ADVERTISEMENT

So let me get this straight

You're welcome to disagree.

The game doesn't occur in a vacuum. Had we executed on those plays you've focused on, we have no idea how Minny's game plan would have changed, what the score would have been, and what situation we would have been in. Had we converted those, Minny likely would have played the game differently and we could have been in a better or worse situation. It's impossible to know. This is not a ledger, in which we simply add up debits and credits, and assume everything else stays the same.

The exercise you've chosen to engage in is irrelevant, and meaningless.
I like how you explain this. Because some of these people who post on here need some help understanding things. You’re so correct when you say the game is not played in a vacuum. Every play changes how the next play is handled. It’s kind of why is considered a chess match of sorts. So sure we could have executed on previous plays but those ‘executed plays’ would have change the way the latter part of the game was played. That’s why it’s called “a game“. some people struggle with that who post on here.

I like how you explain this. Because some of these people who post on here need some help understanding things. You’re so correct when you say the game is not played in a vacuum. Every play changes how the next play is handled. It’s kind of why is considered a chess match of sorts. So sure we could have executed on previous plays but those ‘executed plays’ would have change the way the latter part of the game was played. That’s why it’s called “a game“. some people struggle with that who post on here.
No struggle here, just a believer in there are no victims in the game so I choose to consider all the possibilities for why the Boilers lost. I can't do anything about those other opportunities, I'm a fan at the end of the day. I'm just interested if the coaching staff will see the same opportunities, make corrections, and move the team forward. The Boilers had plenty of opportunities to win the game. The Boilers had the ball AFTER the call and could have pulled it out. Yes, literally speaking if the call doesn't happen Purdue most likely wins but we don't know that either since that didn't happen and Minnesota didn't get the ball back needing to score.

Reactions: jmohlman
No struggle here, just a believer in there are no victims in the game so I choose to consider all the possibilities for why the Boilers lost. I can't do anything about those other opportunities, I'm a fan at the end of the day. I'm just interested if the coaching staff will see the same opportunities, make corrections, and move the team forward. The Boilers had plenty of opportunities to win the game. The Boilers had the ball AFTER the call and could have pulled it out. Yes, literally speaking if the call doesn't happen Purdue most likely wins but we don't know that either since that didn't happen and Minnesota didn't get the ball back needing to score.
I certainly respect that viewpoint. I too felt like we could have pulled it out even after that horrendous call. But it didn’t happen. There will be other fall outs unfortunately from the loss it’s just too bad. There will be those after the season who forget that one of the losses never actually “really happened“ but they will say that this coaching staff underachieved. Just a lot of fall out that happens with things like that. It’s unfortunate, doesn’t happen? Of course it does. Have we as a society been taught over the last year to just “except too many of these things as normal?“ Of course we have. And some of us are just plain sick and tired of it because mediocrity is nothing to aspire to be great at

Reactions: Bstix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT