ADVERTISEMENT

Sisley Transfer

Beat me to it!!

I hate seeing super talented Indiana kids opt for prep school instead of staying in state.

Wonder if this changes his list of schools or if he is still set?
There can only be two reasons:
1. to get better by playing with and against the best so he will be ready to help Purdue
2. To showcase his talent to other teams to get a better deal

Can't remember when we landed a highly-rated guy from one of these places unless they were committed to us before going. Edey wasn't highly rated and I think the guys like Ivey and Heide were committed before going to the basketball factories. Trying to remember others who went that route and their commitments. Davis? Hammons?

Can't remember when we landed a highly-rated guy from one of these places unless they were committed to us before going. Edey wasn't highly rated and I think the guys like Ivey and Heide were committed before going to the basketball factories. Trying to remember others who went that route and their commitments. Davis? Hammons?

IIRC, Ray Davis committed early, and AJ Hammons committed late.

Hmm that’s a good question.

DGL committed to Purdue then went to MontVerde and decommitted

Hmm that’s a good question.

DGL committed to Purdue then went to MontVerde and decommitted
Was that because solely he went to Montverde or….other things
Suspicious Futurama GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Yup saw that. Maybe he joins KC at byu? More likely a mid major that he can play a lot of mins.
Someone tossed out Oklahoma under Porter Moser. From things I’ve seen Illini folks talking - this was in the works for a couple weeks and he most likely had a couple places in mind.

Someone tossed out Oklahoma under Porter Moser. From things I’ve seen Illini folks talking - this was in the works for a couple weeks and he most likely had a couple places in mind.
I know I heard that Tommy Lloyd and him got a long real well for the U18 team…thought maybe he’d look at zona but they’ve got a logjam at guards and he wouldn’t seem meaningful mins. But who knows 🤷‍♂️

Thought Painter might have an edge, but If he returns to the State of Indiana after Montverde, Painter is not the coach that is hooked in.
Oh? Sleepy Mike needs to make sure his team can actually show recruits they’ll win something meaningful…Sisley doesn’t strike me as someone who will just take a ton of money regardless of how bad the team is or how much playing time he will get.

I could see ND…Shrews is building something there and he could be a huge piece to help him.

Oh? Sleepy Mike needs to make sure his team can actually show recruits they’ll win something meaningful…Sisley doesn’t strike me as someone who will just take a ton of money regardless of how bad the team is or how much playing time he will get.

I could see ND…Shrews is building something there and he could be a huge piece to help him.
Sisley is going to prep school to develop his game and Montverde is absolutely as good as it gets to do that. Sisley will make up his own mind, but the intro to Boyle likely came from Woody; Boyle and Woody are pretty tight. Not judging whether it's right, wrong, good, or bad; but I think the Woodson/Boyle relationship is fairly well-established.

If Sisley had gone to IMG, LaLu, or any number of other national prep schools that wouldn't be the case. For instance, I think that Haralson being at LaLu is a net negative for Indiana and a positive for Purdue.

Sisley is going to prep school to develop his game and Montverde is absolutely as good as it gets to do that. Sisley will make up his own mind, but the intro to Boyle likely came from Woody; Boyle and Woody are pretty tight. Not judging whether it's right, wrong, good, or bad; but I think the Woodson/Boyle relationship is fairly well-established.

If Sisley had gone to IMG, LaLu, or any number of other national prep schools that wouldn't be the case. For instance, I think that Haralson being at LaLu is a net negative for Indiana and a positive for Purdue.
How many Montverde players have gone to IU?

How many Montverde players have gone to IU?
Hood-Schifino. But IU has been in the final few for a bunch when they had no connection other than Boyle and Woodson. Almost pulled Queen from Maryland. Got official visits from Givens, Newell, Evans, pulled McNeeley (for a while lol),

When DGL switched to Montverde the writing was on the wall that Purdue would no longer be his choice. Not sure why, but Painter and Montverde aren't a connection, just like Woodson and LaLu have not been good. Could either of those situations change? Sure, but that's the history.

Last edited:
Hood-Schifino. But IU has been in the final few for a bunch when they had no connection other than Boyle and Woodson. Almost pulled Queen from Maryland. Got visits from Givens, Newell, Evans, pulled McNeeley (for a while lol),

When DGL switched to Montverde the writing was on the wall that Purdue would not longer be his choice. Not sure why, but Painter and Montverde aren't a connection, just like Woodson and LaLu have never been good. Could either of those situations change? Sure, but that's the history.
Reneau played there too but IU wasn’t his first choice. And let’s count Liam. So, we have 1 who didn’t originally choose IU (similar to Mgbako when he left Duke since he knew he wouldn’t get PT), Liam who for some reason wanted to go there when they don’t shoot very many 3s and his game would have been wasted and JHS…who was perfect for the mid range since that’s what he was mainly good at and not looking good so far for his nba career shooting wise.

And recruits visiting doesn’t mean much. They get 5 visits a year, so why not get wined and dined?

I’m not sure that it’s the “connection” that is getting IU looks, more so the $$$$ that IU puts on the table. So, until Woody strings together 3+ years of actually signing players from MV, I can’t say that I believe there’s a “connection”.

In regards to LaLu, weren’t those players that went there already committed to Purdue prior to transferring there?

Reneau played there too but IU wasn’t his first choice. And let’s count Liam. So, we have 1 who didn’t originally choose IU (similar to Mgbako when he left Duke since he knew he wouldn’t get PT), Liam who for some reason wanted to go there when they don’t shoot very many 3s and his game would have been wasted and JHS…who was perfect for the mid range since that’s what he was mainly good at and not looking good so far for his nba career shooting wise.

And recruits visiting doesn’t mean much. They get 5 visits a year, so why not get wined and dined?

I’m not sure that it’s the “connection” that is getting IU looks, more so the $$$$ that IU puts on the table. So, until Woody strings together 3+ years of actually signing players from MV, I can’t say that I believe there’s a “connection”.

In regards to LaLu, weren’t those players that went there already committed to Purdue prior to transferring there?
Geez... I forgot Reneau! :)

Here's what I'm saying; recruits and their families/advisors ultimately make the call in almost every instance. However, recruits and their families look for input based on who they currently trust. In most instances, the decision makers look to the player's current coaches and trainers. When looking for a national prep school for development? The place they land is often prompted by the school they're leaning to. So when DGL switched to Montverde and then six months later wasn't a Purdue commit anymore? It wasn't an absolute but it was forseeable.

So yes, it matters when a Purdue recruit transfers to LaLu and then stays with Purdue. It's a clear sign that Painter was involved in their prep school choice. It matters when, out of all the P5 conference teams with lots of money and national exposure, IU is one of the schools that consistently gets a look from Montverde kids. Therefore, Sisley and Gabe Weiss are more likely to be IU leans than expected based on their Montverde transfers this week.

Here's what I'm saying; recruits and their families/advisors ultimately make the call in almost every instance. However, recruits and their families look for input based on who they currently trust. In most instances, the decision makers look to the player's current coaches and trainers. When looking for a national prep school for development? The place they land is often prompted by the school they're leaning to. So when DGL switched to Montverde and then six months later wasn't a Purdue commit anymore? It wasn't an absolute but it was forseeable.

So yes, it matters when a Purdue recruit transfers to LaLu and then stays with Purdue. It's a clear sign that Painter was involved in their prep school choice. It matters when, out of all the P5 conference teams with lots of money and national exposure, IU is one of the schools that consistently gets a look from Montverde kids. Therefore, Sisley and Gabe Weiss are more likely to be IU leans than expected based on their Montverde transfers this week.
Sure…but I think Sisley is going more so for developmental reasons and not leaning for IU. Technically, he should be IU since he’s in their backyard, but he wants to go somewhere that wins and where he can play a solid role. Not sure IU is that. But who knows…if he goes to IU, just be ready to get recruited over.

Reactions: z_one
Sure…but I think Sisley is going more so for developmental reasons and not leaning for IU. Technically, he should be IU since he’s in their backyard, but he wants to go somewhere that wins and where he can play a solid role. Not sure IU is that. But who knows…if he goes to IU, just be ready to get recruited over.
Fair enough -- agree to disagree. But Sisley could have gone for development at Montverde, LaLu, IMG, or anywhere else. He chose Montverde.

In summary? I think Purdue fans are underestimating their chances with Haralson and overestimating the chances with Sisley.

I know I heard that Tommy Lloyd and him got a long real well for the U18 team…thought maybe he’d look at zona but they’ve got a logjam at guards and he wouldn’t seem meaningful mins. But who knows 🤷‍♂️
He and his family were unhappy with his usage in the Fiba U 18 trip under Tommy Lloyd. I’m not sure they got along.

Fair enough -- agree to disagree. But Sisley could have gone for development at Montverde, LaLu, IMG, or anywhere else. He chose Montverde.

In summary? I think Purdue fans are underestimating their chances with Haralson and overestimating the chances with Sisley.
Haralson would make sense with the relationship we have had with him. But I don’t think he’s going to be playing ball in Indiana after HS. I hope it’s at Purdue but doubt it.

Won't your fellow loosiers talk to you on the clownpants forum, JM?

That's incredibly sad.

Reactions: z_one
You mean recruited over like Ethan Morton, Brandon Newman, Caleb Furst, Isaiah Thompson, etc. Coaches flat out lose their jobs if they are not actively looking for better players. "My job as a coach is to find someone better than you, Your job as a player is to make sure i cant".

You mean recruited over like Ethan Morton, Brandon Newman, Caleb Furst, Isaiah Thompson, etc. Coaches flat out lose their jobs if they are not actively looking for better players. "My job as a coach is to find someone better than you, Your job as a player is to make sure i cant".
are you saying:

Braden Smith was recruited to play over a senior in IT, or did he just win the job during workouts?

Morton played 3 years and started all last year. Not sure who was recruited over him, as it seems he lost his job to a RS Frosh over the summer.

Furst lost mins to the NPOTYx2 and also to Gillis, a RS Senior who both were here before Furst.

Who was recruited over Newman? He stayed for 4 years and played 3. He seemed to never figure it out as much as we hoped he would.

Reactions: Riveting-
are you saying:

Braden Smith was recruited to play over a senior in IT, or did he just win the job during workouts?

Morton played 3 years and started all last year. Not sure who was recruited over him, as it seems he lost his job to a RS Frosh over the summer.

Furst lost mins to the NPOTYx2 and also to Gillis, a RS Senior who both were here before Furst.

Who was recruited over Newman? He stayed for 4 years and played 3. He seemed to never figure it out as much as we hoped he would.
Nice details that dismantle the absurd statement of mds3.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
are you saying:

Who is being recruited over at IU? I only listed 4 examples, and it happens everywhere. It is an interesting conversation to have. Just because they stayed, their minutes were still cut, their roles changed.

If anything Woodson has had the opposite problem.

Not “recruiting over” Xavier Johnson and CJ Gunn royally screwed IU last year.
The nutcracker was needed for his leadership and mentoring of young players like Gunn.

I assume he is coming back as a grad asst to continue more of the same (his playing eligibility is over, right, or have they found another year?).

Maybe he's looking to refine his skill set, maybe he's looking for a commitment from a program not named Purdue or IU. I hate to say that about Purdue but it's very plausible.

Kid had a rough spring as far as rankings go dropped to 98th and barely a 4 star. Here is why Sisley traded winning for stats he has been a great decoy it's not surprising to me that his teammates Braylon Mullins and Brady Koeller have vaulted up #30 and #97 still only one basketball. These ranking services go off of stats may watch at most 1% of the players IMO. If you want to increase your exposure the easy answer is go to a prep school. This is a good call let's see what you have got! Same league as Daniel's little brother.

I can’t understand why his drop in ratings would mean anything to him. It’s not like any of his top 5 choices are going to pull their offers to him just because of his rankings drop.

I can see him going to an academy to develop his skills to play a different position. I personally don’t see him as a 4. I see him as a 3. I see the 3 as his future. Unfortunately, if he wants to play the three, I don’t see him coming to Purdue as Painter loves playing guards at the three. And it appears TKR will remain at the 4 and will not be leaving early.

I guess a lot depends on if Sisley wants to play for a winning team and is willing to take a back seat his freshman year. Or if he wants to go to a school where he will play immediately and wants to play the 3 and not the 4.

I can’t understand why his drop in ratings would mean anything to him. It’s not like any of his top 5 choices are going to pull their offers to him just because of his rankings drop.

I can see him going to an academy to develop his skills to play a different position. I personally don’t see him as a 4. I see him as a 3. I see the 3 as his future. Unfortunately, if he wants to play the three, I don’t see him coming to Purdue as Painter loves playing guards at the three. And it appears TKR will remain at the 4 and will not be leaving early.

I guess a lot depends on if Sisley wants to play for a winning team and is willing to take a back seat his freshman year. Or if he wants to go to a school where he will play immediately and wants to play the 3 and not the 4.
What makes you think Sisley is a 3 and not a 4?

Also, Heide is going to play the 3, probably will be the starter…he is a forward. Of course this may change if painter switches up lineups (small ball or a big lineup etc).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT