ADVERTISEMENT

Senate Intel report volume 5

BuilderBob6

All-American
Jan 27, 2007
North Carolina
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...016-trump-campaign-eager-accept-help-n1237002

WASHINGTON — In a thousand-page bipartisan report released Tuesday, the Senate Intelligence Committee said the Trump administration obstructed its investigation with "novel claims" of executive privilege. It painted a portrait of a Trump campaign eager to accept help from a foreign power in 2016.

While the GRU and WikiLeaks were releasing hacked documents, the Trump Campaign sought to maximize the impact of those materials to aid Trump's electoral prospects," the report said. "To do so, the Trump campaign took actions to obtain advance notice about WikiLeaks releases of Clinton emails; took steps to obtain inside information about the content of releases once WikiLeaks began to publish stolen information; created messaging strategies to promote and share the materials in anticipation of and following their release; and encouraged further theft of information and continued leaks."

Russia and other countries took advantage of the Transition Team's inexperience, transparent opposition to Obama Administration policies, and Trump's desire to deepen ties with Russia, to pursue unofficial channels through which Russia could conduct diplomacy," the report said. "The lack of vetting of foreign interactions by Transition officials left the Transition open to influence and manipulation by foreign intelligence services, government leaders, and co-opted business executives."

On Ukraine, the report said that Russian-government operatives from late 2016 until at least January 2020 consistently spread "overlapping false narratives which sought to discredit investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 elections and spread false information about the events of 2016."

The report said that Manafort associate Konstatin Kilimnik, a Russian intelligence officer, "almost certainly helped arrange some of the first public messaging that Ukraine had interfered in the U.S. election."

In 2017, the report said, "other Russian-government proxies and personas worked to spread the false narrative that Ukraine interfered in the U.S. election."

The committee "identified no reliable evidence that the Ukrainian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. election."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...016-trump-campaign-eager-accept-help-n1237002

WASHINGTON — In a thousand-page bipartisan report released Tuesday, the Senate Intelligence Committee said the Trump administration obstructed its investigation with "novel claims" of executive privilege. It painted a portrait of a Trump campaign eager to accept help from a foreign power in 2016.

While the GRU and WikiLeaks were releasing hacked documents, the Trump Campaign sought to maximize the impact of those materials to aid Trump's electoral prospects," the report said. "To do so, the Trump campaign took actions to obtain advance notice about WikiLeaks releases of Clinton emails; took steps to obtain inside information about the content of releases once WikiLeaks began to publish stolen information; created messaging strategies to promote and share the materials in anticipation of and following their release; and encouraged further theft of information and continued leaks."

Russia and other countries took advantage of the Transition Team's inexperience, transparent opposition to Obama Administration policies, and Trump's desire to deepen ties with Russia, to pursue unofficial channels through which Russia could conduct diplomacy," the report said. "The lack of vetting of foreign interactions by Transition officials left the Transition open to influence and manipulation by foreign intelligence services, government leaders, and co-opted business executives."

On Ukraine, the report said that Russian-government operatives from late 2016 until at least January 2020 consistently spread "overlapping false narratives which sought to discredit investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 elections and spread false information about the events of 2016."

The report said that Manafort associate Konstatin Kilimnik, a Russian intelligence officer, "almost certainly helped arrange some of the first public messaging that Ukraine had interfered in the U.S. election."

In 2017, the report said, "other Russian-government proxies and personas worked to spread the false narrative that Ukraine interfered in the U.S. election."

The committee "identified no reliable evidence that the Ukrainian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. election."
What a shame that the Republicans and the Trump campaign paid a foreign power to make up e-mails and claim they were authored by your political opponent.
All in an effort to influence an election.

Who had "But Hilary!" on their bingo card?

Guess you think Ivanka should be in jail as well then since she did same thing with her email
was she sec of state? were her emails mixed up with Weiners dick picks? Did she lie about it? the same? oooook

Answer this one simple question Bob. Why did the FBI never get an opportunity to analyze the DNC server and simply accept the narrative that it was hacked by the evil Russians?

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Answer this one simple question Bob. Why did the FBI never get an opportunity to analyze the DNC server and simply accept the narrative that it was hacked by the evil Russians?
My understanding is a server is not like a tape recorder. The Russians were long gone so there was little to see. Instead crowdstrike gave images from the server to the FBI and other agencies that showed the Russians........when they were actually engaged on the server. It was enough for Mueller to charge 12 Russians of the GRU.

This is not my area of expertise so feel free to do some research. I'm not surprised you just took Trump's "What about this?" question and ran with it.

Looks like hye was tough on Russia way back in 2007 too.

Not sure why I am bothering but that is less damming that obama literally telling Putin "wait until I am re-elected" or whatever he said. You all keep fishing for Russia crap that just isn't there.

I am a lifelong independent and have always voted for the person that most closely matched what I believe in no matter which side they were on. But I can tell you that after watching the rhetoric and complete waste of my tax payer money on things there isn't one democrat that has earned my vote. And sorry "orange man bad" isn't enough when your policies suck.

I get that Trump says or tweets things he shouldn't but so what, the body of work when you taken an unbiased look at what he has done so far has earned my vote more than any democrat has. That all can change sure since I am not lock step with the far right, but no substance narratives with hypocritical twists is no way to win over the independent voters like me.

I already regret posting this, but I typed all out so away it goes and away I go as well. I have cold beer waiting.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Not sure why I am bothering but that is less damming that obama literally telling Putin "wait until I am re-elected" or whatever he said. You all keep fishing for Russia crap that just isn't there.

I am a lifelong independent and have always voted for the person that most closely matched what I believe in no matter which side they were on. But I can tell you that after watching the rhetoric and complete waste of my tax payer money on things there isn't one democrat that has earned my vote. And sorry "orange man bad" isn't enough when your policies suck.

I get that Trump says or tweets things he shouldn't but so what, the body of work when you taken an unbiased look at what he has done so far has earned my vote more than any democrat has. That all can change sure since I am not lock step with the far right, but no substance narratives with hypocritical twists is no way to win over the independent voters like me.

I already regret posting this, but I typed all out so away it goes and away I go as well. I have cold beer waiting.

Waste of taxpayer money??? Today's report only bolsters why it definitely was needed. Personally, I'm also dying to hear what the status is of those Russian baby adoptions.

After more than 3.5 years it's quite clear Trump only believes in himself and how he can advance Donald Trump, so if that's what closely matches what you believe in then have at it.

Also, please, "orange man" is insensitive to Oompa Loompas. The preferred nomenclature is Cheeto-Head, or Trumple-thin-skin.

170k dead and counting as his body of work. What a resume.

This last report tells you all you need about Trumpers, and the rest of America needs to wake up. Once again, they say "nothing burger." Trump doesn't even believe what his base believes, he has just figured out how to use them. He throws them some red meat hate every now and again and that's all they need. Spoiled children who think they will be safe and the world will take care of itself in their favor.

Not sure either.

But tell me, after Obama said that to Putin, what kind of relationship did they have? I'll be the first to say, he was weak on Russia. But he didn't defend them. He didn't believe them over his own Intel agencies. He didn't willingly accept their help in an election. He didn't say Russia was justified in invading Afghanistan to stop terrorism. He didn't stay quiet while Putin put bounties on our soldiers. He didn't invite the ambassador into the oval office and yuk it up while disclosing classified info. He didn't criticize and alienate our NATO allies.......or threaten to withdraw from it. He didn't propose to let Russia back in the G7, as a matter of fact he helped expel them from the G8 for the invasion of Crimea. He didnt propose a cyber security unit with Russia to tackle election hacking (my personal favorite.) Those are just off the top of my head. How does all that compare to one statement from Obama? He may have been weak but he didn't treat Russia like an ally.

Is that not enough substance?

If you think the only problem with Trump is his tweets and you use the orange man bad narrative you probably aren't as independent as you think.

My understanding is a server is not like a tape recorder. The Russians were long gone so there was little to see. Instead crowdstrike gave images from the server to the FBI and other agencies that showed the Russians........when they were actually engaged on the server. It was enough for Mueller to charge 12 Russians of the GRU.

This is not my area of expertise so feel free to do some research. I'm not surprised you just took Trump's "What about this?" question and ran with it.

When are you going to wake up an realize that there was NO Russian Collusion with the Trump campaign. There is a lot more evidence of HRC & the DNC colluding with Obama, his Intel services (Clapper & Brennan), DoJ & FBI to subvert the Trump campaign.
Your TDS has you believing what you need to believe to make the Big Orange Guy the villain and you're too naive to understand that you're being manipulated by the Dems & MSM. Keep tilting at those windmills, Don Quixote

Not sure either.

But tell me, after Obama said that to Putin, what kind of relationship did they have? I'll be the first to say, he was weak on Russia. But he didn't defend them. He didn't believe them over his own Intel agencies. He didn't willingly accept their help in an election. He didn't say Russia was justified in invading Afghanistan to stop terrorism. He didn't stay quiet while Putin put bounties on our soldiers. He didn't invite the ambassador into the oval office and yuk it up while disclosing classified info. He didn't criticize and alienate our NATO allies.......or threaten to withdraw from it. He didn't propose to let Russia back in the G7, as a matter of fact he helped expel them from the G8 for the invasion of Crimea. He didnt propose a cyber security unit with Russia to tackle election hacking (my personal favorite.) Those are just off the top of my head. How does all that compare to one statement from Obama? He may have been weak but he didn't treat Russia like an ally.

Is that not enough substance?

If you think the only problem with Trump is his tweets and you use the orange man bad narrative you probably aren't as independent as you think.

Not much substance, but a lot of misinformation. You have been well programmed, little drone.

When are you going to wake up an realize that there was NO Russian Collusion with the Trump campaign. There is a lot more evidence of HRC & the DNC colluding with Obama, his Intel services (Clapper & Brennan), DoJ & FBI to subvert the Trump campaign.
Your TDS has you believing what you need to believe to make the Big Orange Guy the villain and you're too naive to understand that you're being manipulated by the Dems & MSM. Keep tilting at those windmills, Don Quixote
Hey idiot, I've said many times that there was no "collusion" between the Trump campaign and russia proven in any investigation. I didn't say anything about it in that post. The Senate Intel report said there was no collusion. You got it?

Collusion means coordination.......that they actively worked together.

What has been proven many times......and again in this report.......is they both were working toward the same goal. Trump and his campaign knew Russia was helping them and actively seeked any information they could get on HC and the dems. The Russians clearly wanted Trump to win and provided any assistance they could. If Manafort had still been the campaign manager when he was coordinating with the Russians there would have been collusion.

Why don't you come up with some original material. I mean, you continually using TDS and media manipulation to describe anybody who doesn't fall in line with Trump is not only so played, but very ironic considering you believe every freaking thing a serial liar tells you.

Your hero is a disgusting, incompetent, name calling, 74 year old adolescent who would gladly throw you or any other supporter under the bus if you dared to criticize him. You're just an angry old man who is scared to death your white male dominated world is slipping away.

It is BTW.

Last edited:
You can't be serious.

The GOP controlled Senate Intelligence Committee shoots your argument to hell.

Who is really suffering from TDS?

It ain't the anti-Trumpers.

Wake up, for the country's sake.

smh

Hey idiot, I've said many times that there was no "collusion" between the Trump campaign and russia proven in any investigation. I didn't say anything about it in that post. The Senate Intel report said there was no collusion. You got it?

Collusion means coordination.......that they actively worked together.

What has been proven many times......and again in this report.......is they both were working toward the same goal. Trump and his campaign knew Russia was helping them and actively seeked any information they could get on HC and the dems. The Russians clearly wanted Trump to win and provided any assistance they could. If Manafort had still been the campaign manager when he was coordinating with the Russians there would have been collusion.

Why don't you come up with some original material. I mean, you continually using TDS and media manipulation to describe anybody who doesn't fall in line with Trump is not only so played, but very ironic considering you believe every freaking thing a serial liar tells you.

Your hero is a disgusting, incompetent, name calling, 74 year old adolescent who would gladly throw you or any other supporter under the bus if you dared to criticize him. You're just an angry old man who is scared to death your white male dominated world is slipping away.

It is BTW.

My take away from posts like the ones from BoilerMadness are that they really just don’t give a damn about democracy, and therefore this country, any longer.

Having a bipartisan report confirm that Russia interfered should scare everyone, yet the Donnie sycophants just brush it off as TDS. How pathetic is that?

What I don’t understand is why they don’t believe all of the conservative Republicans who are coming forward to denounce Trump and publicly support Biden. Republicans who are genuinely concerned about the future of democracy and of our country are speaking up. They are voting for Biden. Now why is that?

Reactions: indy35 and LedZep17
What I don’t understand is why they don’t believe all of the conservative Republicans who are coming forward to denounce Trump and publicly support Biden. Republicans who are genuinely concerned about the future of democracy and of our country are speaking up. They are voting for Biden. Now why is that?

Isn't it obvious? The trump cult sees those conservative republicans as far left (like everyone else who they disagree). It doesn't make any logical of factual sense but to the trump cult, it never had to make sense.

More will come out too to endorse Biden. Of course, they will immediately be shamed as Never Trumpers or RINOs. In Trump world, any perceived threat from within or from prominent party affiliates earns a dedicated attack or smear campaign from his ministry of propaganda and Congressional bark dogs, and everything is then labeled as a hoax or a conspiracy to try and bring him down.

Trump's team sure is going to be extra busy in this final stretch. When damage control turns into a campaign strategy then good luck with voter retention, much less getting the new voters you need to win a reelection.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
More will come out too to endorse Biden. Of course, they will immediately be shamed as Never Trumpers or RINOs. In Trump world, any perceived threat from within or from prominent party affiliates earns a dedicated attack or smear campaign from his ministry of propaganda and Congressional bark dogs, and everything is then labeled as a hoax or a conspiracy to try and bring him down.

Trump's team sure is going to be extra busy in this final stretch. When damage control turns into a campaign strategy then good luck with voter retention, much less getting the new voters you need to win a reelection.
There are certainly true believers that are entirely lost. They may never come back to reality. I think there are others that it's just a pride thing at this point. They don't want to admit they fell for it and are just digging in their heels at this point, even though they know better.

Isn't it obvious? The trump cult sees those conservative republicans as far left (like everyone else who they disagree). It doesn't make any logical of factual sense but to the trump cult, it never had to make sense.
it happens every cycle. politics didn't start in 2016. just read an article, said 11 percent of repubs will vote biden and 8 of dems will vote trump. you kids are just in your echo chamber only.

Reactions: atlboiler2156
There are certainly true believers that are entirely lost. They may never come back to reality. I think there are others that it's just a pride thing at this point. They don't want to admit they fell for it and are just digging in their heels at this point, even though they know better.

That, and they vote solely on a single issue that means more to them than our own country's democracy, or any threat to the republic for that matter. I have them in my own family. Trump says he's solely pro-life (since it became convenient during an election anyway), and now to pro-lifers every vitriolic, fascist, and harmful (enabling pandemic spread in the US with170,000+ deaths) thing he's done is just an unintended consequence in his fight to protect the unborn... it's lunacy.

I live in Evansville and one of Trump's biggest donors (yes, he's corrupt as well) from the area even publicly came out during the last election and said the only thing that mattered was the Supreme Court. Funny, Republicans cheated that process and got what they wanted but it hasn't exactly worked out for them the way they thought it would.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT