ADVERTISEMENT

Surprised

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
surprised by the lack of July offers. With the coaches out at all the sites evaluating I would have expected more offers than just Carter. & Butler.

Right now staff realistically is recruiting Hunter, Embery, Llewellyn and Dowuona.......although the list of offers is way longer.

Expect them to land maybe 1 of those above 4 guys. Would be unusual that we get 2 given recruiting history. And 2 of those plus TW would be awesome.

Maybe THT and Phinisee are realistic possible guys too, but I am doubtful

In any case, I still am expecting 4-6 more offers as staff gets their evaluations done this month... Surprisingly we have not seen them yet.

Butler always seems to grab someone from Kentucky that develops (Kelan Martin, Kameron Woods, Roosevelt Jones, Shelvin Mack). I saw Trey Hill from Louisville visited Purdue last December. I couldn't find much on him. There is a shooter CJ Fredrick out there too.

Butler always seems to grab someone from Kentucky that develops (Kelan Martin, Kameron Woods, Roosevelt Jones, Shelvin Mack). I saw Trey Hill from Louisville visited Purdue last December. I couldn't find much on him. There is a shooter CJ Fredrick out there too.

Got to know of all the recruits they watched that several new targets appear whether on opposing teams or even on the teams of recruits CMP is watching.... I suppose they just need to evaluate a few more times before extending more offers. But history says there will be more offers.

surprised by the lack of July offers. With the coaches out at all the sites evaluating I would have expected more offers than just Carter. & Butler.

Right now staff realistically is recruiting Hunter, Embery, Llewellyn and Dowuona.......although the list of offers is way longer.

Expect them to land maybe 1 of those above 4 guys. Would be unusual that we get 2 given recruiting history. And 2 of those plus TW would be awesome.

Maybe THT and Phinisee are realistic possible guys too, but I am doubtful

In any case, I still am expecting 4-6 more offers as staff gets their evaluations done this month... Surprisingly we have not seen them yet.

THT is blowing up right now. I admit I didn't know who he was last week. I assumed we needed Anderson, but THT will end up ranked higher and plays better on defense. Embery is tearing it up right now as well. I would love to see Painter land Embery and THT. Painter was late on the THT train so it would be a heck of a pull. Hunter and Henry would also be a nice combination. Llewllyn is interesting as well. 2 of those 5 I just mentioned would be very impressive.

Dowuana would be nice, but he isn't an elite rim protector. If we miss at the five, I would go all in on Jackson-Davis who should be a monster in the '19 class. Also said he wanted to commit early. Not going after a long rim protector sends a message to him and could really help our chances. With Ewing, Haarms, and Williams (and possibly Taylor for one more year possibly? Not sure if he was granted a 6th year or not) there should be enough depth and if need be Painter could add a graduate transfer. Jackson-Davis projects to be better than Dowuana because he is a rim protector already. Dowuana has some nice video, and I would be happy to see him become a Boiler, but if missing on him meant we get Jackson-Davis, I could dig that.

I view the lack of adding more offers as a good sign. We know painter has been looking at a lot of talented players this past month. To me this means the guys he's currently recruiting must have give n him some indication they are still very interested in purdue. .

Looks like we are adding another

Jaxson Hayes. Reminds me of George Conditt. Looks like his offer sheet is growing.

I like this offer. Looking at some brief videos of him, it appears he has some good athletic ability.
Plays on the same AAU team as Romeo.

Not saying we have any shot at Romeo but he has said quality of education is an important factor in his decision.

Reactions: TX4GB
Hayes sounds like a Brad Miller type with growth spurt and skills of a guard at 6'-10" which is rare.

Reactions: SnowLeopard
Hayes sounds like a Brad Miller type with growth spurt and skills of a guard at 6'-10" which is rare.

Get him!

Hayes will be a great get for us

Purdue is one of the best places in developing bigs....so solid match both ways

I do not know, but I do look forward to seeing just how Haarms is used if at all this year. Not sure we will see a bunch of him but then we may be surprised and see more than we thought. Which would be a good thing IMO.

I do not know, but I do look forward to seeing just how Haarms is used if at all this year. Not sure we will see a bunch of him but then we may be surprised and see more than we thought. Which would be a good thing IMO.

I think a lot of it depends on matchups. If it's a team that has a big man capable of banging inside, it'll probably by Taylor more for the simple fact he has mor experience doing that against Haas, Biggie, and Hammons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT