ADVERTISEMENT

Starting guards had 12 TO’s between them...

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
Boogie: 8
Nojel: 4
Cline: 4

Also, Boogie dribbling in to an obvious double team and Cline just wrapping the ball up for a tie up may be the worst sequence of plays while leading a close game I’ve ever seen...especially considering they are Purdue’s most experienced players.

That is stuff my 7th grade team knew not to do.

Also, Boogie dribbling in to an obvious double team and Cline just wrapping the ball up for a tie up may be the worst sequence of plays while leading a close game I’ve ever seen...especially considering they are Purdue’s most experienced players.

Not sure why EH didn’t see the court in the second half. I thought he ran the point pretty well.

Not sure why EH didn’t see the court in the second half. I thought he ran the point pretty well.

Nojel was a 4 on D the 2nd half and shut down Mann who killed Eifert early. EH would have taken Carsens minutes. He could have played some for Sasha but that lineup was working with him I'm there.

Reactions: mathboy

1st half and last 4 of 2nd killed us by the team playing to fast. If this team tries to hurry it up against a team that traps and presses like FSU they will be in trouble.

PJ's composure was missed at times today. They will get better as more of these situations play out, just wish they could have held on tonight.

Reactions: mathboy
Nojel was a 4 on D the 2nd half and shut down Mann who killed Eifert early. EH would have taken Carsens minutes. He could have played some for Sasha but that lineup was working with him I'm there.
There was lots of opportunity for him to play the second half. SS didn't really give us anything, so I'm not sure why you said that lineup was working. EB was playing so well (other than ft shooting), that he would have worked in any lineup. I also think he could have played for Cline when he was out. Cline clearly got winded the second half, as his shooting & ball handling fell apart the last 10 minutes.

Reactions: SKYDOG and Roeder
4purdue, SS was playing great defense. He picked up a couple of critical charges when FSU was really pushing hard. I was impressed with his play as he was supposed to be un-athletic and raw.

Unfortunately we lost that game at the FT line and a succession of turnovers by the guards.

Losing this game really hurts - not just now but in March. A win instead of a loss here can determine if you get in the tourney and even if you were in already it affects seeding. Seeding affects how far you are likely to go.

Look at the replay and you will see the ref with the front view calling a foul on FSU against Cline in the last seconds. The second official, from behind with Sasha perhaps limiting his view even more, comes running to center court calling the jump ball. Shouldn't the two refs have had a mini conference on what each saw? Looks to me like Cline should have been shooting FT's at that point and not FSU's ball. Also if Carsen was not fouled just before that, what is a foul anyhow?

Look at the replay and you will see the ref with the front view calling a foul on FSU against Cline in the last seconds. The second official, from behind with Sasha perhaps limiting his view even more, comes running to center court calling the jump ball. Shouldn't the two refs have had a mini conference on what each saw? Looks to me like Cline should have been shooting FT's at that point and not FSU's ball. Also if Carsen was not fouled just before that, what is a foul anyhow?
I like you thought the collision with Carsen at the half court line when FSU attempted to tap him was a foul. It is usually called when the defensive player runs into the dribbler, both still moving. The FSU guy initiated the contact coming from the side. Should have been a foul and one official called it, but was overridden. Weird stuff. Should have expected it from Teddy V.

The one thing that is really starting to bother me. Why are our guards dribbling the ball between their legs when they are bringing the ball up the court? Saw it numerous times last night when FSU was in full court press. Just get the ball up the court and start the offence.

I will say this carsen got fouled b4 all of that happening but we got ball back. That play with Kline as an official myself the C official called a foul but the lead official ran over bcuz he was sure of his call and called a jump ball and sold it. Which it was to me as well. All that player did was reached in put 2 hands on the ball and unfortunately for us it was ruled a jump ball kinda what I wud have called myself. Had Cline just dribbled it out they would had to foul him game over.

Reactions: James J Chitwood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT