ADVERTISEMENT

Some truly entertaining whining in this IU Star piece

It merits its own thread simply to draw attention to the excellence of the IU School of 'Journalism'.

Myopia reigns supreme there more than anywhere, and, this is just the most recent example...

Why are Georgia, Iowa St. and Oklahoma ranked ahead of the Hoosiers? Umm...newsflash...because they are better.

Then again, when you only live in the bubble that is "IU", you have no understanding of the rest of the world...it has plagued them with respect to basketball for years, and, heaven forbid, now that they have had the most miraculous year ever in football, it has creeped in already over there.

Myopia reigns supreme there more than anywhere, and, this is just the most recent example...

Why are Georgia, Iowa St. and Oklahoma ranked ahead of the Hoosiers? Umm...newsflash...because they are better.

Then again, when you only live in the bubble that is "IU", you have no understanding of the rest of the world...it has plagued them with respect to basketball for years, and, heaven forbid, now that they have had the most miraculous year ever in football, it has creeped in already over there.
Good point, myopia must be the reason they have so much love for each other.

Reactions: DAG10

On what grounds? All three of those teams have 2 losses. Oklahoma lost to 4-6 Kansas. Iowa State lost by 17 points to a G5 school.

If Purdue was in the same situation, there would be an equal amount of whining.
Irrelevant, but, not likely close to true...as it happens at IU regardless of the actual situation (and now, sport).

B#llsh*t.

For G-d's sake... BEAT someone with a winning record. THEN you'll be taken seriously.

You ever take a step back and think that when you beat a team it gets reflected in that teams loss column?

Wisconsin is .500 because IU beat them, that's not IU's fault

Maryland is .500 because IU beat them, that's not IU's fault.

Acting like IU, or any team for that matter, has control of what their opponents do after they place is a dumber take than your 2-6 prediction. It's a new low for you I'm afraid but your bar was never set that high to begin with in the first place.

What we've been saying this whole time. Zero ranked wins for them guys.
This is incorrect. I know where you are going here. you are saying IU hasnt beaten a single team that is currently ranked, not accounting for opponents that were ranked at the time the game was played. UW is ranked #25 in both the AP and Coaches poll.

You ever take a step back and think that when you beat a team it gets reflected in that teams loss column?

Wisconsin is .500 because IU beat them, that's not IU's fault

Maryland is .500 because IU beat them, that's not IU's fault.

Acting like IU, or any team for that matter, has control of what their opponents do after they place is a dumber take than your 2-6 prediction. It's a new low for you I'm afraid but your bar was never set that high to begin with in the first place.
There are 3 teams in the Big Ten with winning record besides IU. Those teams would still have a winning record even if IU had played and beaten them. Two of those teams were not on the schedule and the third was a loss. That is why people are saying the schedule is a factor. Overall, really good season, but not top 10 body of work. Honestly, the CFP ranking is rather irrelevant unless you are a team legitimately in the discussion for the CFP. Whatever slim hopes IU had went down the drain with the decision to send OSU to the BTCG. So, 8th, 12th, 15th, whatever. It's just a number now.

There are 3 teams in the Big Ten with winning record besides IU. Those teams would still have a winning record even if IU had played and beaten them. Two of those teams were not on the schedule and the third was a loss. That is why people are saying the schedule is a factor. Overall, really good season, but not top 10 body of work. Honestly, the CFP ranking is rather irrelevant unless you are a team legitimately in the discussion for the CFP. Whatever slim hopes IU had went down the drain with the decision to send OSU to the BTCG. So, 8th, 12th, 15th, whatever. It's just a number now.

It's not irrelevant for a NY6 Bowl invitation which would be monumental for the IU football program. So being ranked 12th is a raw deal for Indiana. Not moving up a single spot after beating Wisconsin on the road, while a 2 loss Iowa State team sits 7th ain't right. Iowa State lost by 17 at home to a G5 school and to a 3 loss OK State team.

It's not irrelevant for a NY6 Bowl invitation which would be monumental for the IU football program. So being ranked 12th is a raw deal for Indiana. Not moving up a single spot after beating Wisconsin on the road, while a 2 loss Iowa State team sits 7th ain't right. Iowa State lost by 17 at home to a G5 school and to a 3 loss OK State team.
By your logic Coastal Carolina should be ahead of IU. Undefeated and beat 2 ranked teams.

Like it or not, things like the eye ball test and who you beat factor in. Iowa St has a Heisman candidate running back and 2 wins that are superior to any of IU's. Your +75 scoring margin against a schedule with OSU and a bunch of mediocre teams isn't getting anyone excited. The rankings are always a beauty pageant, which is why you see teams like Clemson and Bama running up scores all season long. There is literally nothing new here, no conspiracy out to screw IU. Take your glory season and be happy about it.

Last edited:
By your logic Coastal Carolina should be ahead of IU. Undefeated and beat 2 ranked teams.

I have no problem with Coastal Carolina being ranked ahead of IU. I don’t think any of my posts had qualms with CC. But Iowa State and Georgia with two losses is a travesty.

on the road is largely meaningless this year.

If IU really wants some quality wins in future years, it should schedule some better noncon games than Ball State. I see Cincy on the schedule, which was no doubt planned before Cincy became really good (or it would not have been planned), so that may help - assuming Rev Coach Leo and his love boys win.

And here’s what I don’t get. #18 CC beats #11 BUU and jumps 5 spots. BYU only falls to #18. #12 Indiana beats #16 Wisconsin on the road and doesn’t move while Wisconsin falls completely out of the rankings. Two weeks ago NW beats Wisconsin and moves up 11 whole spots while IU stays stationary. None of it makes sense.

I have no problem with Coastal Carolina being ranked ahead of IU. I don’t think any of my posts had qualms with CC. But Iowa State and Georgia with two losses is a travesty.
So you acknowledge that by the same logic you use to say IU should be ahead of certain teams, there are also teams behind IU that deserve to be ahead of IU. Kind of sticks a fork in the complaint. Just swap undefeated CC and USC for 2 loss UGa and ISU and keep IU at 12.

And here’s what I don’t get. #18 CC beats #11 BUU and jumps 5 spots. BYU only falls to #18. #12 Indiana beats #16 Wisconsin on the road and doesn’t move while Wisconsin falls completely out of the rankings. Two weeks ago NW beats Wisconsin and moves up 11 whole spots while IU stays stationary. None of it makes sense.
Don't forget IU moved up almost 30 spots after their win against PSU, which turned out to be not such a great win. The market is correcting itself.

So you acknowledge that by the same logic you use to say IU should be ahead of certain teams, there are also teams behind IU that deserve to be ahead of IU. Kind of sticks a fork in the complaint. Just swap undefeated CC and USC for 2 loss UGa and ISU and keep IU at 12.

USC hasn't beaten anyone, yet, although they somehow jumped 6 spots after beating a 1 win Washington State team, to warrant jumping Indiana. I think the CFB rankings should look like this:

1. Bama
2. ND
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. TAMU
6. Florida
7. Cincinnati
8. Coastal Carolina
9. Indiana
10. Miami.
11. Iowa State
12. Oklahoma
13. Georgia

The rest haven't really paid attention too

Don't forget IU moved up almost 30 spots after their win against PSU, which turned out to be not such a great win. The market is correcting itself.

The first college football playoff rankings came out a month after Indiana beat Penn State. Indiana entered the AP/Coaches poll the week after beating a top 10 team as would any team under any scenario.

Indiana debuted at 12th, the Tuesday following their 7 point loss to Ohio State and haven't moved since.

I have to say.... I think IU got hosed in the rankings as well.....

B#llsh*t.

For G-d's sake... BEAT someone with a winning record. THEN you'll be taken seriously.
LOL, Indiana beat three top 25 teams this year. It's certainly not Indiana's fault that those teams were all broken by the Hoosiers. Well, Wisconsin can beat Iowa and finish pretty strong but Indiana broke PSU and Michigan.

Indiana is going to be breaking a lot of these scumbags in the future....

LOL, Indiana beat three top 25 teams this year. It's certainly not Indiana's fault that those teams were all broken by the Hoosiers. Well, Wisconsin can beat Iowa and finish pretty strong but Indiana broke PSU and Michigan.

You sound very un-leo like.

Rev Coach Love would disapprove (although he wouldn't mind if you choked a woman)

Iowa State won the Big XII regular season outright ahead of Oklahoma, Texas, and Oklahoma State (with wins over Oklahoma and Texas and a 3-pt loss @ Oklahoma State) - yes a bad loss out-of-conference to Louisiana. Regardless, I would think a majority of non-partisans would have Iowa State over Indiana, who's had a very good year. Won't matter anyway because Oklahoma and Iowa State are headed for a re-match. This year, the Big XII is better than the Big Ten, IMHO. That's partly due to Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State really struggling.

You have a point with Georgia IMO, but we all know about the SEC-bias.

Hard for me to argue against the notion that the conference's recent actions is all about trying to get a bigger payday with Ohio State in the CFP - realistically, the conference's best shot. I don't like the idea of changing the rules/criteria midstream.

5fd1443e0a823798657208.gif

Reactions: Mr_Scott

You're right about one thing. Losing to IU is truly demoralizing.

How many of those 3 ranked teams are going bowling? If you can't see the SEC is better and better by a huge gap. Well, you're not paying attention.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
You have a point with Georgia IMO, but we all know about the SEC-bias.

Georgia is my biggest gripe. Iowa State and Oklahoma play each other and that will work itself out, but Georgia has business being ranked 9th.

Georgia, like IU, beat two then-ranked teams to start the year. Tennessee is now 2-6 and Auburn is 5-4 with their best win over 4-6 Kentucky. But unlike IU, Georgia has two losses and none of them were contests.

USC hasn't beaten anyone, yet, although they somehow jumped 6 spots after beating a 1 win Washington State team, to warrant jumping Indiana. I think the CFB rankings should look like this:

1. Bama
2. ND
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. TAMU
6. Florida
7. Cincinnati
8. Coastal Carolina
9. Indiana
10. Miami.
11. Iowa State
12. Oklahoma
13. Georgia

The rest haven't really paid attention too
USC hasn't beat anyone... Hmmm.. who does that sound like...? Are we sure they didn't "break" ASU and Utah?

I hate the SEC but they have won 11 of the last 20 National titles. We have 2, both coming from OSU. If you've never been to a game in the south and see how people live their life around that sport. That's what makes them better. Reminds me when Indiana high school was dominate in basketball. It was life to us....

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG and DAG10

Lol at saying you broke them.

And the combined record of those "top 25" teams IU has beaten? An amazing 6-11. World beaters I tell ya.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT