ADVERTISEMENT

The BOT....who are they?

I posted back in February with an inquiring mind for more info on these guys and their ties to Purdue athletics. Based on feedback it seems there are at least 3 of them that could be classified as advocates.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/bot.78878/

Semi-serious idea: I see several board member terms are up in 2017. How about an appointment from the athletic wing of the University? How would that be viewed within the Purdue community? With all the negative momentum associated with Purdue athletics weary alumni and boosters need a strong signal of commitment from the top. I nominate Joe from Wyoming.

Last edited:
I posted back in February with an inquiring mind for more info on these guys and their ties to Purdue athletics. Based on feedback it seems there are at least 3 of them that could be classified as advocates.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/bot.78878/

Semi-serious idea: I see several board member terms are up in 2017. How about an appointment from the athletic wing of the University? How would that be viewed within the Purdue community? With all the negative momentum associated with Purdue athletics weary alumni and boosters need a strong signal of commitment from the top. I nominate Joe from Wyoming.

For the purposes of making the football team good (where my heart lies), this is a ridiculous notion.

For the purposes of assessing the financial risk the athletic department, and how that plays into the financial health of the university, this might be a good idea.

Since colleges always have their hands out, you would think they would be receptive to putting resources into this.

At least Joe T understands that your identity as an alumnus to the University is to not be taken behind the woodshed nearly every weekend with all schools including MAC schools. I understand the MAC schools have improved in competition over the last 2 decades, but it is still MAC schools and > 50% of the time, we should be beating them. This is an entertainment identity and we'd like to be entertained!
I've read other responses over the last few weeks. I cannot hold my head high in the fall when sports are being talked about. Competitive and winning some of them would be moving in the right direction. I'm amazed that an announcement was not made on 10/2/16. If another embarrassing blowout occurs without an announcement, then both AD and President have their heads buried in the sand with regards to athletics and entertainment brand identity which has tentacles to many other facets of university fundraising. Hell, Homecoming is all about fundraising. I work in Milwaukee area and have guys telling me I should just switch allegiance to UW-Madison and start wearing Red/White. Maybe Dear Abby can help me because our current Administration is not (TIC).

Last edited:
Im so sick of people around chicago approaching me when they see my Purdue garb and looking all embarassed and saying we suck.
Live in Chicago. That does not happen unless you are hanging out with a bunch of teenagers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT