ADVERTISEMENT

So The Bump And Grind For Purdue Recruits Begins......

Bippus33

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 1, 2015
A family friend who`s son has been attending some football camps told his parents that the talk about coach JB and Purdue Football is very positive!!!! So much so that other schools coaches are telling kids that JB is a very good coach but that Purdue is merely a stepping stone job for him and if he has any success at all that he wont be at Purdue by the time that they are seniors.
Sounds like JB and the staff are making head way in recruiting!!! Boiler Up!!!

It is no different of schools saying a coach will be retiring soon or on the hot seat to try to influence a recruit. Recruiting is a dirty business, because these young kids' talent could affect their employment in the future by their decisions.

Reactions: dbartn
A family friend who`s son has been attending some football camps told his parents that the talk about coach JB and Purdue Football is very positive!!!! So much so that other schools coaches are telling kids that JB is a very good coach but that Purdue is merely a stepping stone job for him and if he has any success at all that he wont be at Purdue by the time that they are seniors.
by the time they are seniors? maybe if they have a RS and a med RS year.

I'll say PSU and MAYBE MSU...but MSU's standing is shaky at best given their struggles last season and the scandals that seem to keep popping up.

Almost added PSU, but then as BoilerBulldog stated OBrien went from there to Houston (but he also came from the NFL as a coach so he may be unique).

Be interesting to see how the Spartan job goes after Dantino is gone

It is no different of schools saying a coach will be retiring soon or on the hot seat to try to influence a recruit. Recruiting is a dirty business, because these young kids' talent could affect their employment in the future by their decisions.
Is it "dirty" if the person saying it believes it? Speculating that a coach may leave via retirement or otherwise isn't dirty recruiting to me if their said speculation is reasonable. That it might happen is a fact... it might. JB got a bigtime bump in program level when he took the Purdue job. Is it crazy to think he wouldn't consider doing the same at a better program if has early success here? Now I don't think he's going to have the kind of early success that will have a lot of other schools calling, but the B1G West is no meat grinder, so anything's possible.

By comparison... if 2 people at different companies are in the sales business - 1 aged 30 and the other 60 - and both going after the same client, is it dirty for the 30-yr old to say "I'd love to have your business and plan to be here for years to come; Mr. 60 has been good for your organization for a couple decades and we both respect him, but he might not have that much more tread left on the tires. What can I do for you today to earn your business long-term?"

Reactions: Zaphod_B
LOL!!! Statement makes now sense..."won't be around by the time they are seniors"...........Going to take at least 2 years just to climb to a .500 season....unless he really sucks,which I highly doubt it............he will be here for at least 5 years............then probably his brother takes over................life is good!!

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
LOL!!! Statement makes now sense..."won't be around by the time they are seniors"...........Going to take at least 2 years just to climb to a .500 season....unless he really sucks,which I highly doubt it............he will be here for at least 5 years............then probably his brother takes over................life is good!!

The irony.

Brohm's contract is six years, so unless the athletic department wants to go down the slippery slope of contract buyouts I think he will be here for the entire contract.

Brohm's contract is six years, so unless the athletic department wants to go down the slippery slope of contract buyouts I think he will be here for the entire contract.

Huh? They bought out Hope and they bought out Hazell.

Reactions: Bippus33
Let me rephrase that..."continue down the slippery slope of contract buyouts."
You mean you dont want to be ND?

I think people are worried about Brohm leaving for a better job should he have success. Purdue wouldnt be on the hook for anything in that case.

Reactions: Bippus33
After CJB takes us to the B1G Championship and of course wins that game, and a couple New Years Day Bowl games, he's not going anywhere, he will fall in love with the University and the people, PU will give him all the tools and $$$, he needs to stay up at the top, no this is not TIC. IMHO he will raise his family here and count his blessings every day!!
Boiler Up!!

After CJB takes us to the B1G Championship and of course wins that game, and a couple New Years Day Bowl games, he's not going anywhere, he will fall in love with the University and the people, PU will give him all the tools and $$$, he needs to stay up at the top, no this is not TIC. IMHO he will raise his family here and count his blessings every day!!
Boiler Up!!
sounds good

jointsmoking.jpg

If he gets Purdue up and running, some of the jobs that people are thinking are "better" will be viewed as a lateral move because the reason people are saying they are better jobs is that they have had more recent success. Louisville will always be there as his going-home school which may or may not be important to him but if you take the personal ties away I don't think Louisville can offer anything Purdue can't in terms of support for the football program.

If he gets Purdue up and running, some of the jobs that people are thinking are "better" will be viewed as a lateral move because the reason people are saying they are better jobs is that they have had more recent success. Louisville will always be there as his going-home school which may or may not be important to him but if you take the personal ties away I don't think Louisville can offer anything Purdue can't in terms of support for the football program.
I may beg to differ on that

2097119709001_5365397217001_5349913164001-vs.jpg

I doubt his grievances with the board will cause him to discontinue dumping truckloads of money as a booster.

I doubt his grievances with the board will cause him to discontinue dumping truckloads of money as a booster.

We will see, but even if he does it's not as if we don't have some wealthy, if not as high profile, boosters and a much greater annual revenue stream from being in the Big Ten.

Plus, wait until I hit Mega Millions tomorrow.

We will see, but even if he does it's not as if we don't have some wealthy, if not as high profile, boosters and a much greater annual revenue stream from being in the Big Ten.

Plus, wait until I hit Mega Millions tomorrow.

UofL reportedly took in over $29M in donations in 2014-15.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...-institutions-2014-2015-fiscal-year/83018534/

Indiana and Purdue combined took in about $36.7M

7. Indiana - $19,178,424
10. Purdue - $17,531,381

http://www.nwherald.com/2016/01/27/...departments-spentmadepaid-in-2014-15/aohcy86/

We've both got a LONG way to go to catch up with that.

UofL reportedly took in over $29M in donations in 2014-15.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...-institutions-2014-2015-fiscal-year/83018534/

Indiana and Purdue combined took in about $36.7M

7. Indiana - $19,178,424
10. Purdue - $17,531,381

http://www.nwherald.com/2016/01/27/...departments-spentmadepaid-in-2014-15/aohcy86/

We've both got a LONG way to go to catch up with that.

What about other years? One big donation can skew that number in any given year. It may be that way every year. I don't know. I would guess donations rise with success and we're coming off probably the worst four year stretch in program history. If CJB wins, donations will rise.

Also, you must factor in tv revenue into the equation.

The entire premise of this is that CJB wins big at Purdue and thus other major conference programs come after him. Therefore you need to think about where the program would be in such a scenario and not simply where it is right now.

There are some programs that will always have more resources than us like the Ohio State's and Alabama's of the world. It would take decades of continued high level success for us to attain such status. Below that level though I don't think we are that far behind many that a good few years wouldn't catch us up to a similar position.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
What about other years? One big donation can skew that number in any given year. It may be that way every year. I don't know. I would guess donations rise with success and we're coming off probably the worst four year stretch in program history. If CJB wins, donations will rise.

Also, you must factor in tv revenue into the equation.

The entire premise of this is that CJB wins big at Purdue and thus other major conference programs come after him. Therefore you need to think about where the program would be in such a scenario and not simply where it is right now.

There are some programs that will always have more resources than us like the Ohio State's and Alabama's of the world. It would take decades of continued high level success for us to attain such status. Below that level though I don't think we are that far behind many that a good few years wouldn't catch us up to a similar position.
how were the contributions during the Tiller years?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT