ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue recruiting some intel on Tyger Campbell

Brian_GoldandBlack.com

Jun 18, 2003
West Lafayette, Ind.
I have not been able to get a hold of him and we'll see if I'm able to at any point, but this might be shaping up well for Purdue, another reflection of how crazy recruiting can be.

I will preface this by noting that anything can happen, particularly in this case, but I'm not sure who else is really on him at this point. DePaul may not be of interest to him at this point. Maryland was lying in the weeds, but they got Eric Ayala earlier this month and he has point guard on his mind. Plus, they have two more years of Anthony Cowan after this one.

Campbell hasn't seen his door beaten down by bluebloods the way he might have figured when he decommitted from DePaul, he just took an official visit to a school with an immediate need at point guard and he did it about two-and-a-half weeks before the signing date.

My assumption has always been he'd push things to spring and go from there, but don't have any reason to believe that to be the case now. If he intends to sign early, he's very much on the clock right now.

I know they're looking for an immediate-impact situation with better players than he'd play with at DePaul had he remained with them, and Purdue would check that box.

Very possible this works out for Purdue and Purdue winds up when all is said and done with the best point guard it recruited for this class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News