ADVERTISEMENT

So let me get this straight

FirstDownB

All-American
Oct 12, 2015
The betting line swings back and forth by 3-4 points just hours before kickoff.

Minnesota gets called for ZERO holding penalties all night on 41 rushes while their OL administers the “white glove” treatment.

Purdue rushes 25 times and gets an extremely questionable holding penalty.

Review of Minnesota receiver catching ball with ball movement after foot out of bounds.. call stands.

Review of Purdue receiver catching ball with ball movement after foot out of bounds.. call overturned.

Purdue game winning, and perhaps more significantly point spread beating score nullified by phantom PI call.

there was 100% intent on ruining that game by 1 if not more of those referees

100%. Like fans say it a lot on bad calls, but there is NO DENYING there was ulterior motives going on

**** referees, **** them. every ref in that game should never be allowed to ref so much as a pee wee game after tonight

The betting line swings back and forth by 3-4 points just hours before kickoff.

Minnesota gets called for ZERO holding penalties all night on 41 rushes while their OL administers the “white glove” treatment.

Purdue rushes 25 times and gets an extremely questionable holding penalty.

Review of Minnesota receiver catching ball with ball movement after foot out of bounds.. call stands.

Review of Purdue receiver catching ball with ball movement after foot out of bounds.. call overturned.

Purdue game winning, and perhaps more significantly point spread beating score nullified by phantom PI call.

Terrible call by the official but your nuts in thinking the line moved because of some conspiracy to screw Purdue. The line clearly moved as it became evident Rondale Moore was going to play and Minnesota was going to be out 20+ players. Happens every week,

Reactions: Zaphod_B
The game wasn't fixed. The refs didn't miss two short field goals. They didn't throw the pick at the end of the game and they didn't force Brohm to make some questionable play calls. The team is getting better, Rondale on the field is awesome, but ball distribution needs more balance. Having King Doerue and Horvath is good news. Defense needs work. Boiler up, going to be a crazy season.

The line were moving because of Purdue's QB, not knowing about Moore etc. Look, that call was pathetic, however, the ref wasn't fixing the game.

The game wasn't fixed. The refs didn't miss two short field goals. They didn't throw the pick at the end of the game and they didn't force Brohm to make some questionable play calls. The team is getting better, Rondale on the field is awesome, but ball distribution needs more balance. Having King Doerue and Horvath is good news. Defense needs work. Boiler up, going to be a crazy season.
While it’s true we had some really poor play and play calling most of the game, along with a comatose defense, that one call literally did take away 6 points. With 50 seconds left in the game, that likely directly affects the result. Objectively a bad call from everyone’s perspective.

sorry. doesn't cut the mustard. our qb made a game winning drive. if we had won the game on such a call you wouldn't be posting.

there was 100% intent on ruining that game by 1 if not more of those referees

100%. Like fans say it a lot on bad calls, but there is NO DENYING there was ulterior motives going on

**** referees, **** them. every ref in that game should never be allowed to ref so much as a pee wee game after tonight
I think it’s really cute that these people with small you know what’s are saying “have another drink“. Maybe I’m just getting tired of all the bullshit going on in this country where tens of thousands of small business owners are getting shit on every day by the government and get nothing in return for their 30 or more years of hard labor and taxes paid only to see their dream vanish overnight. Maybe I’m just getting sick of rooting for a team that makes their own brakes only to have them taken away and to see that the pointspread was covered, just barely

But isn’t it time that people get tired, gets sick and tired of the bullshit? Isn’t it time that people stand up for what’s right and call out what’s wrong? Everyone who watch that game could see that it was total bullshit what took place. What does it take a player getting a serious major kind of injury in that game for it to matter? Come on get a grip, wake up either be part of the solution or get the hell out of the way

Tonight you're way off. The pick doesn't happen if a shit call doesn't occur. I thought the offense and our QB played about as well as they could have minus a couple of blips that happen in every game. What I will agree with is the defense was pure shit and special teams were abysmal.

Reactions: DAG10
While it’s true we had some really poor play and play calling most of the game, along with a comatose defense, that one call literally did take away 6 points. With 50 seconds left in the game, that likely directly affects the result. Objectively a bad call from everyone’s perspective.
Terrible call, makes me sick, the ref wasn't in on some elaborate fix though.

Reactions: Arlin964
Tonight you're way off. The pick doesn't happen if a shit call doesn't occur. I thought the offense and our QB played about as well as they could have minus a couple of blips that happen in every game. What I will agree with is the defense was pure shit and special teams were abysmal.
I am really fired up right now for a multitude of reasons. One being that we were on a national stage tonight. Two, I didn’t drink very much, so some dumb ass that was telling me to drink more and needs to actually stick his head in the toilet and keep flushing because he’s an idiot. And three, these guys played really hard, terrible on defense for most of the game but put us in a position to win only to have the officials completely puke all over themselves in the last four minutes. I thought college football was about letting the players play, I guess everything is garbage now, it’s like AAU basketball apparently

Reactions: purduepat1969
Terrible call by the official but your nuts in thinking the line moved because of some conspiracy to screw Purdue. The line clearly moved as it became evident Rondale Moore was going to play and Minnesota was going to be out 20+ players. Happens every week,
You obviously missed the part where it swung 4 points in Minnesota’s favor. Made absolutely no sense to anyone. The theory at the time was that Karlaftis was out, but that wouldn’t have moved the line that much and obviously wasn’t true. No, the only thing that would swing the line that heavily in that direction (in the face of 20 gophers being out and Moore playing) is a crap ton of money coming in for Minnesota.

Reactions: mathboy
You obviously missed the part where it swung 4 points in Minnesota’s favor. Made absolutely no sense to anyone. The theory at the time was that Karlaftis was out, but that wouldn’t have moved the line that much and obviously wasn’t true. No, the only thing that would swing the line that heavily in that direction (in the face of 20 gophers being out and Moore playing) is a crap ton of money coming in for Minnesota.
But nothing will happen because nothing ever happens. Once money has exchanged hands and the shake of the hand has been completed that’s it and everyone goes their separate ways. The losing team who got screwed gets to go home and feel like they lost even though they won. They will have two wins and two losses even though it’s not true and everyone who watch the game knows it. But a week later no one will listen to the complainers. The 3-1 team will be 2-2, Life will go on, the earth will turn on its axis, birds Wiltshire and referees will still be allowed to screw teams over and no one will change anything because that’s just the way it works with the NCAA. Nice job guys, way to screw things up for a group of hard-working young athletes

Reactions: DAG10
But nothing will happen because nothing ever happens. Once money has exchanged hands and the shake of the hand has been completed that’s it and everyone goes their separate ways. The losing team who got screwed gets to go home and feel like they lost even though they won. They will have two wins and two losses even though it’s not true and everyone who watch the game knows it. But a week later no one will listen to the complainers. The 3-1 team will be 2-2, Life will go on, the earth will turn on its axis, birds Wiltshire and referees will still be allowed to screw teams over and no one will change anything because that’s just the way it works with the NCAA. Nice job guys, way to screw things up for a group of hard-working young athletes
I mean it’s possible it wasn’t fixed, but it sure has some tell tails. Not sure we deserved to win, but sure as hell didn’t deserve to lose like that.

Reactions: Riveting and DAG10
The pick doesn't happen if a shit call doesn't occur? You need to think about that for a minute. Plummer played a great game, but made a really poor decision and a really poor throw towards Rondale and he didn't need to. They had more downs and enough time to win if Plummer doesn't make that decision. I really loved seeing Plummer play as well as he did and I do not think the pick at the end of the game was THE play. I go back to the six points not on the board as a result of two missed field goals. Where was the pass rush, where was the pass D?

The pick doesn't happen if a shit call doesn't occur? You need to think about that for a minute. Plummer played a great game, but made a really poor decision and a really poor throw towards Rondale and he didn't need to. They had more downs and enough time to win if Plummer doesn't make that decision. I really loved seeing Plummer play as well as he did and I do not think the pick at the end of the game was THE play. I go back to the six points not on the board as a result of two mixed field goals. Where was the pass rush, where was the pass D?
His logic is sound. The pick never happens if the TD stands. Lots to nit pick and say Purdue didn’t play well enough to win, but neither did Minnesota. Purdue made just one more play in the end but the difference was the PI call that literally took GW points off the board.

sorry. doesn't cut the mustard. our qb made a game winning drive. if we had won the game on such a call you wouldn't be posting.
I don't want to take anything away from Plummer, but he didn't make a game winning drive. What he did was throw a great ball and then throw a really poor one. Boiler up, there is a lot to be excited about. Rondale and Bell looked fantastic. Doerue and Horvath are a good tandem. I don't think Plummer was sacked. The team is getting better. I hate to see things end the way they did, but there was more to this loss than a shitty call.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
His logic is sound. The pick never happens if the TD stands. Lots to nit pick and say Purdue didn’t play well enough to win, but neither did Minnesota. Purdue made just one more play in the end but the difference was the PI call that literally took GW points off the board.
Come on. How many times have you seen a play called back in the end zone only to have the offense keep playing to put the ball in the end zone on subsequent plays. Purdue had the boat rowers on their heels. They had time, they had downs. Just keep playing and don't throw the ball into quadruple coverage.

Come on. How many times have you seen a play called back in the end zone only to have the offense keep playing to put the ball in the end zone on subsequent plays. Purdue had the boat rowers on their heels. They had time, they had downs. Just keep playing and don't throw the ball into quadruple coverage.
Saying they could have overcome being hosed is different than saying they weren’t hosed.

Yep, agree but aren't you equally outraged by the shit D or the two missed field goals that resulted in that call making the difference?

Yep, agree but aren't you equally outraged by the shit D or the two missed field goals that resulted in that call making the difference?
the game gets played.

It doesn't occur in a vacuum.

The performance at the end of the game has zero bearing on what happened earlier.

Trying to take the focus off the egregious events at the end of the game serves no purpose.

The performance at the end of the game has zero bearing on what happened earlier.
I agree with your premise but not this. Everything that happens in a game has a bearing on what happens later. If you miss field goals and give up 4th and 8 it all has a bearing. And when the feces hit the fan our defense stepped up and crushed them on 4th and 1. We drove down and scored a TD because we had to because we screwed up so much before. Everything you’d want a team to do. So proud of them.... but flag.

I agree with your premise but not this. Everything that happens in a game has a bearing on what happens later. If you miss field goals and give up 4th and 8 it all has a bearing. And when the feces hit the fan our defense stepped up and crushed them on 4th and 1. We drove down and scored a TD because we had to because we screwed up so much before. Everything you’d want a team to do. So proud of them.... but flag.
I think we're saying the same thing, but the interpretation is a bit off.

Of course prior plays and errors have a bearing on the end of the game. Events earlier in the game have no bearing on our critique of the performance at the end of the game. Every game that's ever been played is full of errors. Humans play the game (and officiate the game). None of that has any bearing on our evaluation of what happens at the end of the game.

Exactly right, so many games are won at the very end, for a terrible call to change outcome of game is unbelievable. Purdue fans , team and coaches are never gonna forget it, and Minnesota is counting their blessing. This should be a major issue to the Big officials. It won't change the outcome but to let it go would be a really bad thing

I think we're saying the same thing, but the interpretation is a bit off.

Of course prior plays and errors have a bearing on the end of the game. Events earlier in the game have no bearing on our critique of the performance at the end of the game. Every game that's ever been played is full of errors. Humans play the game (and officiate the game). None of that has any bearing on our evaluation of what happens at the end of the game.
I understand your point, but the call at the end of the game, in my opinion, is not what determined the game. My determination happened way earlier and was the result of other, larger factors such as the D's inability to stop the ground game, generate a pass rush, or get off the field on 3rd down for most of the game. The reality is we still had a chance to win the game after that ridiculous call. Yes, it's easier to be outraged by a bad call but anybody who watched the game knows that wasn't the full story.

Fixed game because the ref didn’t ignore the PI? They made/missed worse PI calls throughout the game, including the PI on Nubin and the third down in the first half that was committed against Bateman. This one he clearly extended the arm and gained separation.

Fixed game because the ref didn’t ignore the PI? They made/missed worse PI calls throughout the game, including the PI on Nubin and the third down in the first half that was committed against Bateman. This one he clearly extended the arm and gained separation.
Keep telling yourself that.

Exactly right, so many games are won at the very end, for a terrible call to change outcome of game is unbelievable. Purdue fans , team and coaches are never gonna forget it, and Minnesota is counting their blessing. This should be a major issue to the Big officials. It won't change the outcome but to let it go would be a really bad thing
That last Bell touchdown could have been PI on Bell not to mention a controversial PI on the Minnesota player earlier in the game near the goal line.

I understand your point, but the call at the end of the game, in my opinion, is not what determined the game. My determination happened way earlier and was the result of other, larger factors such as the D's inability to stop the ground game, generate a pass rush, or get off the field on 3rd down for most of the game. The reality is we still had a chance to win the game after that ridiculous call. Yes, it's easier to be outraged by a bad call but anybody who watched the game knows that wasn't the full story.
the obvious difference is that the other actions in the game occurred honestly and as part of the performance of the players. yes there were other opportunities but that doesn't excuse taking 6 points off the board.

Of course it did. It's simply incorrect to argue otherwise. That's what the game came down to. It was a bad call, and it ultimately decided the game. The rest of the team's performance set the stage for that situation, for sure, but it was a horribly blown call that decided the game.

The one on Nubin at least should’ve been a defensive holding. The one at the end took the cake.

Reactions: Purdue85
Of course it did. It's simply incorrect to argue otherwise. That's what the game came down to. It was a bad call, and it ultimately decided the game. The rest of the team's performance set the stage for that situation, for sure, but it was a horribly blown call that decided the game.
I understand your point, just disagree. The earlier missed TD (Rondale) and two field goals made the PI call mean so much. The Boilers needed that TD to win and it didn't have to come to that. If the Boilers execute on any of those opportunities they win despite the PI call and they still had a chance after the call.

I understand your point, just disagree. The earlier missed TD (Rondale) and two field goals made the PI call mean so much. The Boilers needed that TD to win and it didn't have to come to that. If the Boilers execute on any of those opportunities they win despite the PI call and they still had a chance after the call.

You're welcome to disagree.

The game doesn't occur in a vacuum. Had we executed on those plays you've focused on, we have no idea how Minny's game plan would have changed, what the score would have been, and what situation we would have been in. Had we converted those, Minny likely would have played the game differently and we could have been in a better or worse situation. It's impossible to know. This is not a ledger, in which we simply add up debits and credits, and assume everything else stays the same.

The exercise you've chosen to engage in is irrelevant, and meaningless.

Reactions: Inspector100
That call was just bad, no arguing it, but to act like everyone is out to get Purdue or that there is some kind of bad karma associated Purdue football is a loser mentality. Last week they were holding our jerseys and the weather was bad, this week its the call at the end of the game. Last year it was injuries. After the next loss it will be.........,

Minnesota didn't have 22 players available on Friday and they won. We beat Illinois by 7. They had numerous guys out with Covid and they played their 4th string quarterback for God sake.

Purdue isn't going to be playing in the B10 Championship so I'm just going to enjoy each game. Every game has been decided by 7 points or less. I hope it continues that way for the rest of the year. It makes what is otherwise a meaningless season somewhat enjoyable. Are there going to even be bowl games? If not does it really matter if we go 3 and 4 or 4 and 3?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT