ADVERTISEMENT

Sooo, are we playing this weekend?

Excellent question. I imagine that the decision on next week game pairings should be easy enough that they should already be publicized. I see it as typical Big 10 incompetence.

Supposedly they were going to avoid rematches, so I'm guessing they flip Purdue and Wisconsin and we'll play Penn State. But who really knows. I would have expected it by this morning, but maybe they're waiting a bit to see who can actually play or not.

I did this quickly, so I don't know if I got everyone or if I duplicated programs, but IMHO, here's how it's likely going to go:
OSU/NU
IU/Iowa
MN/PSU
MD/WI
Purdue/UM
Rutgers/NU
IL/MSU

That's IF they avoid repeats.

EDIT: I did that based on schedules, not actually who played whom. On a quick review of actual results, it looks like it will hold.

Last edited:
So IU goes from an opportunity to play a winning team to prove their worth and the B1G gives them another game against a team with a losing record. SMH at the way rules are being made up as we go.

Reactions: DAG10
So IU goes from an opportunity to play a winning team to prove their worth and the B1G gives them another game against a team with a losing record. SMH at the way rules are being made up as we go.
If IU hasn’t cancelled already, they will soon.

Much rather play Purdue, beating you guys soooo much sweeter.

So much for the Big 10 guidelines on matching teams for the final weekend. I guess that they just do what they want to on the spur of the moment. I think Purdue85 had it right on what should have happened with the supposed rules for opponents.

Reactions: DAG10 and Purdue85
So much for the crossover games. I just noticed that Minnesota plays Wisconsin and Michigan State plays Maryland. Throw out the entire concept and do what you want, including making OSU eligible for the championship game.

So much for the Big 10 guidelines on matching teams for the final weekend. I guess that they just do what they want to on the spur of the moment. I think Purdue85 had it right on what should have happened with the supposed rules for opponents.

I want Delaney back

So much for the crossover games. I just noticed that Minnesota plays Wisconsin and Michigan State plays Maryland. Throw out the entire concept and do what you want, including making OSU eligible for the championship game.
plus giving psu a very uninterested Illini to play and get their asses in a bowl being a "hot" 4-5 team w/ a name.

How is it even possible with the asinine 21-day "no play" policy, that, a game that was not able to be played less than 7 days prior due to COVID issues could be played?

I was wondering the same thing. B1G going to change rules again?

What's stranger still is Brohm avoiding answering whether GK will play. His 21-days will expire before Friday.

Yeah that was strange. I guess he has some pact with the players that he is going to be extremely vague or is simply not going to discuss injuries or illnesses.

How is it even possible with the asinine 21-day "no play" policy, that, a game that was not able to be played less than 7 days prior due to COVID issues could be played?

From what I understand while both teams were dealing with issues they elected to pause themselves. They weren't ordered to by the B1G. I think both sides were/are simply making sure they have it contained.

From what I understand while both teams were dealing with issues they elected to pause themselves. They weren't ordered to by the B1G. I think both sides were/are simply making sure they have it contained.
But if either team, much less both teams, were not able to play less than 7 days ago....how could they play this week? There were enough guys out on either side/both sides that it was not possible to play...or they would have played...and that could not possibly have changed within 7 days...if they could not play on Saturday due to COVID, it is beyond me how they could possibly play 6 days after that...in, what is an absolutely meaningless game, save it being meaningful to the fan bases of each of the schools.

hBzfd7bxFtPNSfrjiebnrnNkhwC7wLkeyuDED8WfDkbMy9Nlp7nw7RsOE9WU--qksk7c7wa8AJ3Wv4a6cFErgV0zSwI5fWBShzjXBEvY1iPVI5UJpQG4GFCSxYjfKjJ8RUn4Witd42jqFfMx2Q4kca0Fe6fGH4fOQ6k

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT