ADVERTISEMENT

That's the way to fix it Joe...sit on your arse while the country suffers.

TwinDegrees2

All-American
Aug 8, 2009
North Central Indiana
President Joe Biden said on Sunday he would not intervene to prevent the strike, adding that he doesn’t believe in the Taft-Hartley Act, which allows presidents to intervene in a labor dispute if it threatens national security.

“It’s collective bargaining. I don’t believe in Taft-Hartley,” he said.

Biden administration officials signaled they would not intervene in mid-September, when the union was warning that “time was running out” to reach an agreement.

And the walk off begins.

Heard they "only" want an 80% raise & no tech/robots. Wo. Turned down 50% raise (over 8 years)! That surely is not correct, right?

After Bidenomics, I sure can't blame them.

But wow some of the wages they make now are above $100K now. Not sure where I stand in this.
Sounds greedy?

Some limits on robots, I can understand....but no tech? Is there a balance??

Last edited:
Well, that's my point. What the so and so do y'all want Biden to do with this strike, or any other president with any other strike?

Good point. As you can see in my post I did not mention the President solving it........other than mention the obvious pain he caused ALL workers with Bidenomics.

Some facts....
They make on average $81,000/yr.
With overtime - up to $200,000.

Asking for a 77% pay raise.
MGMT offered 50%
I believe that is over 8 yrs perhaps

Striker on line quoted they wanted $5/hr raise or better for every year of next contract. Amounts to a $10,000 raise every year for the length of the contract.

Sticking point is automation and technology usage. Workers want none. Businesses want it to stay competitive.

And the walk off begins.

Heard they "only" want an 80% raise & no tech/robots. Wo. Turned down 50% raise (over 8 years)! That surely is not correct, right?

After Bidenomics, I sure can't blame them.

But wow some of the wages they make now are above $100K now. Not sure where I stand in this.
Sounds greedy?

Some limits on robots, I can understand....but no tech? Is there a balance??
Many foreign countries have implemented robots to replace humans and it's working out great. Those replaced by bots are getting jobs that pay much less with the help of their government .

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Most of the USW, UAW, Teamsters and many other union cats will vote for Harris. So, what is your point?

By the way how are the dockworkers going to vote for Chump when then officially endorse Harris.

Makes no difference who these unions endorse. None. The membership votes as they will. Biden held some of that vote. Harris won't.

Trump will take the majority of the working class vote because of his no tax on overtime pledge. Very popular @ my wife's work, even among former Dems. She works at likely one of the largest factories in Indiana.

Makes no difference who these unions endorse. None. The membership votes as they will. Biden held some of that vote. Harris won't.

Trump will take the majority of the working class vote because of his no tax on overtime pledge. Very popular @ my wife's work, even among former Dems. She works at likely one of the largest factories in Indiana.
Nope, of course there will be exceptions here and there but unions will overwhelmingly vote democrat. This election will be no different. Unions are not going to overwhelmingly vote for a party that want to eliminate unions. The repubs hate unions.

Nope, of course there will be exceptions here and there but unions will overwhelmingly vote democrat. This election will be no different. Unions are not going to overwhelmingly vote for a party that want to eliminate unions. The repubs hate unions.

Agree if Biden was running.

But Harris is not as likeable.....and evidence shows you are WRONG.

Learn from evidence.....the teamsters during a post Biden voting window from July 24-Sept. 15, rank-and-file Teamsters voted 59.6 percent for the union to endorse Trump, compared to 34 percent for Harris. Biden had a strong advantage with these same folks before he was forced out in a coup.

Agree if Biden was running.

But Harris is not as likeable.....and evidence shows you are WRONG.

Learn from evidence.....the teamsters during a post Biden voting window from July 24-Sept. 15, rank-and-file Teamsters voted 59.6 percent for the union to endorse Trump, compared to 34 percent for Harris. Biden had a strong advantage with these same folks before he was forced out in a coup.
What do you mean Harris is not likeable? People are still giddy since her announcement. Plus she is ahead or within the margin of error in most of the polls including swing states. Her rallies he Ave been off the charts.

You completely ignored my earlier post of the dockworkers officially endorsing Harris.

Autoworkers UAW

Steelworkers USW

Teamsters hasn’t made an official endorsement yet. But looks like they are leaning toward Harris. Mostly black Teamster locals have endorsed Harris.

What do you mean Harris is not likeable? People are still giddy since her announcement. Plus she is ahead or within the margin of error in most of the polls including swing states. Her rallies he Ave been off the charts.

You completely ignored my earlier post of the dockworkers officially endorsing Harris.

Autoworkers UAW

Steelworkers USW

Teamsters hasn’t made an official endorsement yet. But looks like they are leaning toward Harris. Mostly black Teamster locals have endorsed Harris.

Again who these Unions endorse makes NO difference.

To be clear, Harris is poling very poorly with men, what most these Unions are.

I showed you evidence why Trump will win the Union vote. Apparently, you didn't understand it, thus, likely why you felt compelled to post the dribble about meaningless union leadership you posted.

Have a good day.

Again who these Unions endorse makes NO difference.

To be clear, Harris is poling very poorly with men, what most these Unions are.

I showed you evidence why Trump will win the Union vote. Apparently, you didn't understand it, thus, likely why you felt compelled to post the dribble about meaningless union leadership you posted.

Have a good day.
You, 03, and Twin are really embarrassing. Y’all are the main Flavor Aiders in this forum. Y’all’s posts are really sad. Y’all are fighting so hard for Chump. I can tell on y’all’s posts that y’all are hanging on to all the hope that you can muster for Chump to win this election. Your last couple of posts is beyond ridiculous.

You, 03, and Twin are really embarrassing. Y’all are the main Flavor Aiders in this forum. Y’all’s posts are really sad. Y’all are fighting so hard for Chump. I can tell on y’all’s posts that y’all are hanging on to all the hope that you can muster for Chump to win this election. Your last couple of posts is beyond ridiculous.

Fighting for Trump. LOL

I have been completely honest about Trump and posted quite a bit about what a bad & terrible candidate he is....several times. I know you have seen this as you responded to the posts. That is the opposite of emotion. That is the opposite of fighting hard for him. Admit it, you are wrong again.

Btw ....Please by all means, direct me to 3 negative things you have said about K2. Don't worry about looking, you haven't. Thus, it appears YOU are the one "fighting hard" for K2....when she too is a terrible candidate. Fighting so hard you can't admit the truth when it is presented to you above because you are so emotional about K2, fighting hard......accusing me of what you are guilty of. LOL

Seems to be that way. I don’t know how they save the poor people.
Free college debt forgiveness
Free $25k first time home buyer

Oh, wait, those don’t help the poor.

Ummm
I would say higher grocery prices
Higher gas prices
Higher vehicle cost to support EVs
Requiring everyone to have health insurance (oh wait that was eliminated…except in CA, VT, RI, MA, NJ)
Oh wait those don’t help either.

Now I have it

Legalize marijuana and gambling for everyone!!!

Most of the USW, UAW, Teamsters and many other union cats will vote for Harris. So, what is your point?

By the way how are the dockworkers going to vote for Chump when then officially endorse Harris.
Here's how it works Cowboy. Union leaders endorse but the workers will vote for Trump. UAW rank and file voted overwhelmingly for Trump last time and they'll do it again this year.

And after Tampon Timmy's sideshow tonight in the debate, this is going to be a fun five weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT