ADVERTISEMENT

The Air Biscuit Offense

Born Boiler

Junior
Dec 6, 2006
Tool-Hand Luke Fishkill today called our offensive coordinator situation “one of the bad things in our game,” moaning about the early-season firing of a colleague, but it’s only one of the many bad things in Purdue games.

The same team that set a record for Purdue’s all-time worst loss – 66-7 – just came within 6 yards of Purdue’s record for penalty yards in a game – 171 – while seeing its QB add his own mark on The Cradle with a three-game pick-six streak.

And while Purdue’s offense sits near the bottom of major college football, things are even worse elsewhere. Purdue is 15th of 18 in scoring and total offense but ranks dead last in the Big Ten in points allowed, total defense and rushing defense and dead last in penalty yards … dead last nationally, as well.

CBS Sports clearly details Purdue’s many offenses in its piece today … https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...t-from-hot-coaching-name-to-midseason-firing/

I’d said back in December 2022 that Bobo had dropped the ball, even before he hired his rookie with zero head-coaching experience. Now we’ve given that time, and just look at what we’ve got. No turnovers but thousands of turned stomachs.

Clean house, Trustees. The Big Ten’s founding father deserves much better.

Reactions: pboiler18
Tool-Hand Luke Fishkill today called our offensive coordinator situation “one of the bad things in our game,” moaning about the early-season firing of a colleague, but it’s only one of the many bad things in Purdue games.

The same team that set a record for Purdue’s all-time worst loss – 66-7 – just came within 6 yards of Purdue’s record for penalty yards in a game – 171 – while seeing its QB add his own mark on The Cradle with a three-game pick-six streak.

And while Purdue’s offense sits near the bottom of major college football, things are even worse elsewhere. Purdue is 15th of 18 in scoring and total offense but ranks dead last in the Big Ten in points allowed, total defense and rushing defense and dead last in penalty yards … dead last nationally, as well.

CBS Sports clearly details Purdue’s many offenses in its piece today … https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...t-from-hot-coaching-name-to-midseason-firing/

I’d said back in December 2022 that Bobo had dropped the ball, even before he hired his rookie with zero head-coaching experience. Now we’ve given that time, and just look at what we’ve got. No turnovers but thousands of turned stomachs.

Clean house right now? That could present some near-term operational challenges.

****el- I mean Fickell is just mad now that he’ll actually have to put forth some effort on defense on Saturday to beat us vs us just beating ourselves again. It wasn’t 4 games or work that got him canned (those were certainly enough) but 16 below average games.

It’s a desperate move but I don’t see how you can argue it’s unwarranted.

****el- I mean Fickell is just mad now that he’ll actually have to put forth some effort on defense on Saturday to beat us vs us just beating ourselves again. It wasn’t 4 games or work that got him canned (those were certainly enough) but 16 below average games.

he will be well hydrated

Fickell needs to worry about his own pisspoor coaching performance …

Harrell should have been canned at the end of last season with his one page playbook. He might get Walters fired. And I’m a big believer that the buck stops at the head coach. If you hire a terrible coach, that’s on you, whether I like you or not.

If Walters makes it to next season, I think that is when you see the athletes start to make a difference on this defense. But I don’t know that he gets there.

Reactions: HarrysPostGame13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT