ADVERTISEMENT

Casual fans are not idiots !!

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
I believe it's time to stop calling casual fans and those with differing opinions as idiots and trolls. it appears they are right as much as the experts here. and when they are right, it only encourages them to post "I told you so" threads aimed specifically at the posters who called them idiots just because they had a differing viewpoint. while the casual fan may not have insider information, they may have information about the opponent that the expert doesn't know about. they also possess an outsider rather than homer perspective. this could lead to a more objective prediction and observation and trend analysis.

just because a person doesn't do personal interviews doesn't mean they have less insight.

and the more the experts call the casual fans as idiots, the more posts the casual fan will post.

I believe we all can learn from the casual fan and their objective views and trends, , speculations conclusions and insights.

look at the first three games. we could have won all three games or lost all three games. With the exception of one game, there was no assured victory in any game this year. Looking forward, Purdue could beat Illinois, Northwestern and Indiana. Playing like they did today and if the play calling is the same, they could also lose the next three games just as easily.

who really knows? who is an expert? surely, not me. I just know that I know as much as those who call the casual fan an idiot. so if you consider yourself an expert, it's time you started considering others' differing opinions. there are no idiots here.

Sometimes when people error they do not recall when those they refer to as idiots tried to inform them of their negligence!

I love to read all those posts from very vocal posters about how great Hazell would become! . Unfortunately many people don’t have the time to reflect upon their own comments and just to choose to use the phrased I don’t recall.

I love to read all those posts from very vocal posters about how great Hazell would become! . Unfortunately many people don’t have the time to reflect upon their own comments and just to choose to use the phrased I don’t recall.
Do you really read posts about Hazell from 10 years ago to make yourself feel better?

Wow. That is sad. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Do you really read posts about Hazell from 10 years ago to make yourself feel better?

No but my memory is very good as to what people like you said about me! And people here are very quick here to to always bring up Les miles, but when asked who their choice was they become strangely silent or don’t recall. Last week doo dah day quoted me as saying something I never said. Did he provide a link or context? No! He just made it up and people believe him!

No but my memory is very good as to what people like you said about me! And people here are very quick here to to always bring up Les miles, but when asked who their choice was they become strangely silent or don’t recall. Last week doo dah day quoted me as saying something I never said. Did he provide a link or context? No! He just made it up and people believe him!
I'm sorry people have said thing about you. What have I said about you?

Kudos to Wole for taking a "hard look" at the posts. :)

Happy New Year, folks!

Good luck to Purdue Coach Ryan Walters and staff this upcoming off-season and into next year - challenges ahead for sure.....but also opportunities.

Up from the Ashes.....
Grow the Roses of Success.....

ADVERTISEMENT