ADVERTISEMENT

Since we have all the MSU fans here

hamcoboiler

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 29, 2013
name a player that can credit his NBA career to Izzo.

MSU is where five star talents go to spend four years and hope to get drafted. Two Indiana products (Harris and JJJ) got out before their stock dropped more. I could argue Harris regressed in his sophomore campaign. Dawson made the mistake of staying four years.

MSU fans can hammer away at Painter for not landing top tier talent...but at least he doesn’t squander it. At least Cal and Coach K get their talent paid in the league.

Harris was a MCDAA, Forbes played alongside Valentine and started his career at Cleveland State where he was newcomer of the year in the Horizon League.

In 20+ years Draymond is one player that Izzo improved. I can’t stand Crean and he took a higher rated player in Oladipo and made him an all star with less time.

Harris was a MCDAA, Forbes played alongside Valentine and started his career at Cleveland State where he was newcomer of the year in the Horizon League.

In 20+ years Draymond is one player that Izzo improved. I can’t stand Crean and he took a higher rated player in Oladipo and made him an all star with less time.
I would say Forbes and Valentine both developed. Both not highly recruited players who are making a living now. Can go way back with Morris Peterson also

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Forbes was not seen as an NBA guy when he transferred to State. Not even close. Draymond was a 3 star player when he committed. As another poster wrote Morris Peterson is another.

Reactions: JRMSU
MoPete? Going back to 1995. I didn’t think Al Gore invented the internet then. Were recruiting rankings available then?

Reactions: Schnelk
Harris defense improved greatly under Izzo as is typical of most of his players.

Denzel and Brynn improved defensively..given defense sucks in the NBA I would say this helped them all in the NBA

MCDAA or Jordan Brand All Americans recruits that stayed four years:

Mateen Cleaves
Kelvin Torbert
Paul Davis
Brandon Cotton (Transferred)
Kalin Lucas
Keith Appling
Branden Dawson
*Joshua Langford
*Cassius Winston

*Entering Junior Year

Izzo has more MCDAA that never made the NBA than those that did. The ones that did got out of East Lansing early. Not listed is Adreian Paybe who was the 20th ranked player in his class and Izzo "developed" him in his four years. Harris & Bridges both saw their draft stock drop after returning after their freshman campaign.

Izzo doesn't have a track record of making pros. Final Fours come at the cost of kids futures. Purdue doesn't have the track record of Final Fours, but can't say the same about players futures.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
I believe if Purdue is going to claim Swanigan as being developed by painter, and Big Dog being developed by Keady, then you should also allow any player who played for Izzo to count, regardless of how many years they played for him. Whether he recruited them out of high school or a juco, Izzo did bring them to MSU to play for him. .

Reactions: JRMSU
MCDAA or Jordan Brand All Americans recruits that stayed four years:

Mateen Cleaves
Kelvin Torbert
Paul Davis
Brandon Cotton (Transferred)
Kalin Lucas
Keith Appling
Branden Dawson
*Joshua Langford
*Cassius Winston

*Entering Junior Year

Izzo has more MCDAA that never made the NBA than those that did. The ones that did got out of East Lansing early. Not listed is Adreian Paybe who was the 20th ranked player in his class and Izzo "developed" him in his four years. Harris & Bridges both saw their draft stock drop after returning after their freshman campaign.

Izzo doesn't have a track record of making pros. Final Fours come at the cost of kids futures. Purdue doesn't have the track record of Final Fours, but can't say the same about players futures.
This is a bit confusing... Izzo sucks because he gets to the final 4, but his players dont have a great track record in the pros? Yet, Painter is good because he doesn't get to final 4s and his players dont have a great track record in the pros? Is that what you just tried to say?

Interesting take...

How about all the great Purdue players in the nba? Your school is such a joke. Other than drew brees you got no stars. No wonder you people are so angry. Must be disappointing to have no good teams. Can’t wait to steal the next recruit from painter.

name a player that can credit his NBA career to Izzo.

MSU is where five star talents go to spend four years and hope to get drafted. Two Indiana products (Harris and JJJ) got out before their stock dropped more. I could argue Harris regressed in his sophomore campaign. Dawson made the mistake of staying four years.

MSU fans can hammer away at Painter for not landing top tier talent...but at least he doesn’t squander it. At least Cal and Coach K get their talent paid in the league.

Harris (Izzo made him one of the best defenders in the nba)
Valentine
Green
Mo Pete
Alan Anderson
Forbes

The only guys who were nba locks no matter what were JJJ and bridges.

Dawson had a Charles Barkley golf swing level of mental block when it came to his horrid shooting motion. Izzo tried so damn hard at it, brought in shooting experts, etc. but the kid just flat out was incapable of changing it. That cost him 20+ million, he still made decent money.

Appling , Payne,and Mateen Cleaves. Maybe not , two are in prison and the third should be. Payne has been banned from the NBA , since he admitted raping the girl with Appling as a freshman.

Reactions: ulrey
Lame ass thread. You're inviting an ass kicking, the only purpose of this is to guess you're an MSU fan.

Name one successful PU player in the pros in the last 15 years
Come on...Brad Miller was an All Star!

I know for a fact Fife has been in contact with KB Sr. Up until at least Monday. You guys have been recruiting him since the 7th grade at St. Paul's. He seems to be fading towards other programs. I thought he was a lock for MSU but Kentucky still could snag him or possibly IU. Seems it could happen even to you guys.

Appling , Payne,and Mateen Cleaves. Maybe not , two are in prison and the third should be. Payne has been banned from the NBA , since he admitted raping the girl with Appling as a freshman.

None of the three guys you listed are in prison...

Reactions: Keric9823
So much butthurt from a loser fan base. You guys can only dream of the success coach Izzo has had. It’s good to dream. Keep on dreaming. Boiler up!

Can he still look at himself in the mirror in the morning? I doubt it. Nice program you got there. Rape down!
None of the three guys you listed are in prison...

Model citizens...…..Spartan Pride!

Tum Tum Nairn, Josh Langford, and Matt Mcquaid are 3 examples of guards who flat out didnt develop under Izzo recently.

Nairn and Langford, in particular, were/are not even mid major caliber players and one was 62nd and the other was a 5 star prospect.

Langford had a negative net rating in conference play his first two seasons. He somehow managed to have one last season despite playing 28 minutes per game on a 30-5 team that was rated 6th in KenPom that had top 15 offenses and defenses. Like, that is unfathomable how incredibly bad player development has to be to go from 5 star prospect to those stats as a sophomore.

Tum Tum Nairn, Josh Langford, and Matt Mcquaid are 3 examples of guards who flat out didnt develop under Izzo recently.

Nairn and Langford, in particular, were/are not even mid major caliber players and one was 62nd and the other was a 5 star prospect.

Langford had a negative net rating in conference play his first two seasons. He somehow managed to have one last season despite playing 28 minutes per game on a 30-5 team that was rated 6th in KenPom that had top 15 offenses and defenses. Like, that is unfathomable how incredibly bad player development has to be to go from 5 star prospect to those stats as a sophomore.

Langford I can understand if he doesn’t do well this year.

But tum tum lol. Dude was a 5ft 9 guy from the slums of the Bahamas. Izzo developed the hell out of him on and off the court. He’s making good money on the Phoenix suns coaching staff this season and will probably be a HC somewhere one day.

Langford I can understand if he doesn’t do well this year.

But tum tum lol. Dude was a 5ft 9 guy from the slums of the Bahamas. Izzo developed the hell out of him on and off the court. He’s making good money on the Phoenix suns coaching staff this season and will probably be a HC somewhere one day.

Developed the hell out of the 62nd ranked player in his class?

Nairn had a total of 60 points all year last season. As a senior. How in the world can you even credit Izzo for developing the 62nd ranked player in his class to 1.7 pounts per game as a senior?

Reactions: Schnelk and mathboy
Developed the hell out of the 62nd ranked player in his class?

Nairn had a total of 60 points all year last season. As a senior. How in the world can you even credit Izzo for developing the 62nd ranked player in his class to 1.7 pounts per game as a senior?

Pretty sure the ceiling of a 5ft 9 guard with a terrible shot motion is getting paid 6 figures to coach in the nba as a 23 year old.

If you think anyone in the US could have done a better job molding Tum Tum you are mistaken. Kid is special, one of the best men the B10 has ever seen.

Pretty sure the ceiling of a 5ft 9 guard with a terrible shot motion is getting paid 6 figures to coach in the nba as a 23 year old.

If you think anyone in the US could have done a better job molding Tum Tum you are mistaken. Kid is special, one of the best men the B10 has ever seen.

I cant tell if youre trolling me and laughing or actually being serious.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Purdue has the worst fan base in the big ten. Not only are they stupid basically inbred but they don’t even know sports. With this logic then painter should have dozens of pros. Or he must be the worst coach ever. Boiler up!

You openly support a school whose administration tried covering up its faculty having intercourse with a dog. I wouldn't try the ole "inbred fanbase" elementary made up jabs when real ones can actually be levied at you.

As far as your response to how poorly Nairn was developed, it doesnt make any sense or actually address how poorly Izzo developed Nairn.

This is a bit confusing... Izzo sucks because he gets to the final 4, but his players dont have a great track record in the pros? Yet, Painter is good because he doesn't get to final 4s and his players dont have a great track record in the pros? Is that what you just tried to say?

Interesting take...

Says the guy who thinks McRoberts and Cline are equals as 3-point shooters...

Purdue has the worst fan base in the big ten. Not only are they stupid basically inbred but they don’t even know sports. With this logic then painter should have dozens of pros. Or he must be the worst coach ever. Boiler up!

yawn.

Says the guy who thinks McRoberts and Cline are equals as 3-point shooters...
I clearly said percentage. The entire argument was around who would be the better shooting team between iu and Purdue. If last night was any indication, it wont be remotely close.

I clearly said percentage. The entire argument was around who would be the better shooting team between iu and Purdue. If last night was any indication, it wont be remotely close.
You're right, Cline is clearly better if you're being objective.

And I gave into that in the argument (on the national board). It doesn't change that IU clearly projects to be the better 3pt shooting team.
Well to you they project that way. Realism might be a tad different as we have plenty of 3 point shooters to more than eclipse the IU "projection".

Well to you they project that way. Realism might be a tad different as we have plenty of 3 point shooters to more than eclipse the IU "projection".
You have two proven 3pt shooters (cline/ce). You have two more that project to be decent (hunter/eb). After that not so much.

You have two proven 3pt shooters (cline/ce). You have two more that project to be decent (hunter/eb). After that not so much.
Umm there is Sasha and NE as NE has specifically worked on his shooting.. so you're missing a bit. But I mean you do realize there is much more to the season than one exhibition game right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT