ADVERTISEMENT

Sen. Joe Biden, 1991: “Had Thomas been white, he never would have been nominated. The only reason he’s on the court is because he’s black.”

You are still not answering my question but that's ok.

So, you have no problems if a Jewish person said that the Holocaust was fake?

Since you don't or care about history, let me remind you before you answer, that is when the German Chancellor, Adolph Hitler ordered the extermination of 6 million Jews in the 1930's and 1940's.
There's a difference between saying the holocaust was fake (which is patently false and can be objectively proven or disproven) and a black person disagreeing with say, a vote integrity bill (which is based on that persons personal opinions and beliefs, and is purely subjective, not objective).

Wow, you know you just twisted yourself into a pretzel.

I’ll ask one more time. If they pass a law that white people have to count the number of jelly beans in a jar in order to vote. Shouldn’t white people collectively be in outrage? And you will be ok with the ones that aren’t?

Of course, I'm aware of all of all of that. What does that have to do with the question I posed that you still seem to have a difficult time answering?

Yeah, all Catholics should think a like for pro-life, particularly since the church doctrine is pro-life then they all should be for pro-life. What is the point of being Catholic, or any other religion that you are a member for that matter, if you are not going to follow the church doctrine?
Joe Biden says Hi!

Wow, you know you just twisted yourself into a pretzel.

I’ll ask one more time. If they pass a law that white people have to count the number of jelly beans in a jar in order to vote. Shouldn’t white people collectively be in outrage? And you will be ok with the ones that aren’t?
Why do you always bring up things that happened over 100 years ago in like, two backwoods cities, and then put that up like it took place nationwide in 2020?

The sooner you're able to let go of the past, the sooner you'll break the chains of victimhood. But then again, CNN, MSNBC and Urban radio won't allow that because as long as they can sell blacks on victimhood and that we live in a racist society, they have some reliable listeners and voters.

Black or white Clarence Thomas is sort of a justice that doesn’t really say or do anything. He definitely keeps his mouth shut and toes the party line, his wife is a disgrace. I’m more R than D but got to call it like it is in regards to Clarence. As more Biden, no doubt in his day he had racist views, probably still does. As for Brown, she’ll get confirmed and rightfully so, these hearings now and it goes both ways are nothing more than I’m going to try to gravitate to my base because I have Presidential aspirations. Hawley, Cruz, Graham although he’ll never be President on the right and Booker with his impassioned speech on the left.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Why do you always bring up things that happened over 100 years ago in like, two backwoods cities, and then put that up like it took place nationwide in 2020?

The sooner you're able to let go of the past, the sooner you'll break the chains of victimhood. But then again, CNN, MSNBC and Urban radio won't allow that because as long as they can sell blacks on victimhood and that we live in a racist society, they have some reliable listeners and voters.
People like you are the ones trying to remove horrible events that happened in America from the curriculum and history books in schools. I bring up those events to make my point to counter your comments. This is why people need to know history. These events did not happen in 2 backwoods cities. These events happened all over the US. Big cities to small towns. You guys are so worried about your children be labeled as oppressors. Lynchings were a public event and white people brought their children to watch black men get castrated and hung from trees. They didn’t mind their kids to see that.

As far victimhood and one of the reasons I bring that stuff up to make my points. You guys like to bring up that affirmative action is reverse racism. Who is being the victim now? Don’t want your children to be taught about being oppressors. Who is being the victim? Who is trying to ban CRT in schools, even though it is not, by the way?

Black or white Clarence Thomas is sort of a justice that doesn’t really say or do anything. He definitely keeps his mouth shut and toes the party line, his wife is a disgrace. I’m more R than D but got to call it like it is in regards to Clarence. As more Biden, no doubt in his day he had racist views, probably still does. As for Brown, she’ll get confirmed and rightfully so, these hearings now and it goes both ways are nothing more than I’m going to try to gravitate to my base because I have Presidential aspirations. Hawley, Cruz, Graham although he’ll never be President on the right and Booker with his impassioned speech on the left.
Clarence Thomas and his wife are a disgrace. She may be in deep doo doo.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Lake Central beating Noll in the 84 Regionals was probably the best High School hoops game I’ve ever been to. I used to have season Cub tickets with Coach Gabor.
Yeah, that was a heart breaker. Couple close friends on that Noll team.

Lake Central beating Noll in the 84 Regionals was probably the best High School hoops game I’ve ever been to. I used to have season Cub tickets with Coach Gabor.
My brother was head basketball coach at Horace Mann, Bloom Trail and Hammond Gavit for 40+ years.

My brother was head basketball coach at Horace Mann, Bloom Trail and Hammond Gavit for 40+ years.
I can't believe that they haven't torn down the Horace Mann building yet. Lew Wallace is as scheduled to be torn down, though. Not sure what us in store for the Hammond Gavit building since the kids are now going to the new Hammond Central.

People like you are the ones trying to remove horrible events that happened in America from the curriculum and history books in schools. I bring up those events to make my point to counter your comments. This is why people need to know history. These events did not happen in 2 backwoods cities. These events happened all over the US. Big cities to small towns. You guys are so worried about your children be labeled as oppressors. Lynchings were a public event and white people brought their children to watch black men get castrated and hung from trees. They didn’t mind their kids to see that.

As far victimhood and one of the reasons I bring that stuff up to make my points. You guys like to bring up that affirmative action is reverse racism. Who is being the victim now? Don’t want your children to be taught about being oppressors. Who is being the victim? Who is trying to ban CRT in schools, even though it is not, by the way?

Again, everything that happened 100 years ago.
No white children, white children's parents or white children''s grand parents were "oppressors".
I won't let my children be shamed into having to apologize for being white.
They can learn about slavery and history, just like they learn about Vietnam, WW2, and 9/11.

They should also learn about the problems facing black society today and asking why those things don't change.

No white children, white children's parents or white children''s grand parents were "oppressors".
They can learn about slavery and history, just like they learn about Vietnam, WW2, and 9/11.

They should also learn about the problems facing black society today and asking why those things don't change.
Those things happened a hundred years ago, laws were passed to protect minorities, problem solved. There are no residual effects now. All is well. Stop your bitching.

I can't believe that they haven't torn down the Horace Mann building yet. Lew Wallace is as scheduled to be torn down, though. Not sure what us in store for the Hammond Gavit building since the kids are now going to the new Hammond Central.
Gavit had a really good baseball complex, their gym sucked.

Gavit in the 80’s had some studs, Joey Wright was a beast!
My bro was there in the 2005-2009 era. He was also AD.

He was HC at Bloom Trail for 21 years. Rough neighborhood. The teachers would sit in their cars and await a group of 5-6 to walk into the school from the parking lot. Same going out at the end of the day.

Reactions: purduedavie
Gavit in the 80’s had some studs, Joey Wright was a beast!
Da Region had a lot of good guards back then from Tim McCalister to Tony Harris to Kenny Lofton to Curtis Rias to Teyon McCoy to Joey Wright to Jerome Harmon etc. Harmon was the only one of the group that almost went to Purdue.

IIRC you have said you live in Mount Pleasant, where, down here, are your children being "shamed into having to apologize for being white?"

Good lord traveling up and down 17 alone they can see the descendant of slaves selling sweet grass baskets and in a little over a month cemeteries like Christ Church, 17 and Long Point, will have Confederate battle flags on the graves of Confederate soldiers celebrating Confederate Memorial day.

Seems to me to be a mix you don't see many other places and I have yet to see anyone here, black or white, demand that "whites feel shame for being white."

Da Region had a lot of good guards back then from Tim McCalister to Tony Harris to Kenny Lofton to Curtis Rias to Teyon McCoy to Joey Wright to Jerome Harmon etc. Harmon was the only one of the group that almost went to Purdue.
Sat right next to Keady at Andrean when Lew Wallace was playing the Niners. I saw him sitting in the bleachers and walked up and introduced myself. He really thought he would get Jerome, but it just didn’t happen. Enjoyed talking to him for the whole game, as it’s not often one gets that much time to chew the fat with a head coach.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Sat right next to Keady at Andrean when Lew Wallace was playing the Niners. I saw him sitting in the bleachers and walked up and introduced myself. He really thought he would get Jerome, but it just didn’t happen. Enjoyed talking to him for the whole game, as it’s not often one gets that much time to chew the fat with a head coach.
We all thought Harmon was coming. I guess it came down to Keady did not want to “pay to play”.

I know who your brother is, when was he at Horace Mann? Very good Coach by the way.
First job after he graduated at IU. 1969-72? Asst coach there for a couple of years, then got hired as HC at Bloom Trail. BT had been there for 21 years without a winning team, he coached there 21 years and never had a losing team.

First job after he graduated at IU. 1969-72? Asst coach there for a couple of years, then got hired as HC at Bloom Trail. BT had been there for 21 years without a winning team, he coached there 21 years and never had a losing team.
He wanted to be the Highland Coach, I remember when it was a big deal when he didn’t get the job. Anyway, what’s he up to these days? Hope he’s still living and doing what he likes to do.

He wanted to be the Highland Coach, I remember when it was a big deal when he didn’t get the job. Anyway, what’s he up to these days? Hope he’s still living and doing what he likes to do.
Retired, battling cancer. He's in good spirits but the chemo treatments are rough.

• Sad
Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT