ADVERTISEMENT

The reactions I’m starting to see on Facebook

CDBRclass01

All-American
Sep 16, 2019
“Oh my god, my company is down 70%. I was laid off from my marketing job where I make x (usually in relation to talking about financial obligations vs. what unemployment will or UBI would even pay them). People get sick, but now I have no life and am going to have to deal with the possibility of doing x/foregoing y.”

The common theme being that the pathology is this:

“This must be stopped cause I could be sick
Besides, I’m fine. I got mine.”

Followed by consequence of shutting down/limiting large portions of the economy globally.

“Oh you mean this is going to effect me! This is bullshit.”

Illustration that there is no solidarity in a meritocracy.

I have engaged with three of these people and gotten roundabout confirmation that a week ago, when the bartender was told he was out of business... they did not give a flying ****.

The ramifications of this are not being thought through. If they were, even people who are not being critical in good faith would at the very least be saying “we need to be doing something specific to fully plan this thing through and we need to be doing it right now.”

By the way, as I say this, being a blue collar guy who makes a living wage... my income has been going up and probably will be one of the last ones to go down... I am being offered extra work left and right. But I have always had the mentality of actually caring about the owner of the hot dog stand who worked tirelessly just to scrape by all these years.. even if I’m not in the same boat.

For $5 you can PM me and I’ll send you what I call the outlined version of this post for simple mfers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News