ADVERTISEMENT

Strong words from Zach Edey

There is more to life...
No shit! I never said there wasn’t.

There’s also more to life than Edey sending some “look how honorable I am am” tweet that actually doesn’t accomplish anything.

It’s basketball. It’s a game. We get it. This is understood. It’s a message board. It goes without saying that there is more to life. This is obvious.

Last edited:
Why derail a thread that is celebrating an exhibition of a close knit team? It has become an obsession with some of you guys. Just enjoy this team.
If you consider that “derailing,” that’s your opinion. Thanks for sharing your perspective. I’m enjoying this team very much, and have never said otherwise.

I’ll reiterate once more: I’m very much enjoying this team.

There’s also more to life than Edey sending some “look how honorable I am am” tweet that actually doesn’t accomplish anything.

It’s basketball. It’s a game. We get it. This is understood. It’s a message board. It goes without saying that there is more to life. This is obvious.
It goes without saying that we want them to win too. Grow up.

Just win in the tournament, please.
We all want them to win in the tournament. What does Zach posting this have anything to do with keeping them from that goal?

I'm with you on a lot of your posts about our shortcomings in March. I share many of the same opinions, but I just don't get why Zach supporting one of his teammates has anything to do with winning the dance? Anyone can post whatever they want here, but that just seems like a strange take.

I like his attitude and his take. It appears to me Zach has that Jerry west PG award on his mind. And since he has the media’s attention, he’s doing a little campaigning for his team mate.

This is a Purdue basketball forum. Not every thread has to be about ranking or the tournament some of us don’t have subscriptions to the Indy star or Twitter or x accounts.

And it’s nice to see stuff like this shared! I think it’s awesome!

We all want them to win in the tournament. What does Zach posting this have anything to do with keeping them from that goal?

I'm with you on a lot of your posts about our shortcomings in March. I share many of the same opinions, but I just don't get why Zach supporting one of his teammates has anything to do with winning the dance? Anyone can post whatever they want here, but that just seems like a strange take.
Yeah, you're probably right. I probably overreacted a bit.

I guess my thing is it comes off like Zach is speaking down to the voters and acting like he's above them and their opinions.

God forbid Purdue falls short again in the March, I'm sure these same people will say something to the extent of, "and this is why we didn't vote for Smith as an All-American..."

Just win. Let your play do the talking.

• Wow
Reactions: AceGilligan
This. Why get on twitter and preach to the masses? Just win, baby!
season 13 GIF

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerDeac
Just win in the tournament, please.

It's the posting equivalent of "You don't sweat much for a fat chick."

The biggest difference is we're fans in front of a computer and he's an All American basketball player stating how he feels about his fellow teammate. He actually plays the game.

The biggest difference is we're fans in front of a computer and he's an All American basketball player stating how he feels about his fellow teammate. He actually plays the game.
Nope. It's all about BoilerDeac's online persona and his ability to talk trash online and not have to endure taunts about Purdue losing in the NCAA tournament. If Edey isn't 100% focused on that, then he's wrong. Edey showing public appreciation and support for his teammate is just a distraction.

When Smith arrived and started working out with the team, there were rumors on social media that Boiler fans were going to be very happy. Then word started coming out from preseason practices that he was leading everyone in points and rebounds. Some didn't believe. Some even felt that if it was true, Purdue basketball was in trouble. It was true, and Purdue has fluorished with him in the lineup.

One of the main reasons Zack came back was that he loves his teammates. He sees every day that Braden isn't getting good numbers simply because he has the NPOY to throw it to.

Nope. It's all about BoilerDeac's online persona and his ability to talk trash online and not have to endure taunts about Purdue losing in the NCAA tournament. If Edey isn't 100% focused on that, then he's wrong. Edey showing public appreciation and support for his teammate is just a distraction.
I have no interest in talking trash online or in person. This is not what it's about.

I also never said Edey was "wrong" for doing what he did. Please make sure you read correctly and don't use words I never said.

Ultimately, I just have a different opinion, which is okay. We're humans.

Personally, while the tweet certainly was a nice way to stick up for his teammate, it also came across as a bit of a "holier than thou" approach. As in, "if you can't see how good Smith is, well then you don't deserve to vote for me either."

But, hey, that's just me -- and maybe I'm wrong!

Anyways, sending you love @TC4THREE -- be well.

• Wow
Reactions: AceGilligan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT