ADVERTISEMENT

That's the way to fix it Joe...sit on your arse while the country suffers.

TwinDegrees2

All-American
Aug 8, 2009
North Central Indiana
President Joe Biden said on Sunday he would not intervene to prevent the strike, adding that he doesn’t believe in the Taft-Hartley Act, which allows presidents to intervene in a labor dispute if it threatens national security.

“It’s collective bargaining. I don’t believe in Taft-Hartley,” he said.

Biden administration officials signaled they would not intervene in mid-September, when the union was warning that “time was running out” to reach an agreement.

And the walk off begins.

Heard they "only" want an 80% raise & no tech/robots. Wo. Turned down 50% raise (over 8 years)! That surely is not correct, right?

After Bidenomics, I sure can't blame them.

But wow some of the wages they make now are above $100K now. Not sure where I stand in this.
Sounds greedy?

Some limits on robots, I can understand....but no tech? Is there a balance??

Last edited:
Intervene like Reagan did and fire the workers like he fired the air traffic controllers?

Are dock workers federal employees like Air traffic controllers are?
News to me if they are ....
Well, that's my point. What the so and so do y'all want Biden to do with this strike, or any other president with any other strike?

Well, that's my point. What the so and so do y'all want Biden to do with this strike, or any other president with any other strike?

Good point. As you can see in my post I did not mention the President solving it........other than mention the obvious pain he caused ALL workers with Bidenomics.

Some facts....
They make on average $81,000/yr.
With overtime - up to $200,000.

Asking for a 77% pay raise.
MGMT offered 50%
I believe that is over 8 yrs perhaps

Striker on line quoted they wanted $5/hr raise or better for every year of next contract. Amounts to a $10,000 raise every year for the length of the contract.

Sticking point is automation and technology usage. Workers want none. Businesses want it to stay competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT