ADVERTISEMENT

TCU - Utah State

I wonder if Zach doesn’t start on their seven footer Johnson early to stay out of foul trouble. It might mean giving up a few three pointers. Osobor is like Trevion with better handles. He is very good around the basket, changing direction and could draw fouls. Last night he went behind his back on the way to the hoop in traffic. If Zach stays out of foul trouble they could move him to Osobor. A couple early fouls on Zach is a games changer. A couple threes by Johnson isn’t.

I wonder if Zach doesn’t start on their seven footer Johnson early to stay out of foul trouble. It might mean giving up a few three pointers. Osobor is like Trevion with better handles. He is very good around the basket, changing direction and could draw fouls. Last night he went behind his back on the way to the hoop in traffic. If Zach stays out of foul trouble they could move him to Osobor. A couple early fouls on Zach is a games changer. A couple threes by Johnson isn’t.
He strikes me as similar to other players in the B10 like Wahl for example. Edey is good at not getting fouls and Edey is simply going to let him have jumpers if he wants but staying near the basket and not falling for pump fakes.

If he gets 15 that's fine as long as Edey gets 25+.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
Ya I think he started as a bench player in 1st half of the year. How we decide to matchup with him and their top scoring PF is going to decide the game, and also if edey can get 1 of those 2 in foul trouble early
What will decide the game is what usually does: turnovers and shooting. If we keep the former down and the latter decent, we win.

Johnson has avg about 2 3PAs a game and has had more than 2 3PAs around 12 times this year (including last night) and the most he has made in a game is 2. So I’m with ya on Zach guards him and TKR guards Osobor.

Lots of analysts talk about how Zach may be at a disadvantage but don’t talk too much about how the other team has to matchup vs him and if they haven’t before, they’re in for a real treat 😆 and have understand they have to stop him for 30+ mins. He’s like Derrick Henry and keeps comin at you and wears you down over the course of the game.

With that said, hope we bring it tomorrow!

Reactions: DrEss
Johnson has avg about 2 3PAs a game and has had more than 2 3PAs around 12 times this year (including last night) and the most he has made in a game is 2. So I’m with ya on Zach guards him and TKR guards Osobor.

Lots of analysts talk about how Zach may be at a disadvantage but don’t talk too much about how the other team has to matchup vs him and if they haven’t before, they’re in for a real treat 😆 and have understand they have to stop him for 30+ mins. He’s like Derrick Henry and keeps comin at you and wears you down over the course of the game.

With that said, hope we bring it tomorrow!
Zach's going to stay in the paint on defense regardless of who he guards.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Yeah he turned down a couple looks he normally takes. Think that first 3 which missed everything, shook him. Need him to dial in and go to work.

The rebounds and box outs he had were classic Mason. Just can’t have him playing scared
It seemed like every game he was at the post-game presser, he commented that he was just doing his job, which was to take the open shot, defend, and rebound. I suspect after last year he got that message during the off-season and continuously during this season. Hope he mentally snaps back into form.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It seemed like every game he was at the post-game presser, he commented that he was just doing his job, which was to take the open shot, defend, and rebound. I suspect after last year he got that message during the off-season and continuously during this season. Hope he mentally snaps back into form.
I’m not worried - I honestly feel like he comes out ready and shakes off any issues we see.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Ah then I was mistaken. Wonder why his stats are so low overall then, maybe he has just been playing much better lately
Their whole team has been playing better down the stretch although it is true that against top 40 teams either on the road or neutral sites they lost every game during the season by double digits.

Reactions: Cleanface
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT