ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Class climbing the ranks

njm8845

Senior
Jul 1, 2008
As an add-on to another thread, wanted to show where the senior class ranks going into their last year.

Vince -
- Currently 36th all time in points. Should move to around 18th (which is Cardinal) with a year like last year.
- Should move into the top ten in assists after this next year. (Moore is currently 10th).
- Should get to about 12th all time in rebounds (just above Mike Robinson)
- May get to 2nd all time in minutes played. (Moore is first). This impressed me quite a bit, but obviously depends how many games Purdue plays this year.

Isaac -
- Should reach top 10 in blocks (around Everette Stephens)
- Has a career 57.5 FG%, which would be good for 6th all time (just passing Brad Miller)

Dakota -
- On pace for 4th all time in 3 pointers made (currently - 1. Moore, 2. Cornell, 3. Teague, 4. Hummel)
- Should just crack the top 10 in assists
- On pace for the best A/TO ever (Currently Austin Parkinson is tops with a 2.7)

PJ -
- On pace for the best A/TO ever (even higher than Dakota)
- Currently 10th in FT% (Dischinger is 10th)
- May crack the top 10 in 3's made (Ryne Smith level)

Last edited:
As an add-on to another thread, wanted to show where the senior class ranks going into their last year.

Vince -
- Currently 36th all time in points. Should move to around 18th (which is Cardinal) with a year like last year.
- Should move into the top ten after this next year. (Moore is currently 10th).
- May get to 2nd all time in minutes played. (Moore is first). This impressed me quite a bit, but obviously depends how many games Purdue plays this year.

Isaac -
- Has a career 57.5 FG%, which would be good for 6th all time (just passing Brad Miller)

Dakota -
- On pace for 4th all time in 3 pointers made (currently - 1. Moore, 2. Cornell, 3. Teague, 4. Hummel)
- On pace for the best A/TO ever (Currently Austin Parkinson is tops with a 2.7)

PJ -

Vince -
- Should move into the top ten in assists after this next year. (Moore is currently 10th).

Isaac -

Dakota -

PJ -

I know assists weren't kept as stats in the old days, but I would imagine for a Most Career Points/Rebounds/Assists Combined category, Vince Edwards would be very high on that hypothetical (if not, incomplete) list.

I know assists weren't kept as stats in the old days, but I would imagine for a Most Career Points/Rebounds/Assists Combined category, Vince Edwards would be very high on that hypothetical (if not, incomplete) list.
He's on pace to be the only Purdue player in history with 1500 points, 700 rebounds and 400 assists.

Smooge is the only player with 1500, 600 and 400. And Vince has a long way to catch him on the combined stat since Smooge is sitting at 3,146 (2,136, 610 and 400).

He's on pace to be the only Purdue player in history with 1500 points, 700 rebounds and 400 assists.

Smooge is the only player with 1500, 600 and 400. And Vince has a long way to catch him on the combined stat since Smooge is sitting at 3,146 (2,136, 610 and 400).
Vince is the only active college player going into this season with a 1000, 500, 200 (or something along those lines). Read that somewhere previously about him.

Reactions: nagemj02
Vince is the only active college player going into this season with a 1000, 500, 200 (or something along those lines). Read that somewhere previously about him.

Currently he is sitting at 37 in the Draft Express mock for 2018. Lots of international players slotted ahead of him as a SF but with the way the NBA is turning, having a guy who is 6'8 with a 7'0 wingspan and has shown an ability to play both thwith SF and PF role in college bodes well for him. If Vince can bump his average this season to 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 assists per game while shooting above 80% from the free throw line and above 40% from three...he could easily slide in to that later first round and be an absolute steal for an organization. I think he'll end up like Cardinal in that he won't ever wow anyone but one day you'll hear about him signing some big contract because he is simply a valuable piece to a team's rebuild or bench. Hard to turn down stat stuffers like Vince and Biggie is showing that first hand!

Change that from 200 assists to 300, and I believe you are correct. Sports-reference has a filter that let's you search for stat threshold combos which is fun to play around with. Assuming I haven't made any mistakes in my searches:

-Dakota is the only returning college basketball player with at least 500 pts, 250 reb, 250 assists, and fewer than 100 TOs.

-Isaac is the only "multi-bid conference" player with 1000+ points and a FG% of at least 57%. Foulland from Bucknell & J. Thomas from UMASS-Lowell are the only others in all of NCAAB.

-Isaac & Foulland are the only 2 active players with at least 1000pts and without a single 3Pt attempt.

-Vince & PJT are the only 2 active B1G players with at least 500pts and career shooting %'s of at least 50% from 2pt and 37.5% from 3pt.

Reactions: boilerzz
I have a feeling all these guys are looking at this last year wanting to make the most of it. There's nothing like a burning platform to make a person focus. There are plenty of examples of seniors achieving a higher level of play through sheer willpower and work... JJ his last year, Giselle from Iowa a couple years ago, Valentine also that year... Cannot wait to see what these guys do with their swan song season. Boiler Up!

Reactions: punaj
I have a feeling all these guys are looking at this last year wanting to make the most of it. There's nothing like a burning platform to make a person focus. There are plenty of examples of seniors achieving a higher level of play through sheer willpower and work... JJ his last year, Giselle from Iowa a couple years ago, Valentine also that year... Cannot wait to see what these guys do with their swan song season. Boiler Up!

Yes, two reasons I get extra excited for a particular season:
1) a group of experienced seniors - it's fun to see players take an extra leap in their last season of college ball.
2) a big group of freshman - I'm always excited to get to know new players and see their impact.

This is the first time in a long time we have both of those.

Reactions: nagemj02 and punaj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT