ADVERTISEMENT

the goal-tending call is nothing compared to the end of the OSU/Iowa end of game

Ya' just gotta watch it ... no link to do that here.

Lol what a brutal foul. Uthoff should have pretended he was dead or something I guess. In any event, to not call that is an absolute disgrace. That was an ejection, 2 shots, and he ball not long ago in the college game.

Ya' just gotta watch it ... no link to do that here.
Not really, they aren't going to call a foul away from the ball in the last 10 seconds of the game. The next time I see that will be the first. Heck they rarly call an on ball foul in the last 10 seconds.

10 more years...clap,clap,clap

I'm an IU fan who does not believe Crean is the guy, but I count 1 time in the last 5 years that Purdue finished ahead of IU in the B1G standings.

...and Crean has won the B1G twice in that time.

So....there's that.

Ha ha ha... All ball
I'm guessing you are talking about something different. Hud628 was not talking about Getsell and Diop at the rim. He was talking about Getsels defender running over the screen set by Uthoff that was ignored at half court. I imagine that was set up by fran so that he could get Getsels man a step off to get to the rim or if stopped...Getsell to hit Uthoff as the trailer for a three

I'm an IU fan who does not believe Crean is the guy, but I count 1 time in the last 5 years that Purdue finished ahead of IU in the B1G standings.

So....there's that.
In that case. 20 more years. Clap,clap,clap.

So....there's that.
The zeller team was really good..as good as any in the country. This team has benefited by the rule changes the last "two years" and scheduling most the country think. That is why next week there will probably be four teams ranked ahead of IU in the Big. The Zeller team was really good though. Not sure what the significance of 5 years is though?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
The zeller team was really good..as good as any in the country. This team has benefited by the rule changes the last "two years" and scheduling most the country think. That is why next week there will probably be four teams ranked ahead of IU in the Big. The Zeller team was really good though. Not sure what the significance of 5 years is though?

Oh, it's more than that. IU defended much, much better this season (and again, I say this as someone who would LOVE to move on from Crean) and this freshman class (Bryant, Morgan and Anunoby) have all been big contributors. Best class Crean has brought in, if you ask me.

They struggled early for sure, but once Blackmon went out, IU was forced to improve on the defensive side of the ball or the season was over. They improved. Greatly. Gonna be interesting to see how this season ends up.

Yep. The Zeller team was special because Zeller was special. Came from a special BB family with strong values and leadership qualities. He was the reason they recruited the guys they did to go with him and the reason they were what they were. Wheels spun as soon as he was gone until another big came to lead them. The turnaround this year is primarily due to Bryant's play and him not being afraid to get in BooBoo's face early in the season after the Maui debacle. That combined with a gift B1G schedule put them right where they are today. Prime to get kicked early in the dance.

Sign Painter for the same length of time, please.

He's finished higher than Crean 1 time in the last 5 years.

Once. Roll that one around in your head for awhile.
Congrats. IU accomplished a feat Purdue accomplished 6 years ago and your on a Purdue board bragging about it.

Roll that around in your head for awhile.

Congrats. IU accomplished a feat Purdue accomplished 6 years ago and your on a Purdue board bragging about it.

Roll that around in your head for awhile.

Oh, I'm not really bragging. I'm watching Purdue fans celebrate IU winning the B1G because they want IU's coach to get another extension (even though IU's coach has won 2 B1G titles since Purdue's last one and he has finished higher than Painter 4 of the last 5 years.) This is irony-filled, to say the least.

Oh, it's more than that. IU defended much, much better this season (and again, I say this as someone who would LOVE to move on from Crean) and this freshman class (Bryant, Morgan and Anunoby) have all been big contributors. Best class Crean has brought in, if you ask me.

They struggled early for sure, but once Blackmon went out, IU was forced to improve on the defensive side of the ball or the season was over. They improved. Greatly. Gonna be interesting to see how this season ends up.

I went over to the desk of an IU fan (CPA) who is friends with the father of a previous manager adn writes for Peegs...I know the dad as well adn told him the morning after Blackmon was injured that he would think I was nuts, but I wouldn't be surprised if IU was better.

Still, if they would remove the arc so perimeter players couldn't just drive to the rim freely, if they never reduced the clock and actually quite bailing out and protecting perimeter players "dribbling" this whole season might be different. Trimble was protected too. We are at the age where the NCAA has leaned very heavily to the guards, eliminated more coaching and has created a more one dimensional style and player...similar to the NBA. It is as though they think fans want to see dunks and 3's as though we are stupid. Then again, perhaps there are even more stupid fans than I think? The game has been shifted to eliminate teamwork and many fundamental aspects previously employed. I personally think a person has to be brain dead and ignorant of the game to see where it is today and I say that knowing I'm a minority, but that is okay since I have never wanted to be "normal" all of my life. Study "normal" sometime. I see high school ball going down as well.

IU has played better defense AND had better team play offensively within their helter skelter format. Still, I think the rule changes are huge. Get sick of every time a player brushes a head of another we have to go to the monitor. Play the F'ing game...if it is flagrant, really flagrant...call it. Otherwise swallow the whistle and quit insulting me with the nonsense.

Reactions: plaxico80
I went over to the desk of an IU fan (CPA) who is friends with the father of a previous manager adn writes for Peegs...I know the dad as well adn told him the morning after Blackmon was injured that he would think I was nuts, but I wouldn't be surprised if IU was better.

Still, if they would remove the arc so perimeter players couldn't just drive to the rim freely, if they never reduced the clock and actually quite bailing out and protecting perimeter players "dribbling" this whole season might be different. Trimble was protected too. We are at the age where the NCAA has leaned very heavily to the guards, eliminated more coaching and has created a more one dimensional style and player...similar to the NBA. It is as though they think fans want to see dunks and 3's as though we are stupid. Then again, perhaps there are even more stupid fans than I think? The game has been shifted to eliminate teamwork and many fundamental aspects previously employed. I personally think a person has to be brain dead and ignorant of the game to see where it is today and I say that knowing I'm a minority, but that is okay since I have never wanted to be "normal" all of my life. Study "normal" sometime. I see high school ball going down as well.

IU has played better defense AND had better team play offensively within their helter skelter format. Still, I think the rule changes are huge. Get sick of every time a player brushes a head of another we have to go to the monitor. Play the F'ing game...if it is flagrant, really flagrant...call it. Otherwise swallow the whistle and quit insulting me with the nonsense.

Can also add that I coached against a father of a student manager at IU that regularly scrimmages against the IU team and is aware of "that" defense... :) Not sure how many know the student managers (1 or 2 played d1 ball) scrimmages against the IU team rather than IU splitting their players)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT