ADVERTISEMENT

Since we have all the MSU fans here

A. I didnt use Romeo to answer why we would be better.

B. Fitzner and Cline both average 3 attempts per game from 3. Does Cline not count as a good shooter either?

C. As I stated McBobs was scared to shoot the ball the first half of last season. He will attempt at least 3 per game this year.

D. We will know more in a couple of weeks. I like where IU stands at this point. Have a good weekend.
Fitz averages 1.8 per game. Are you rounding up again?

Fitz averages 1.8 per game. Are you rounding up again?
Career average. It's not difficult to understand. Through 3 years Fitzner has hit more threes than Cline. Either they both count, or neither count. It's time for me to poor a drink, so have a good weekend.

Career average. It's not difficult to understand. Through 3 years Fitzner has hit more threes than Cline. Either they both count, or neither count. It's time for me to poor a drink, so have a good weekend.
So, let me see here, for Morgan, we use only the last conference stat, for Fitzner, we round up and use career.
Yeah, have a good weekend. Seems you are pretty good at fantasizing, so I bet it will be awesome.

So, let me see here, for Morgan, we use only the last conference stat, for Fitzner, we round up and use career.
Yeah, have a good weekend. Seems you are pretty good at fantasizing, so I bet it will be awesome.
Lol whatever you say dude. You are in for a rude awakening if you think Purdue is going to be a good 3pt shooting team this year.

How about all the great Purdue players in the nba? Your school is such a joke. Other than drew brees you got no stars. No wonder you people are so angry. Must be disappointing to have no good teams. Can’t wait to steal the next recruit from painter.
This is an example of what a douchey fan looks like. I understand that all schools have fans like this and many posts on this thread probably angered him is why he's trying so hard to get under everyones skin. It's a shame he's so bad at trolling because after winning a great recruit over our school would be a perfect time to rub stuff in.

Sure he doesn't know about how well Purdue is doing in a lot of sports and I'm sure he is overlooking a lot of great talent that is playing professionally from Purdue but you can't fault him. He's got an agenda that he's trying his best to keep up with. Rather than get upset and go to his level, cheer him on and see if he can keep up his emotional posts. He clearly has a lot of anger he needs to get out of his system.

So if or when he responds to this post with a poor insult and misplaced anger just pat him on the back and let him have his time. He needs this message board victory in life much more than most if not all of us I'm sure. Let him have it :)

Lol whatever you say dude. You are in for a rude awakening if you think Purdue is going to be a good 3pt shooting team this year.
Do you think IU will? Man, I remember people saying the same with Blackmon and Johnson in the back court. Didn't workout that way.

This is an example of what a douchey fan looks like. I understand that all schools have fans like this and many posts on this thread probably angered him is why he's trying so hard to get under everyones skin. It's a shame he's so bad at trolling because after winning a great recruit over our school would be a perfect time to rub stuff in.

Sure he doesn't know about how well Purdue is doing in a lot of sports and I'm sure he is overlooking a lot of great talent that is playing professionally from Purdue but you can't fault him. He's got an agenda that he's trying his best to keep up with. Rather than get upset and go to his level, cheer him on and see if he can keep up his emotional posts. He clearly has a lot of anger he needs to get out of his system.

So if or when he responds to this post with a poor insult and misplaced anger just pat him on the back and let him have his time. He needs this message board victory in life much more than most if not all of us I'm sure. Let him have it :)
Plus, if we are talking football. We are without a doubt the "Cradle of the Quarterbacks".

Do you think IU will? Man, I remember people saying the same with Blackmon and Johnson in the back court. Didn't workout that way.
A team with Blackmon and Johnson in the backcourt won a Big Ten Championship and got to the S16. I know from coming to this site that getting to the S16 is a sign of a really good team...

A team with Blackmon and Johnson in the backcourt won a Big Ten Championship and got to the S16. I know from coming to this site that getting to the S16 is a sign of a really good team...
You're over here remember. How sad is that? Btw that team didn't get to a S16 with those guys running the show. Yogi, Williams and Bryant were your studs.

Don't you have an IU board to join? 16-15 plus 10th in B1G last year. Sounds like that shoe fit your IU feet rather than Purdue's.

Once again. I never said that. But, you have said that about IU, so who has the rude awakening coming?

Thanks for playing.

You're over here remember. How sad is that? Btw that team didn't get to a S16 with those guys running the show. Yogi, Williams and Bryant were your studs.
Exactly. We had a 5* and a top 50 guy that weren't our studs. That's what good recruiting gets you. Too bad crean was the coach.

Don't you have an IU board to join? 16-15 plus 10th in B1G last year. Sounds like that shoe fit your IU feet rather than Purdue's.
We were 6th in the big ten last year actually in year #1 of our coach. I dont expect to be out of the top 5 for a very long time. I'm a member of both IU premium boards btw.

Once again. I never said that. But, you have said that about IU, so who has the rude awakening coming?

Thanks for playing.
I never said IU would be a good shooting team. I expected better reading comprehension from an engineering major... or were you OLS? We can be an average shooting team and still be the better shooting team this year.

Exactly. We had a 5* and a top 50 guy that weren't our studs. That's what good recruiting gets you. Too bad crean was the coach.
What? No, 2 5* were your studs and a high 4 *. Listen, you don't really think to come on a rival board and expect praise when there is no proof. Until Archie can get IU winning in a fashion that hasn't been in a very long time. Then I would say chill on your own site.

What? No, 2 5* were your studs and a high 4 *. Listen, you don't really think to come on a rival board and expect praise when there is no proof. Until Archie can get IU winning in a fashion that hasn't been in a very long time. Then I would say chill on your own site.
You said Blackmon and Johnson weren't our studs... they were 5* and top 50. That's the point. That's how a team should be recruiting. Elite talent that aren't even your best players.

One of the Purdue guys decided to bring an argument that was meant for the national board hear in this thread. So I'll continue to argue it. Are we using McNutt's logic or real logic?

Real Logic:

Fitzner
Andersen
McBob
Morgan
Phinisee
Romeo
Green
Hunter

You aren’t trying to say IU will be a good shooting team in this post?

If not, what are you trying to say about logic?

You aren’t trying to say IU will be a good shooting team in this post?

If not, what are you trying to say about logic?
That IU will be a better 3pt shooting team than Purdue. I dont know how many times I have to say those exact words to get you to understand what I'm saying. Maybe I was wrong and you are one of those rare Purdue fans that didnt attend the University

Since Brees, who else? Is it orton? I wouldn’t call that a cradle. Maybe a ladle?
Go Harmonius, go! You are doing great as a troll. You are learning fast. All you need is a little information and some IQ to apply it. You should be proud of what you’ve accomplished here, regardless of how miniscule it is. Go big guy, go!

Reactions: BBG
Langford I can understand if he doesn’t do well this year.

But tum tum lol. Dude was a 5ft 9 guy from the slums of the Bahamas. Izzo developed the hell out of him on and off the court. He’s making good money on the Phoenix suns coaching staff this season and will probably be a HC somewhere one day.
lol

Purdue shot 14/30 from 3 for 47%.

Indiana shot 7/21 from 3 for 33%.

By the way: Romeo Langford, who you swore up and down would be a 40% 3 point shooter, went 0 for 3 from 3 and 5 of 11 from the free throw line.

Looks like you were wrong on all accounts.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt

By the way: Romeo Langford, who you swore up and down would be a 40% 3 point shooter, went 0 for 3 from 3 and 5 of 11 from the free throw line.

Real stats vs hyperbole, you can never go wrong with that.

Good job.

Reactions: Mgkcbb

A. It's 1 game. Purdue shot 23% from 3 on Thursday. Including 0 for 23 for players not named Ryan Cline.

B. I never said Romeo would be a 40% shooter. I have consistently said he would shoot 36-37%.

C. I dont think you want to get started on who was wrong about what.

Wole, you are correct that one game does not a season make, nor does one swallow a spring. However, Chicago State is an awful program, most probably the most consistently bad in the entire D-1 NCAA.

RL is not going to be a 0% 3-pt shooter. However, the defenses that he will encounter are almost certainly going to be better than what he faced in Chi State. 36-37% is higher than his HS average, he will be dealing with better athletes guarding him and he is likely to be a focal point of defenses against his team. Plus, he is shooting from farther out.

The probability that his percentage goes up vs going down substantially favors the down.

We will see over the season, but I do not see him at the 36-37% range. My prediction is about 5% lower.

Wole, you are correct that one game does not a season make, nor does one swallow a spring. However, Chicago State is an awful program, most probably the most consistently bad in the entire D-1 NCAA.

RL is not going to be a 0% 3-pt shooter. However, the defenses that he will encounter are almost certainly going to be better than what he faced in Chi State. 36-37% is higher than his HS average, he will be dealing with better athletes guarding him and he is likely to be a focal point of defenses against his team. Plus, he is shooting from farther out.

The probability that his percentage goes up vs going down substantially favors the down.

We will see over the season, but I do not see him at the 36-37% range. My prediction is about 5% lower.
As has been said so many times this offseason, he wont be shooting as many forced 3s in college. He wont be shooting 3s over double and triple teams like he did in high school. He wont be shooting heavily contested 3s often like he did in high school. In theory his percentage could/should go up because of this.

Guess we will find out. The good news is that his rep as an elite scorer doesnt come from his 3 pt shooting.

Real stats vs hyperbole, you can never go wrong with that.

Good job.

Now that the games have started, going to be hard for people to continue trolling and pushing made up narratives.

You cant say a team shooting 33% from 3 is a better shooting team than one shooting 47% from beyond the arc.

Now that the games have started, going to be hard for people to continue trolling and pushing made up narratives.

You cant say a team shooting 33% from 3 is a better shooting team than one shooting 47% from beyond the arc.
With your logic Josh Langford is a better 3 pt shooter than Ryan Cline. How can that be true when Josh Langford sucks at basketball?

With your logic Josh Langford is a better 3 pt shooter than Ryan Cline. How can that be true when Josh Langford sucks at basketball?

Langfords always been a really good shooter. Its the one redeeming quality he has as a player. His problems are

1. He takes a bunch of midrange jumpers instead of 3 point jumpers which renders his shooting less valuable than it should be
2. He cant do anything else very well. Cant dribble, doesnt typically generate looks for teammates, is a poor defender, doesnt typically rebound.

He is without a doubt a good shooter though and its inaccurate of you to characterize him as a bad shooter.

Reactions: Schnelk
Langfords always been a really good shooter. Its the one redeeming quality he has as a player. His problems are

1. He takes a bunch of midrange jumpers instead of 3 point jumpers which renders his shooting less valuable than it should be
2. He cant do anything else very well. Cant dribble, doesnt typically generate looks for teammates, is a poor defender, doesnt typically rebound.

He is without a doubt a good shooter though and its inaccurate of you to characterize him as a bad shooter.
I know he is a good shooter. In fact, I know he is a good player. You are the one harping that he sucks for the last two years.

I know he is a good shooter. In fact, I know he is a good player. You are the one harping that he sucks for the last two years.

He shot 38% from the field in conference play last year. However, he shot 39% from 3. He should just stand at the 3 point line and only shoot open 3s.

But enough about Josh Langford, not even sure why you brought him up.

What did you think about Purdue going 14/30 from 3 last night? Impressive IMO, even for a great shooting team like them.

What did you make of Indiana only shooting 7/21? Concerning?

He shot 38% from the field in conference play last year. However, he shot 39% from 3. He should just stand at the 3 point line and only shoot open 3s.

But enough about Josh Langford, not even sure why you brought him up.

What did you think about Purdue going 14/30 from 3 last night? Impressive IMO, even for a great shooting team like them.

What did you make of Indiana only shooting 7/21? Concerning?
Idk why you are using last year's Josh Langford stats when you seem to think that only last nights games will be a predictor for the season to come...

No I'm not concerned with IU shooting 33% last night from 3. We scored 100+ points and were very efficient from 2. Take Devonte Green out of the game and we shot 40% from 3.

Idk why you are using last year's Josh Langford stats when you seem to think that only last nights games will be a predictor for the season to come...

No I'm not concerned with IU shooting 33% last night from 3. We scored 100+ points and were very efficient from 2. Take Devonte Green out of the game and we shot 40% from 3.

Is Green not planning on playing this year? He get hurt last night?

Not going to get into the 3pt shooting discussion, but I do remember you (generally) saying something along the lines of Romeo Langford not likely being one of the top five (or maybe top ten) freshmen in the B1G for the coming year.

I fully realize it was only one game against a putrid Chicago State team and it is purely my opinion, but if you watched IU play last night, it is readily apparent that Romeo Langford already is and will be truly outstanding. That silly prediction about Romeo Langford was just plain flat out wrong, and I suspect, was a trolling attempt on multiple Rivals boards.

Also, MSU may not win the B1G, but they almost came all the way back against Kansas, and Illinois, while not quite Chicago State bad, but is really really bad; "had trouble with D3 Illinois Wesleyan" bad.

I don't think that was a trolling attempt, but I hope it was because then at least you could say you knew better later.

Is Green not planning on playing this year? He get hurt last night?

True; Green will be in the mix for IU, but IU also has Vijay Blackmon.

And Vijay Blackmon currently has a per/40 minute scoring average of 67 points per 40 minute game.

In other words, it is complete nonsense that an IU team which scored 104 points is being judged on their one game 3pt %.

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT