ADVERTISEMENT

Sisley Transfer

I can’t understand why his drop in ratings would mean anything to him. It’s not like any of his top 5 choices are going to pull their offers to him just because of his rankings drop.

I can see him going to an academy to develop his skills to play a different position. I personally don’t see him as a 4. I see him as a 3. I see the 3 as his future. Unfortunately, if he wants to play the three, I don’t see him coming to Purdue as Painter loves playing guards at the three. And it appears TKR will remain at the 4 and will not be leaving early.

I guess a lot depends on if Sisley wants to play for a winning team and is willing to take a back seat his freshman year. Or if he wants to go to a school where he will play immediately and wants to play the 3 and not the 4.
It's kind of like draft positions the NIL grades players and usually on their rankings. The higher the ranking the higher pay scale. The same can be said for game creators. It's confusing as all get out and is only getting started. It is all about the Benjamins and exposure. This kid is a top recruit but not to the extent some fans think. I would call him a Robbie Hummel type of player. Let's say Kentucky is offering a top 10 player 500k what would they offer the 98th player? When he was ranked 37th it would have been closer to the top 10. Then throw in agents. One thing is for sure if you're not a top 40 recruit you had better find a high-profile player developing coach.

It's kind of like draft positions the NIL grades players and usually on their rankings. The higher the ranking the higher pay scale. The same can be said for game creators. It's confusing as all get out and is only getting started. It is all about the Benjamins and exposure. This kid is a top recruit but not to the extent some fans think. I would call him a Robbie Hummel type of player. Let's say Kentucky is offering a top 10 player 500k what would they offer the 98th player? When he was ranked 37th it would have been closer to the top 10. Then throw in agents. One thing is for sure if you're not a top 40 recruit you had better find a high-profile player developing coach.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Reactions: Do Dah Day
For your insight, how would you rank the guys we have offered dor 2025? Or at least the top 3-5?

I can’t understand why his drop in ratings would mean anything to him. It’s not like any of his top 5 choices are going to pull their offers to him just because of his rankings drop.

One take is it's an NIL world. Frame it that way and you can gain understanding.

But another take, perhaps more accurate, is he wants to improve, and around the best competition is the way he feels he can do that.

With one scholie I think Purdue lands a great player who helps the team. Maybe that's Sisley, maybe someone else. Let's wait and see

It's not like Sisley will probably be the top rated player on the roster of any of his potential choices when he steps on campus. He might prove to be the best but I don't think he is looking for an unchallenged path to starting or playing time.

For your insight, how would you rank the guys we have offered dor 2025? Or at least the top 3-5?
Harrelson, Mullins or Khamenei whichever commits. Looks like Mullins is drawing the most of Painter's time. All are 6'6 guards who can play 1-4, I like Sisley and Nikola Bundalo I just don't see playing time with the current roster for them. IMO

Harrelson, Mullins or Khamenei whichever commits. Looks like Mullins is drawing the most of Painter's time. All are 6'6 guards who can play 1-4, I like Sisley and Nikola Bundalo I just don't see playing time with the current roster for them. IMO
Sisley was all Purdue until IU camp, and things changed dramatically. Mullins and him want to play together. I like IU chances with them both! When Painter started offering other players at Trent's position, he knew something changed with that recruitment.

Sisley seems a lot like Catchings. He seems like an awesome player. But he just doesn’t seem to really have a position where he could play significant time until Tkr leaves. I can’t see painter playing him at the three. Like Catchings, I just don’t see him wanting to play the 4. My opinion is based on watching his highlight videos. Like Catchings, he just doesn’t look big enough or strong enough to play the 4. My opinion is also based on these players wanting to play in the pros. If the player wants to play in the pros more than he wants an education, wouldn’t that player want to play the position in college that he would play in the pros? If I were 6’8 and had no real intention of getting a college degree, wouldn’t it be in my best interest to play a position for 1-2 years that I would play in the pros?

That being said, I don’t see either Loyer or Brandon leaving early. And in saying that, I don’t see the other players getting an opportunity to play either.

Do they want to play for an awesome team? And wait 1-2 years before challenging for a starting role? Or are they looking for a team that they could start as a freshman? I really don’t know what their mindsets are. Are these players expecting to only play 1-2 years in college? Or do they have a mindset of playing all 4 years in college? Jacobson’s dad seems to want him in the nba as soon as possible. I would not be shocked if Jacobson were the first player in his class to leave for the pros or to leave to join a team to showcase his talents

Reactions: oldboiler52
Sisley seems a lot like Catchings. He seems like an awesome player. But he just doesn’t seem to really have a position where he could play significant time until Tkr leaves. I can’t see painter playing him at the three. Like Catchings, I just don’t see him wanting to play the 4. My opinion is based on watching his highlight videos. Like Catchings, he just doesn’t look big enough or strong enough to play the 4. My opinion is also based on these players wanting to play in the pros. If the player wants to play in the pros more than he wants an education, wouldn’t that player want to play the position in college that he would play in the pros? If I were 6’8 and had no real intention of getting a college degree, wouldn’t it be in my best interest to play a position for 1-2 years that I would play in the pros?

That being said, I don’t see either Loyer or Brandon leaving early. And in saying that, I don’t see the other players getting an opportunity to play either.

Do they want to play for an awesome team? And wait 1-2 years before challenging for a starting role? Or are they looking for a team that they could start as a freshman? I really don’t know what their mindsets are. Are these players expecting to only play 1-2 years in college? Or do they have a mindset of playing all 4 years in college? Jacobson’s dad seems to want him in the nba as soon as possible. I would not be shocked if Jacobson were the first player in his class to leave for the pros or to leave to join a team to showcase his talents
You do know Braden**** and Loyer play different positions than Sisley? And yes, they’ll be 4 year players that will graduate after next year.

How do you know Sisley doesn’t want an education? I would think he will be at whatever school for at least 3 years if not all 4. Not sure the NBA is realistic for him after 2…or even 4.

We all agree that Jacobsen is a candidate to leave early for the NBA. But why would he leave Purdue, who has been known to develop bigs better than anyone in the country (a HUGE reason his dad said why DJ committed to Purdue) and they just had a Center (the position DJ plays) win back to back NPOTY awards (along with 10000x other awards), as well as go 9 overall in the draft. So why would he leave to showcase his talents elsewhere?

You do know Braden**** and Loyer play different positions than Sisley? And yes, they’ll be 4 year players that will graduate after next year.

How do you know Sisley doesn’t want an education? I would think he will be at whatever school for at least 3 years if not all 4. Not sure the NBA is realistic for him after 2…or even 4.

We all agree that Jacobsen is a candidate to leave early for the NBA. But why would he leave Purdue, who has been known to develop bigs better than anyone in the country (a HUGE reason his dad said why DJ committed to Purdue) and they just had a Center (the position DJ plays) win back to back NPOTY awards (along with 10000x other awards), as well as go 9 overall in the draft. So why would he leave to showcase his talents elsewhere?
If Berg, who practiced against the NPOTY for two years, gets major minutes, things could change. Likewise with, say, Burgess.

are you saying:

Braden Smith was recruited to play over a senior in IT, or did he just win the job during workouts?

Morton played 3 years and started all last year. Not sure who was recruited over him, as it seems he lost his job to a RS Frosh over the summer.

Furst lost mins to the NPOTYx2 and also to Gillis, a RS Senior who both were here before Furst.

Who was recruited over Newman? He stayed for 4 years and played 3. He seemed to never figure it out as much as we hoped he would.
I agree there is no recruiting over. You have 13 scholarships and you try to use them all up. Your going to have 1-2 guys recruited at your position by the time you are a senior.

Newman wasn’t recruited over. He was a starter as a redshirt freshman and lost his spot by a player from the class behind him who was rated lower than him at the time of his commitment (Ivey). He had a huge opportunity but Ivey developed into too good of a player.

IT did not leave over being nervous about a true freshman who had very few other offers

Paint adored morton. He just never seems to improve.

Same with Furst he was our top recruit st center, Edey just developed into a better player.

you are all over the place, not sure he’s breaded and loyer have to do with this or even TKR if Sisley wants to play the 3.

I do think Sisley wants to play more of a guard role. He said that is something he is working on and wants to be more of a “3-guard or 4-guard” which to me screams Hummel/Edwards/Eifert at 6-7. He wants minutes but is not obsessed with starting like you. If there’s a spot on purdues team that would be appetizing to someone who wants minutes it’s the 4, and if there is a team that is good at developing a 4-guard it’s Purdue. I’m thinking he can pick up a bunch of catchings lost opportunity. He wants to make a decision in the fall so he’s not going to wait around to see who’s coming back. TKR could play some 4 but I would expect Heide would be his main guy to compete for minutes. One thing he did say in the interview is he would like to play as a freshman… if he earns it. Reading the tea leaves I like our chances.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Sisley....... Reading the tea leaves I like our chances.

I am not confident on our chances to land Sisley at all. Normally when Purdue offers other guys @ the same position with limited scholies available -- that signifies the probability of the recruit coming went way down.... Most of the time, these new offers signify the death blow to the former recruitment.

But I am 100% confident CMP will land a great player for Purdue though. History shows that.

If Berg, who practiced against the NPOTY for two years, gets major minutes, things could change. Likewise with, say, Burgess.
Well, for 80 mins:

TKR (25)
DJ (17)
Berg (15)
Furst (18)
Burgess(5) —if he doesn’t RS

Or maybe mix in Heide at the 4 for a few mins and I’d say that he’d take the 5 from Burgess or from anyone not named TKR.

the mins between players not named TKR prob will fluctuate.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Well, for 80 mins:

TKR (25)
DJ (17)
Berg (15)
Furst (18)
Burgess(5) —if he doesn’t RS

Or maybe mix in Heide at the 4 for a few mins and I’d say that he’d take the 5 from Burgess or from anyone not named TKR.

the mins between players not named TKR prob will fluctuate.

Could be right on with Furst @ start of year. At years end, we will see if that holds? Beyond TKR, opportunity is there for the other 4. I like CMP's options.....and with Edey gone he will need them.

Have re-watched several games this summer. Edey obviously stuck out as a big hole scoring, rebounding and when things went south an answer. Every time I watch I get more impressed with how dominant he was. A huge challenge for CMP to use his new tool chest, not to replace Edey, but to bring all 5 positions into a different kind of competitive team

Last edited:
I am not confident on our chances to land Sisley at all. Normally when Purdue offers other guys @ the same position with limited scholies available -- that signifies the probability of the recruit coming went way down.... Most of the time, these new offers signify the death blow to the former recruitment.

But I am 100% confident CMP will land a great player for Purdue though. History shows that.
Optics aren’t great with similar offers but if Sisley is serious about changing his game to more of a guard, maybe that’s the pivot where paint is going after more post players.

Could be right on with Furst @ start of year. At years end, we will see if that holds? Beyond TKR, opportunity is there for the other 4. I like CMP's options.....and with Edey gone he will need them.

Have re-watched several games this summer. Edey obviously stuck out as a big hole scoring, rebounding and when things went south an answer. Every time I watch I get more impressed with how dominant he was. A huge challenge for CMP to use his new tool chest, not to replace Edey, but to bring all 5 positions into a different kind of competitive team
dominant is an understatement! Check this stat out:

Reactions: Boiler Buck

When he committed to Purdue, I suspect Jacobsen did not think he may leave early for the NBA. Maybe that's changed now, but when he practices against Berg, he may realize that being an NBA prospect doesn't necessarily mean you will be a starter at Purdue.

Khamenia is at least 6'8, I like Mullins too just don't think we get him, hope I'm wrong

I brought up the names of Smith and Loyer when I was referring to the other incoming recruits, Harris and Bender cox and the returning Colvin. They will either be at the three of they will be backups until Smith and Loyer graduate. My statement was that in addition to Sisley I don’t expect any other players will arrive and become instant starters at the other positions either.

My thoughts were also on Mullins and Harralson. They both may be awesome players. But I can’t see either player starting until Smith and Loyer leave.

I then pose the question. Do they want to play on a great team and come off the bench for their first two years? Or do they want to start immediately? If they want to start immediately, they won’t come to Purdue.

As for academics, very few basketball players leave a high school to attend a basketball oriented academy if their main thoughts are improving their academics! And when a player comes out publicly and says his goal is to play in the NBA, that sure doesn’t sound like the player is interested in staying 4 years and getting a degree. Especially if the player talks about staying for 2 years before turning pro.

I like Sisley. But he just doesn’t seem like a great fit for Purdue.

One has to ask, why do players leave high schools to go to glorified basketball prep schools? I guess he wants the NIL money. It concerns me that today’s players are more interested in NIL money than going to a school to get an education/degree. If money is what a player really wants, they should just go to some developmental league and not worry about taking accounting. Chemistry and calculus.

But basically, they see colleges making money and they want a piece of it. Colleges should have never started giving athletes scholarships. The more they received, the more they want.

• Haha
Reactions: Heads up BOILER
When he committed to Purdue, I suspect Jacobsen did not think he may leave early for the NBA. Maybe that's changed now, but when he practices against Berg, he may realize that being an NBA prospect doesn't necessarily mean you will be a starter at Purdue.
I read what his father said! His father said he reclassified a year early so he could get to the NBA a year earlier. To me that sounds like a parent whose only concern is for his kid to become a pro rather than getting an education!

I really don’t see Berg as being a player that will block Jacobson’s path to the pros.

I read what his father said! His father said he reclassified a year early so he could get to the NBA a year earlier. To me that sounds like a parent whose only concern is for his kid to become a pro rather than getting an education!

I really don’t see Berg as being a player that will block Jacobson’s path to the pros.
“Reclassifying” meant that he would be 18 in his current class instead of 19.

I brought up the names of Smith and Loyer when I was referring to the other incoming recruits, Harris and Bender cox and the returning Colvin. They will either be at the three of they will be backups until Smith and Loyer graduate. My statement was that in addition to Sisley I don’t expect any other players will arrive and become instant starters at the other positions either.

My thoughts were also on Mullins and Harralson. They both may be awesome players. But I can’t see either player starting until Smith and Loyer leave.

I then pose the question. Do they want to play on a great team and come off the bench for their first two years? Or do they want to start immediately? If they want to start immediately, they won’t come to Purdue.

As for academics, very few basketball players leave a high school to attend a basketball oriented academy if their main thoughts are improving their academics! And when a player comes out publicly and says his goal is to play in the NBA, that sure doesn’t sound like the player is interested in staying 4 years and getting a degree. Especially if the player talks about staying for 2 years before turning pro.

One has to ask, why do players leave high schools to go to glorified basketball prep schools? I guess he wants the NIL money. It concerns me that today’s players are more interested in NIL money than going to a school to get an education/degree. If money is what a player really wants, they should just go to some developmental league and not worry about taking accounting. Chemistry and calculus.

But basically, they see colleges making money and they want a piece of it. Colleges should have never started giving athletes scholarships. The more they received, the more they want.
Why is Sisley not a fit? You haven’t given any reasons why except Purdue plays 3 guards (this has been told to you 100x this is not true) and Sisley wants to be a 3 (why you say that I still don’t know).

But then you say Haralson and Mullins won’t come here because they don’t want to start behind Loyer and smith…why wouldn’t they start at the 3? I thought you said Purdue starts 3 guards? Which again, is confusing because Camden Heide who is number 23 on the current roster at Purdue and is a RS sophomore from Minnesota, had that insane put back dunk vs UConn in the national championship, plays the 3 and is a forward, not a guard.

You referred to Smith as Brandon (not the first time)… now you refer to Benter as Bender (not the first time) again… you’ve spelled EDEY’s first name as Zack previously too. It really doesn’t build confidence in you knowing what you’re talking about in regards to the team… rambling on and on and on and repeating narratives that people have pointed out are not really accurate representations of players and the team…SMDH…but thanks for sharing 🙄😬🫣🫢🤫😏😒

Reactions: pboiler18

He can ALWAYS go back and get his education after his pro career is done like so many pro athletes have done.

Can you name multiple kids that have a shot to go pro in any sport that would rather stay 4 years in college to get an education first?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT