ADVERTISEMENT

Smith/Loyer

GemstateBoiler

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2006
Seems like Coach Painter is holding back some, but he seems quite positive concerning our two freshmen guards. I look forward to making my own judgements when the real world of games start, but I'm feeling a bit optimistic that they will end up being blessing counters for us over the next couple years. We'll know more...oh forget that catchall.

Seems like Coach Painter is holding back some, but he seems quite positive concerning our two freshmen guards. I look forward to making my own judgements when the real world of games start, but I'm feeling a bit optimistic that they will end up being blessing counters for us over the next couple years. We'll know more...oh forget that catchall.

I hope I'm right with the direction I think our team is headed. But it's a lot of speculation for now.

It can be hard for freshman to make big and immediate impacts, but we have a glaring need at PG. Hopefully, they are both up for the challenge.

I agree. I do think the level of competition in the summer games helps prepare. And the "Bring it" attitude of both Smith and Loyer excites me. They may struggle in the first two months, but I think their trials by fire will galvanize them for the B1G season.

It can be hard for freshman to make big and immediate impacts, but we have a glaring need at PG. Hopefully, they are both up for the challenge.

I heard in David Jenkins interview, that he played point guard in high school and even though he was more of a shooting guard in college thus far , he feels he will have more freedom to choose to shoot if he wants. I will note that out of all the players coming in who have played a college game, he is 3rd best in 3 pt. shooting too!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT