ADVERTISEMENT

Second to commit?

Dowuona. I'd look for it to happen soon. He and Williams will make an awesome pair, probably for 4 years.

Reactions: boiler800
I would hope Dowouna - if you listened to Brian's interview he said it wouldn't surprise him and he wouldn't be surprised if the staff called him up after William's committed.

Lol, no mention about Trevion Williams committing, oh wait now its all over the board ha.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjf04
I would like to see Damezi Anderson join him as he can be extremely versatile in CMP's system. Dowouna would provide in shot blocking what TW will provide in rebounds. Welcome either.

I personally do not know about the guards? I just haven't seen enough on them to have an opinion....Eric Hunter, Robert Phinisee, Keyshawn Embery, Jaelin Llewelyn or a yet unknown July discovery??? For those that have seen Hunter is he easily the best?

Last edited:
Story in today's SB Tribune on Anderson. Doesn't sound like he's close to pulling the trigger to me.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/spo...cle_3fbb91af-7e28-525b-86a0-c50472d9e44b.html

Anderson received his first college scholarship offer – from Purdue – last year. Offers from Connecticut, DePaul and Michigan followed.

Last month, while on a visit to Bloomington, Anderson received a scholarship offer from new Indiana coach Archie Miller. That one stayed with him a little longer.

“They first liked me when Tom Crean was there,” Anderson said. “But Archie Miller sees something in me and that’s pretty cool.”

That’s as deep as Anderson’s college wish list runs. He’d like to play well enough along the AAU circuit to catch the eyes of other schools.

He insists there isn’t a “dream offer” that he’d like to add to his wish list, though he wouldn’t mind if Kentucky coach John Calipari would wander down and watch Anderson and his Mean Streets teammates a little closely.

Story in today's SB Tribune on Anderson. Doesn't sound like he's close to pulling the trigger to me.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/spo...cle_3fbb91af-7e28-525b-86a0-c50472d9e44b.html

Anderson received his first college scholarship offer – from Purdue – last year. Offers from Connecticut, DePaul and Michigan followed.

Last month, while on a visit to Bloomington, Anderson received a scholarship offer from new Indiana coach Archie Miller. That one stayed with him a little longer.

“They first liked me when Tom Crean was there,” Anderson said. “But Archie Miller sees something in me and that’s pretty cool.”

That’s as deep as Anderson’s college wish list runs. He’d like to play well enough along the AAU circuit to catch the eyes of other schools.

He insists there isn’t a “dream offer” that he’d like to add to his wish list, though he wouldn’t mind if Kentucky coach John Calipari would wander down and watch Anderson and his Mean Streets teammates a little closely.
That same article also said this (which sounds to me like he is close to pulling the trigger):

"Anderson would like to have a college decision sooner than later. He could have one as soon as the July evaluation ends. The latest he might have one is by the start of his senior year at Riley. His first day back at school is Aug. 16."

That same article also said this (which sounds to me like he is close to pulling the trigger):

"Anderson would like to have a college decision sooner than later. He could have one as soon as the July evaluation ends. The latest he might have one is by the start of his senior year at Riley. His first day back at school is Aug. 16."

I guess "close" is relative. I just meant that I don't think he'll be choosing quickly enough to be our 2nd commitment. If he wanted to jump on our offer, he's had it for awhile. He's had the IU offer in hand for a few weeks now.

I'm going with Embery. he seems to already have narrowed his choices. And some of his tweets sounded like he had already made a decision. And our competition for his services doesn't seem as stiff as it is for our other targets. Anderson looks like he's going to entertain as many offers as he can get before making a decision.

Well, it worked to create a first to commit thread. Why not a second to commit one.

Why not?

fefe5edc9b26f76019e2487980116212.jpg

My list in order is:
Dowuona
Embrey
Hunter (henry may replace Anderson for this package deal if Anderson hold out too long)

*Note: I am still holdout hope for Langford as our 5th commit. (I thought Louisville or Kansas, but not sure either now...hoping Boogie is I his ear.

but if not then a pick em' between:

Bates (Love this guy and his grit, could see him along side TW and ED)
Henry (Talented but Anderson is first choice for Painter but possible)
Anderson (seems he is not even sure to be loyal too)
Trapp (Iowa lean)
Phinisee (like IU to much)
Llewellyn (pulling from Virginia is tough)
Hauser (Marquette or Wisky lean)
Penn-Johnson (I see Cal or Arizona in his future)
or player to be named later.

I still like a player named Drew Peterson who is a SG/SF who is from Illinois and has a game similar to Robbie Hummel...would fit the Purdue system and solid guard/forward...6ft 6/7 in can dribble, pass, rebound and shoot......good kid.

Good start to the class for sure with TW.

Reactions: oldboiler52
My list in order is:
Dowuona
Embrey
Hunter (henry may replace Anderson for this package deal if Anderson hold out too long)

*Note: I am still holdout hope for Langford as our 5th commit. (I thought Louisville or Kansas, but not sure either now...hoping Boogie is I his ear.

Trapp (Iowa lean)

I still like a player named Drew Peterson who is a SG/SF who is from Illinois and has a game similar to Robbie Hummel...would fit the Purdue system and solid guard/forward...6ft 6/7 in can dribble, pass, rebound and shoot......good kid.

Good list, Chevy.

I think Anderson will be our last commitment. I can see him playing everybody against each other, and then finding out he was everybody's 5th choice , and when we offer our 4th scholarship , he'll ask if he can have the 5th one Biggie left. Anderson's tweets sound a lot like Bowen's as if he's already got a bird in the hand and he wants something better. He's probably not like that, but that's what his last tweet sounded like saying he hoped Calipari takes a look at his AAU mean Streets game.

Reactions: charlespig
With Williams committing, and Dowuona a very big possibility, I could see Wheeler playing a lot more SF this year as he prepares to be more of a perimeter player. I'm also now Ok with Haarms being a perimeter shooter on offense if Williams is in the paint.

I think Anderson will be our last commitment. I can see him playing everybody against each other, and then finding out he was everybody's 5th choice , and when we offer our 4th scholarship , he'll ask if he can have the 5th one Biggie left. Anderson's tweets sound a lot like Bowen's as if he's already got a bird in the hand and he wants something better. He's probably not like that, but that's what his last tweet sounded like saying he hoped Calipari takes a look at his AAU mean Streets game.
What tweet are you talking about? Only thing I see is him tweeting offers he got. Perhaps I missed something

We need Dowuona to solidify the front line for 3 to 4 more years. I would take Henry if it means we get Hunter. Henry would be a good role player with Aaron Wheeler at SF.

With Williams committing, and Dowuona a very big possibility, I could see Wheeler playing a lot more SF this year as he prepares to be more of a perimeter player. I'm also now Ok with Haarms being a perimeter shooter on offense if Williams is in the paint.
The pieces seem to fit really well.

Reactions: Ben Shadeland
Hope we add athleticism to compliment Williams. Williams seems slow and very little vertical.

What tweet are you talking about? Only thing I see is him tweeting offers he got. Perhaps I missed something

Anderson was talking about his IU offer and how the new coach Miller really liked him. Then he was talking about his AAU game and hoping to get more offers, so he can make a better decision. And then he said he hoped the UK coach would take in a few of his Mean Streets AAU games to see him play. and if he gave him an offer, he'd have to consider it. it was more of an article than a tweet. I found the link from this forum.

And Anderson talking about all his AAU games made me believe that a player like Embery who doesn't play in all the Midwest AAU tournaments might be quicker to commit than a guy who is going to play the AAU circuit all Summer hoping more coaches see him play and give him offers.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Anderson was talking about his IU offer and how the new coach Miller really liked him. Then he was talking about his AAU game and hoping to get more offers, so he can make a better decision. And then he said he hoped the UK coach would take in a few of his Mean Streets AAU games to see him play. and if he gave him an offer, he'd have to consider it. it was more of an article than a tweet. I found the link from this forum.
So news article not a tweet. Got it

My list in order is:
Dowuona
Embrey

Trapp (Iowa lean)

I'M pretty sure we have backed off Trapp or at least it appears so .

Yes, this. CMP's staff will have to work overtime on DA to convince him to come here.

The longer this goes the less likely I think he is a Boiler.....just a feeling from observing past recruits. Read he likes Michigan's deal up there ...which is believable as there are similarities between what Michigan does and how Purdue uses wings. They just don't typically use the inside the way we do which frees the wings. Read iu appealed...but never believed anything out of that camp.

Last edited:
Hope we add athleticism to compliment Williams. Williams seems slow and very little vertical.
I agree Williams is slow. Running, jumping. I see Travis Carroll. Appears to be a Cookie Monster. Weight anywhere from 250 to 290. Williams is no Swanigan.

I agree Williams is slow. Running, jumping. I see Travis Carroll. Appears to be a Cookie Monster. Weight anywhere from 250 to 290. Williams is no Swanigan.

Are you the only Purdue fan that didn't see the videos of Swanigan as an 8th grader?

Williams will have to work constantly if he wants to develop like Swanigan. Not many want it that badly but if Williams does then he could be very good as well.

If you read his commitment post, he was layed up for 5 weeks where he couldn't play basketball and sat in bed and ate all the time.

I am not worried about his weight right now, will like to see what he looks like come June 2018 when he sets foot on campus. If he has cut 20-30lbs before Bonhotal gets him....I will be happy.

I kept digging for more videos and found some evidence to back off some on slow and hops. Saw some one on one drills and he made some great moves and dunked on guys his size. For goodness sakes no comparison to TC!

Reactions: bobbykoz
How the hell did NW land Pete Nance?
I think Nance is good but not really the 4 we want. He is more of a passer than scorer, not really a strong rebounder and more of a finesse passer/facilitator.

He will be a good get for 4 years at Northwestern unless he gets aggressive and becomes a dominate scorer.

Musa Jallow is committing this evening. Don't think he is picking us but rumor is IU also backed off. Some of their insiders say that he hasn't progressed on his shooting stroke as much as they had hoped.

Musa Jallow is committing this evening. Don't think he is picking us but rumor is IU also backed off. Some of their insiders say that he hasn't progressed on his shooting stroke as much as they had hoped.
Sounds like Ohio State. I don't think we were that heavy into him for awhile now anyway.

I kept digging for more videos and found some evidence to back off some on slow and hops. Saw some one on one drills and he made some great moves and dunked on guys his size. For goodness sakes no comparison to TC!
I had to laugh at this because I remember some on this board (& I won't call them out) that said TC was going to be as good or better than Zeller

If you read his commitment post, he was layed up for 5 weeks where he couldn't play basketball and sat in bed and ate all the time.

I am not worried about his weight right now, will like to see what he looks like come June 2018 when he sets foot on campus. If he has cut 20-30lbs before Bonhotal gets him....I will be happy.

I'm not too worried about his ability to drop weight.

What I am worried about is the healing of his foot, especially now with the added weight.

Foot injuries are not things to mess with. And adding weight as a result of having to be off of one's feet can lead to a vicious cycle of re-injury. Hoping that doesn't happen.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT