ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Survey

BoilerBulldog

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2011
New Hampshire
Did anyone else get a stadium experience survey this week targeted for future design considerations with the remodel? What did you think? It’s clear they’re looking at a second level with a “club” level underneath it.

Reactions: ejs1111
Did anyone else get a stadium experience survey this week targeted for future design considerations with the remodel? What did you think? It’s clear they’re looking at a second level with a “club” level underneath it.
Got mine and completed it yesterday afternoon. Takes ~10 min
Very thorough.

By adding another deck, what will the capacity be? Wondered that during the survey.
There are 600K alumni. No reason that 10%+ their families/friends cannot attend if the product on the field is Entertaining. We've seen the drought years, wonder what good years would look like?

I imagine another deck wouldn't raise capacity all that much. i think of it as taking the current seats above the tunnel entrances, and raising them 10 feet in the air. I Imagine the SEZ would add some seating as well.

I can't imagine that renovations of the magnitude being discussed can be done during an offseason. Even if done over the course of multiple offseasons, it seems like there would be a need to find a temporary home for a year at some point. Has anyone mentioned this or do they think it can be done without displacing the team for a year?

I can't imagine that renovations of the magnitude being discussed can be done during an offseason. Even if done over the course of multiple offseasons, it seems like there would be a need to find a temporary home for a year at some point. Has anyone mentioned this or do they think it can be done without displacing the team for a year?
Phases. The team does very little in the actual stadium with the practice facility being fully operational.

They could build a deck in 9 months.

They could finish a SEZ project in 9 months. If not, they could just close that end of the stadium like IU did for a year while renovations were going on. Nothing would be displaced since the gameday locker rooms aren't currently in the stadium.

The lack of more questions about the South End Zone puzzled me. Lots of talk and drawings on that being a restaurant/bar area that could be used for both Football and Basketball seasons in the past, real train tunnels, and or field level boxes that looked like Pullman cars, I guess their emphasis is that second deck, since it would increase overall attendance is their priority right now to increase the flow of money into the coffers...

We need a live loco.

nickel-plate-road-765-berkshire-steam-engine-from-dale-freudenberger-jim-thorpe-8-22-2015-2.jpg

Completed my survey. It sounds exciting for the future plans. I like that we might get more actual seating with chair backs. I feel sometimes that my knees are in my chest with our current bleachers with my long legs.

Completed my survey. It sounds exciting for the future plans. I like that we might get more actual seating with chair backs. I feel sometimes that my knees are in my chest with our current bleachers with my long legs.
Seat backs are more comfortable, but I always feel like they take away from the atmosphere. More comfort = more relaxed, which isn't always what we want on a gameday.

Maybe there is a happy medium? seat backs between the 40's?

Reactions: ghostoffatjack
Keep in mind they've had some surveys and questions about the SEZ going back a couple years now. I suspect they already have an idea of what they'll do there.

I don't think they'll add capacity much on that east side, it's more a question of what sort of amenities folks want and how much they'll pay on a season basis.

I'm not from Indiana. But wasn't there an Indiana based railroad that could donate an engine? Wasn't there a song about the Wabash line? add some train signs and crossings.

IS Stormy Daniels any relation to any Purdue QB , turned broadcaster ? if so, I heard she's a great fund raiser with connections and donations..

IS Stormy Daniels any relation to any Purdue QB , turned broadcaster ? if so, I heard she's a great fund raiser with connections and donations..
no related to Chase. I could see a fund raiser around the 4th of July. If you come painted in red and white, she'll blue you for $40.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT