ADVERTISEMENT

The Colvin swap!

Would Myles be capable of playing Big Ten-level women's volleyball this season? I'm not sure but I think so. He'd have to play middle and even there, skill and nuance would be an issue but he'd immediately be a dominant physical force.
Shat, I was thinking of MENS volleyball. He could in time, that's for sure. :)

Most impressive highlight IMO - last one on the reel.
she''s close. She's where I was, 45 years ago. Hands too small to palm it and half the circumference of the ball short of throwing it down. Pretty amazing the strides women athletes have made in my lifetime.

Would Myles be capable of playing Big Ten-level women's volleyball this season? I'm not sure but I think so. He'd have to play middle and even there, skill and nuance would be an issue but he'd immediately be a dominant physical force.
No he can't pass at all.

No he can't pass at all.
Or play defense….according to some

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha
Reactions: northside100
As a volleyball coach and avid Purdue volleyball fan, I respect the notion that Myles is a great athlete and *could* potentially play volleyball competitively. However, it takes a LOT more skill than being able to jump high. Give volleyball players some credit here. LOL

I was a pretty good volleyball player in my day. Serving takes practice, and his serve would lead to an early kill. Learning to set takes a long time. Spin on the set is a double hit. Defense is comparatively easier, but not returning a serve—that takes a long time. Spiking the ball is fun, but there are nuances to learn per the blocks and where the set is. My forte was the block. One needs timing, and since I used to box, I was quick enough to move my block to where the spike was. Volleyball is more fun to play,

As a volleyball coach and avid Purdue volleyball fan, I respect the notion that Myles is a great athlete and *could* potentially play volleyball competitively. However, it takes a LOT more skill than being able to jump high. Give volleyball players some credit here. LOL
I love volleyball and Big Ten vb players are amazing athletes with unbelievable skill sets. Having said that, Raven is one of the top middles in the country (top 20, maybe top 10?) and Myles is so much bigger, longer, stronger and more explosive than her that there could be a huge gap in skill (which I'm sure there is) and it might still be hard to keep him off the court.

My granddaughter plays HS and AAU and you are right....VB takes a lot of skill.

Reactions: Boilermb
I was a pretty good volleyball player in my day. Serving takes practice, and his serve would lead to an early kill. Learning to set takes a long time. Spin on the set is a double hit. Defense is comparatively easier, but not returning a serve—that takes a long time. Spiking the ball is fun, but there are nuances to learn per the blocks and where the set is. My forte was the block. One needs timing, and since I used to box, I was quick enough to move my block to where the spike was. Volleyball is more fun to play,
I would disagree and say basketball is waaay more fun to play. But that’s just my opinion!

Love Myles but just watch some of the men's volleyball in the Olympics and you will figure it out real quick. Those guys are incredible!
I like women's vball a lot better than men's. I respect the power of the mens game but it's usually one pass, set and kill. Not many rallies.
Women still can play a power game (watch Chloe Chiccoine from PU) but they also play good defense and can get a ball in play.
One of my daughter's is a high level player, not sure she'll play High major Power 5, but we're working on it.

Hard to believe they allow men to box against women in the Olympics. If you put an Olympic mens team up against an Olympic women's team, the ladies would score about 5 points.
Hell, if you put a good high school men's team up against the ladies olympic team, the boys still win easily.

Hard to believe they allow men to box against women in the Olympics. If you put an Olympic mens team up against an Olympic women's team, the ladies would score about 5 points.
Hell, if you put a good high school men's team up against the ladies olympic team, the boys still win easily.

More complicated, but I side with safety as the father of 2 daughters.
The boxer in question is a woman with a Cervix, but has XY chromosomes. So don't think the boxers with a Y chrome should be allowed due to punch power from testosterone.

It’s disappointing you don’t see more men’s volleyball teams in high school or college!

It’s disappointing you don’t see more men’s volleyball teams in high school or college!
Most of the high schools in my area have men's teams. A bunch of the travel clubs also have men's teams.
Definitely more fun to watch than soccer....

Reactions: 22larry22
Most of the high schools in my area have men's teams. A bunch of the travel clubs also have men's teams.

As to your last statement, watching grass grow is more fun....

"allow men to box against women" - oh, that's why I had you on mute..........

"allow men to box against women" - oh, that's why I had you on mute..........
Do you think that someone with xy chromosomes who failed gender eligibility tests at previous international events is not a biological man?
Or did you mean you condone men punching women in the face? Sorry just trying to clarify I don't want to assume your opinion.

Reactions: bonefish1 and BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT