ADVERTISEMENT

So what are we officially and really at, commitment #6 or #8?

I thought it was officially 5. Did I miss someone? 3 original plus the PA OL and Murphy?

We are at 7 right now officially. We have 5 official verbals. There are also the 2 blueshirts from last year that will count toward our total in 2020.

Now, there have been 2 other bat signals that have not been announced. There is also been talk (rumors) that maybe Carr might be a silent verbal, similar to David Bell last year, but that will not be confirmed until October 11th, which is when he is officially announcing.

So far as counts, we are at 7 officially. We could be at 9 anytime, if the other 2 verbals are announced, and we could really be at 10, if Carr is a silent verbal, but we won't know if that is true until October.

Clear as mud?

Clear as mud?
Yes!!!

No...?

I was counting Maliq as one of the silent verbals to get to 8, wasn't even considering the blueshirts. So if we have 15 to give (barring transfers/grades), by your "best guesstimate" we only have 5 left.

so we have 9 so far? Is this recruiting class shaping up to be as good as last years?

Eron Hodges just put one out about a half hour ago. So it’s possible we know something soon. There are also some big Purdue targets committing within a month so hopefully we keep seeing the signals.

I also noticed Carr was back and was visiting both football and basketball. Still not sure if he did a secret commitment, but that certainly would make sense considering his commitment date.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Eron Hodges just put one out about a half hour ago. So it’s possible we know something soon. There are also some big Purdue targets committing within a month so hopefully we keep seeing the signals.

I also noticed Carr was back and was visiting both football and basketball. Still not sure if he did a secret commitment, but that certainly would make sense considering his commitment date.
Another thread posted they thought the QB that visited recently was the next verbal

Another thread posted they thought the QB that visited recently was the next verbal
So depending on silent verbals, October surprises and everything else, we're either down to 4 schollies to give (if total is 15) or 6 to give if the total is 17. I wouldn't expect too many more until the season starts, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

So depending on silent verbals, October surprises and everything else, we're either down to 4 schollies to give (if total is 15) or 6 to give if the total is 17. I wouldn't expect too many more until the season starts, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.
Aaaand I stand corrected! That was quick.

Haven't seen any DT yet, looking for a commit from one of them.

We have a really good class so far, but the biggest need/hole at DT/DE. That is going to be the biggest thing holding Purdue back.

Need to get better at controlling the line. When Neal went out, it was obvious that Purdue was hilariously over matched. Couldn’t stop the run at all. Purdue has some guys, but they need players like Ox who would likely start day one.

We have a really good class so far, but the biggest need/hole at DT/DE. That is going to be the biggest thing holding Purdue back.

Need to get better at controlling the line. When Neal went out, it was obvious that Purdue was hilariously over matched. Couldn’t stop the run at all. Purdue has some guys, but they need players like Ox who would likely start day one.
every class has holes.

We'll likely land 2 DT in this class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT