ADVERTISEMENT

The PERFECT Purdue Football Uniforms

RossMackey

True Freshman
Aug 29, 2017
Are on display today in New Orleans….

These are friggin’ NIKE uniforms—Why can’t swoosh simply re-create this for Purdue????

All that BS about Old Gold being “difficult to produce” 🙄🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: Akerphin
Those uniforms are ugly. Nobody associates Purdue football with that gold color, unless you’re 50+

Reactions: HUD628
Those uniforms are ugly. Nobody associates Purdue football with that gold color, unless you’re 50+
I like the uni combinations that Mizzou were sporting this year, also those Army unis looked pretty cool yesterday

Opinions are like sphincters….

Hate to burst your skateboarder bubble, but that’s what Old Gold looks like.

You know, as in that tune the band plays after every Purdue touchdown?

Reactions: Riveting-
Great point!

Why would ANYONE in their right mind want to identify with Leroy Keyes, Glenn Robinson, Rod Woodson, Troy Lewis, Joe Barry Carroll, Mike Alstott, Mark Herrmann, or Brian Cardinal???
We haven’t worn it since the 80s. Most recruits PARENTS were barely alive then and certainly not of the age to watch college football.

But sure, piss gold pants are what’s holding us back!

We haven’t worn it since the 80s. Most recruits PARENTS were barely alive then and certainly not of the age to watch college football.

Piss gold is what we have now… Or to be more accurate: Piss beige.

FYI Purdue wore Old Gold well into the 2000s — until the AD bought into Nike cash and the ridiculous Nike notion that Old Gold was “too hard” to produce.

IMO Purdue’s on-field and on- court look has flat-out SUCKED since we abandoned Champion for Nike after the Brees years- our best uniforms are throwbacks of when we featured Old Gold.

Results wise, remind me how many times Purdue has made the Rose Bowl, a Final Four, or won 10 games in a FB season since Nike!!!

It’s not a matter of “holding us back” — it’s what we are: College sports is all about tradition, and IMO we ought to embrace ours — Purdue IS Old Gold and Black!

FYI Purdue wore Old Gold well into the 2000s — until the AD bought into Nike cash and the ridiculous Nike notion that Old Gold was “too hard” to produce.

IMO Purdue’s on-field and on- court look has flat-out SUCKED since we abandoned Champion for Nike after the Brees years- our best uniforms are throwbacks of when we featured Old Gold.

Results wise, remind me how many times Purdue has made the Rose Bowl, a Final Four, or won 10 games in a FB season since Nike!!!

It’s not a matter of “holding us back” — it’s what we are: College sports is all about tradition, and IMO we ought to embrace ours — Purdue IS Old Gold and Black!
Shit, NW has more black and gold on their uniforms than most gold and black teams...

Here's another fan of the old gold and black uniforms, having first followed Purdue football from 1959 when my older brother went there. And I absolutely abhor any gray uniforms, which I doubt is a school color for any school.
I hate the gray too, ok for osu, love the old gold and a bit off topic what's up w/ the small numbers on our basketball uni's?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

The Brees era uniforms had one little stripe on the sleeve of that gold. Everything else color wise is the same. They were definitely not wearing the type of hideous pants you’re looking for.

Reactions: pboiler18

I’m with you on this. Those pants the Saints were wearing were terrible. Look like the water in a truck stop toilet that won’t flush. Purdue can’t go to that look under any circumstances.

Reactions: pboiler18
I’m with you on this. Those pants the Saints were wearing were terrible. Look like the water in a truck stop toilet that won’t flush. Purdue can’t go to that look under any circumstances.
I like my pee gold pants to be light colored

The Brees era uniforms had one little stripe on the sleeve of that gold. Everything else color wise is the same. They were definitely not wearing the type of hideous pants you’re looking for.
Those helmets were Old gold— and they didn’t have the cheap- looking motion P decal we’re slapping on the helmet nowadays…

Those helmets were Old gold— and they didn’t have the cheap- looking motion P decal we’re slapping on the helmet nowadays
No they weren’t, and the P decal back then was waaaay cheaper looking than now. Went well with the wal mart jerseys though lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT