ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan getting more post touches?

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
Is it just me or did we seem more focused on posting him up tonight than ever before? I hope so. That is where he belongs at this stage of his career. He can actually help our offense down there and the less he has the ball out on the perimeter the better for us. I've been wanting to see more of this since the start of the season but it seemed we were just letting him keep getting the ball on the perimeter even though it seemed clear to me that wasn't working real well. Hope this marks a change in the way we use him on offense.

Reactions: boiler62
he needs to get more post touches against smaller teams. Maryland and MSU are not the best matchups for this, but a team like IU would be. If Bryant is on Hammons, who is going to guard Caleb?

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Is it just me or did we seem more focused on posting him up tonight than ever before? I hope so. That is where he belongs at this stage of his career. He can actually help our offense down there and the less he has the ball out on the perimeter the better for us. I've been wanting to see more of this since the start of the season but it seemed we were just letting him keep getting the ball on the perimeter even though it seemed clear to me that wasn't working real well. Hope this marks a change in the way we use him on offense.
Me too. He almost single handedly blew the game taking terrible threes at the end of regulation and into OT. The near TO after the two misses - finally painter took him out. He green light to shooting 3's should be taken away.

I hope so too. He can be a beast down low.........and probably get a few more boards in the process. And if he keeps taking those three pointers at crucial times.......I will open up a vein LOL! I really like this kid, but under the bucket is where he shall rule.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
he needs to get more post touches against smaller teams. Maryland and MSU are not the best matchups for this, but a team like IU would be. If Bryant is on Hammons, who is going to guard Caleb?

I will take him getting ball in the post against any team over the alternative. If he had been down in the post more all season long he would have experience by now and be even better when we feed him the ball.

When he doesn't get his touches he gets frustrated and starts to chuck threes

I can't imagine a universe where Stone, Haas, Hammonds, Swanigan, Dodd or any of the other 7 footers in the league should be taking ANY three pointers.

Shooting 50% from inside the arc is equal to shooting 33% from the three.
Swanigan = 27% 3 pointers, 43% from field
Haas = 0% 3 pointers, 57% from the field
Hammonds = 50% 3 pointers, 59% from the field
Stone = 0% 3 pointers, 56% from the field
Dodd = 0% 3 pointers, 62% from the field

The team that allows their 7 footers to shoot threes deserves to lose.

I can't imagine a universe where Stone, Haas, Hammonds, Swanigan, Dodd or any of the other 7 footers in the league should be taking ANY three pointers.

Shooting 50% from inside the arc is equal to shooting 33% from the three.
Swanigan = 27% 3 pointers, 43% from field
Haas = 0% 3 pointers, 57% from the field
Hammonds = 50% 3 pointers, 59% from the field
Stone = 0% 3 pointers, 56% from the field
Dodd = 0% 3 pointers, 62% from the field

The team that allows their 7 footers to shoot threes deserves to lose.

Swanigan isn't a 7 footer but your point remains. He shouldn't be shooting many 3's because he can't hit enough to warrant it. I actually don't mind Hammons shooting one because he has knocked them down at a good clip this year and he only shoots them when it is one of the last available options in the offense.

Swanigan isn't a 7 footer but your point remains. He shouldn't be shooting many 3's because he can't hit enough to warrant it. I actually don't mind Hammons shooting one because he has knocked them down at a good clip this year and he only shoots them when it is one of the last available options in the offense.
Swanigan needs to live in the post...backing down his defender. That is his offensive strength.

Me too. He almost single handedly blew the game taking terrible threes at the end of regulation and into OT. The near TO after the two misses - finally painter took him out. He green light to shooting 3's should be taken away.
Dude, he scored the last 4 points of regulation to get us to OT. I don't disagree that he needs to shoot fewer threes, but he is a talented kid that needs to see the floor. He should be allowed to take a couple wide open threes each game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT