Beating an underwhelming Illinois team could possibly ignite something positive. Another deflating loss could send this season spiraling out of control.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
The team is terrible god bless iowa and Nebraska for their hatred of the forward pass.

If I was the hc I'd drop the oc. It feels like shoop part 2 from an effectiveness standpoint. As for defense he needs to find athletes that fit his system or find a system that fits his athletes.

Overall not a fan of defensive minded hc.

Not worried. We're close.

We got the B1G right where we want 'em.
Yes, they need someone to be at the bottom, and it appears Purdue is a prime candidate. The long term effect of a poor season is hard to overcome. What kind of talent is attracted to a program with a losing record? The full blame for this demise belongs to the AD.

Reactions: boilermaker75
Hard to optimistic.....but having watched Mn...Nw...IA..Nb....IL...and IU....all are in the the same garbage dumpster fire that we are in....all of them have major weaknesses too...that being said....if we don't improve in any of the 4 areas that we very subpar at....we win maybe one or two of those games.....

Reactions: Klaus 7196
I agree we're at a critical juncture. Two straight disappointing losses---at home, in prime time---has to be demoralizing.

This is a critical week. Beating an underwhelming Illinois team could possibly ignite something positive. Another deflating loss could send this season spiraling out of control.
big game for this team, don't want to lose another home game esp vs a team w/ the worst D in the conference

Last edited:
We either don't have the players to do what the coaches want to do, or it's not being communicated well. Syracuse and Fresno State are both probably ranked or will be by now. Can we soften up the schedule next year?
Perhaps Purdue can schedule some Pop Warner teams!

The team is terrible god bless iowa and Nebraska for their hatred of the forward pass.

If I was the hc I'd drop the oc. It feels like shoop part 2 from an effectiveness standpoint. As for defense he needs to find athletes that fit his system or find a system that fits his athletes.

Overall not a fan of defensive minded hc.
He may be defensive minded, but what's in his mind is of no use if it doesn't show up on the field! He's a HC in name only! During the game he's like a statue!

He may be defensive minded, but what's in his mind is of no use if it doesn't show up on the field! He's a HC in name only! During the game he's like a statue!
I'm not in love w/ the guy but like anyone else in his position you have to give him some time coaching at a fairly difficult place. Schiano is in his 4th yr and got them to be competitive. After this week they will be 4-1 and were down to Mich 14 - 7 midway thru the 3rd quarter. They got shafted on a non fumble by Corum that put them up 21- 7.. Mizzou's coach is in his 4th yr and got them to a good spot.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
A) What are you watching?

B) Ever heard of Tom Landry or Tony Dungy?

I'm not in love w/ the guy but like anyone else in his position you have to give him some time coaching at a fairly difficult place. Schiano is in his 4th yr and got them to be competitive. After this week they will be 4-1 and were down to Mich 14 - 7 midway thru the 3rd quarter. They got shafted on a non fumble by Corum that put them up 21- 7.. Mizzou's coach is in his 4th yr and got them to a good spot.
Time doesn't exist in cfb with portals and nil you get 2 years. Also rutgers was a dumpster fire. Purdue was coming off a good season.

Imo the oc should be fired mid season if we still are having issues moving the ball and scoring.

Reactions: pboiler18
We need to blitz more. Once we started blitzing in the 2nd half we started getting stops. It's the only way for us to stop offenses this year.
I’m not sure a simple “blitz more” is the answer but the answer is sure as hell not dropping your defensive ends (sorry, 5-2 OLBs playing wildly out of position) into coverage half the time and only rushing 3, 300+ pounders and expecting any type of coverage to hold up.

Play calling and down and distance management has been pretty rotten on both sides of the ball!

Very winnable game tomorrow and a must win with our upcoming schedule.

This is against our HCs old team, so he should know them well. Hopefully, he has gotten them prepared.

Let’s get that W tomorrow!

Reactions: pboiler18
Time doesn't exist in cfb with portals and nil you get 2 years. Also rutgers was a dumpster fire. Purdue was coming off a good season.

Imo the oc should be fired mid season if we still are having issues moving the ball and scoring.
how about Mizzou instead of Rutgers as a program similar to ours. Their coach is in his 4th or 5th yr and got them in the top 25

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT