ADVERTISEMENT

Slow board, so how did you get your handle?

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
I'd like to say mine was picked up when Snake, Fresno Bob, the Brain and I escaped from Cleveland, but in truth I was initially on the OGFP board and "Boiler Tom" ,"Tom Boiler" were already taken. Not wanting to mess with it, I just cut off the Boiler part of Boilermaker and the rest is history.

You escaped Cleveland? So what does that say if I moved there?

I'd like to say mine was picked up when Snake, Fresno Bob, the Brain and I escaped from Cleveland, but in truth I was initially on the OGFP board and "Boiler Tom" ,"Tom Boiler" were already taken. Not wanting to mess with it, I just cut off the Boiler part of Boilermaker and the rest is history.
A Purdue alum from Milwaukee from 1989. I know that I’m a minority among many Badger alums both at work and in the community. They tried converting me in the Haze dayz but it didn’t work.

Last edited:
Been living in Southern IL since 2000. Guess there was already a SIBoiler and SIBoiler1 before I got here.

Reactions: Tommaker
mine is not creative either... my initials. :confused:
11 was/is my lucky number, and also an important/special number for my fraternity at Purdue (AKL)

so... ejs eleven eleven.

Prior to this name I had gone with names for two of my buddies on the football team: ThrowItToRayWilliams & MikeOtto4OutlandTrophy

Back in Hazel's first year, I petitioned Chris Peludat (marketing and promotions) and Morgan about the idea of having a live DJ for pre-game and then in game situations. They bought in and I was told that if I had a screen name on GBI that I needed to get rid of it or at least create a new account that people couldn't trace back to me. That is why I went with JohnnyDoeBoiler.

Last edited:
Bengal fan. The browns ineptitude is supremely amusing though.
So where does the Nat100 come from? Or is that one of those things that you'd have to kill me if you told me? Man, I must have a dozen contracts out on me for those things.

So where does the Nat100 come from? Or is that one of those things that you'd have to kill me if you told me? Man, I must have a dozen contracts out on me for those things.

First name on my fake ID (allegedly) was nathan. 100 was just numbers to meet the rivals login requirement.

Did you see the 2 games last year?

I did. I listen to most of the browns games on the radio as that is when i go for a run on Sundays. 2 games doesnt undo 20 years of ineptitude.

I will say, things are looking up.

From the name of a VHS movie my grandparents had forever

But it’s actually Bullwhip Griffin

51-%2BRQ9akTL._SY445_.jpg

Started off as Captain K (or a close variation thereof) but forgot my login and then just decided to go with something from Anchorman which wasn't already taken.

All together, I've been on this board (pretty religiously) since 1997.

FORTRAN WAS THE GREATEST LANGUAGE EVER ! Too bad I could never use it outside of classwork at Purdue. ADA is a close second of another language I learned but could never use. Even the military dumped it. I learned COBOL two years too late.

Reactions: Panther2014
Born and raised in Augusta. Born in 90. My memory is way too bad for me to try anything creative and have a realistic expectation to be able to sign in. Literally had to check what my handle was before posting haha

Easy to figure out if you have a certain year's Debris for research on page 298.

Yep. I originally intended to major in physics, but got distracted by FORTRAN. I was one course short of a major in physics when I switched over. I took the history courses for fun.
Ahhh, Engineering 109, where the final was put together as a program with each questions answer leading you to the next question in order; if you answered one of the first few questions wrong, you were basically done. I think I set a record on quickest out of a final.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT