ADVERTISEMENT

That's the way to fix it Joe...sit on your arse while the country suffers.

There ain't no difference. Price gouging is price gouging. Either way, they are taking advantage. For example, a blizzard is forecasted to occur in 2 days. I go to the hardware store to buy a shovel that normally cost $20. They charge me $30. Is that price gouging or not?
Do you complain when the shovel goes on sale for $10 in March?

Or did you think ahead and buy it the previous March for $10?

So Kroger shouldn’t raise their retail prices when their suppliers raise their wholesale prices?
Yes, Kroger and others perhaps have to do what they have to do. The point is that companies are indiscriminately price gouging. That's what I'm generally talking about. I mentioned grocery stores because that is obviously where we go to get groceries where the prices have skyrocketed since the pandemic.

Yes, Kroger and others perhaps have to do what they have to do. The point is that companies are indiscriminately price gouging. That's what I'm generally talking about. I mentioned grocery stores because that is obviously where we go to get groceries where the prices have skyrocketed since the pandemic.
So Kroger is doing nothing wrong ?

Do you complain when the shovel goes on sale for $10 in March?

Or did you think ahead and buy it the previous March for $10?
No I don't and I've bought many stuff out of season when they go on sale. But I do find it very wrong to increase the price when a disaster is ensuing.

Let me ask you. You don't mind paying extra money for a shovel when a blizzard is coming?

No I don't and I've bought many stuff out of season when they go on sale. But I do find it very wrong to increase the price when a disaster is ensuing.

Let me ask you. You don't mind paying extra money for a shovel when a blizzard is coming?
Depending on where you live, a blizzard is not a disaster but just something you are used to dealing with.

I do mind paying extra money and think to myself, why didn't I plan ahead for winter and buy a shovel.

I don't think to myself, I wish the gov would hold my hand and do my thinking for me.

Depending on where you live, a blizzard is not a disaster but just something you are used to dealing with.

I do mind paying extra money and think to myself, why didn't I plan ahead for winter and buy a shovel.

I don't think to myself, I wish the gov would hold my hand and do my thinking for me.
You are kinda skiting around my question. Is it wrong for the hardware store to raise prices on shovels before a forecasted blizzard? Is it wrong for hardware stores to raise prices on plywood to board windows days before a hurricane? To me that is price gouging.

I told you, egg producers, milk producers, meat producers, whatever else that we buy at the stores that have increased.
So you don’t think farmers, cattle ranchers, egg and dairy producers, etc should raise their prices when their raw costs increase?

During disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards etc., hasn't hardware stores raise prices indiscriminately for needed items for lumber, tools, show shovel/blowers just to name a few?

When big events come to a city, don't the hotels in the area raise their prices indiscriminately? Try getting a $150 hotel room at a Hampton Inn in Augusta, GA during the week of the Master's Golf tournament?

Economics - SHORT TERM supply & demand.

Lol. And as short term....has Nothing to do with your theory on Biden not responsible for these prices.

So they should do all that work and lose money?
Dude, when there is a crisis like the pandemic, hurricane or tornado disasters, whoever is raising prices just to raise prices in those times are price gouging. We can argue all day about who, but someone is responsible for it.

Dude, when there is a crisis like the pandemic, hurricane or tornado disasters, whoever is raising prices just to raise prices in those times are price gouging. We can argue all day about who, but someone is responsible for it.
I’m talking about farmers, ranchers, and other food producers.

Are you saying they should do all the work, not pass on their cost increases, and not make a profit?

I’m talking about farmers, ranchers, and other food producers.

Are you saying they should do all the work, not pass on their cost increases, and not make a profit?
No, I keep telling y'all they raise prices just to raise prices. Price gouging. Corporate greed. Whatever you want to call it it happened. Happening since the pandemic. Happened for decades before and after tragic events of various types of weather disasters.

We can argue all day on whether or not price gouging was the cause of the high inflation. However, when it comes to raising prices before and after extreme weather events y'all can't convince me that corporations ain't indiscriminately raising prices much needed items for those events.

No, I keep telling y'all they raise prices just to raise prices. Price gouging. Corporate greed. Whatever you want to call it it happened. Happening since the pandemic. Happened for decades before and after tragic events of various types of weather disasters.

We can argue all day on whether or not price gouging was the cause of the high inflation. However, when it comes to raising prices before and after extreme weather events y'all can't convince me that corporations ain't indiscriminately raising prices much needed items for those events.
Are you saying that farmers and other food producers haven’t had their costs increase?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT