ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half surge propels Purdue to win at UW (link)

Nice win tho it seemed like we were playing in mud till the middle of third Quarter. Wisc is very young and not very good at all. We will know a lot about this team after the next three games. OSU will be steaming after getting routed at MSU, a team we just beat convincingly. Then at Indiana and MSU. Might lose all threee, might???
Still say NIT.

Last edited:
Nice win tho it seemed like we were playing in mud till the middle of third Quarter. Wisc is very young and not very good at all. We will know a lot about this team after the next two games. OSU will be steaming after getting routed at MSU, a team we just beat convincingly. Then at Indiana and MSU. Might lose all threee, might???
Still say NIT.

Despite Purdue now being 12-6, 3-1, its NCAA résumé is ... bad, to put it mildly.

The biggest résumé issues are bad losses - Maine (RPI 102), Villanova (95) and Southern Illinois (189) and IUPUI (80) - combined with only one quality win. That's Michigan State (32), which got an RPI boost after beating OSU. Purdue's second- and third-best wins are Penn State (84) and Central Michigan (104). Nine of its wins are against teams with RPI 143 or worse, with five of them at least 220. Ten of Purdue's 12 wins are against plus-100s. Purdue has only played one team in the RPI top-25, Stanford at 12.

There are a few games left against RPI-boosters, like Ohio State, MSU (on the road), Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota and Northwestern (all top-50 RPIs). But Purdue, which has an RPI of about 100 right now, might have to win at least five of those six to get its RPI into the 50s by the end of the year. But how many of those six can it win? And it'd have to not slip up elsewhere, like at IU, PSU, Iowa, etc.

Simply put: Purdue has a huge hill to climb because of the early bad losses.

Last edited:
Definitely NIT at best, but I think they will make that. Better than not. Some of these players are fun to watch, Morissette, Keys, and Perry. And the younger ones are promising but I don't think we have the overall talent to do much better than top 7 of BT where I think we sit now.

Beat Ohio State and we can start to entertain the notion of a NCAA bid. Even that would probably only elevate our status to maybe the low end of the bubble. The path is so very narrow at this point that it's barely a consideration. We need more wins that matter and even then we have so many bad losses that it might not be enough. IMO we may need to finish in 2nd place in the Big Ten to get in.

A true long shot. Doubt we will beat OSU tho Msu lost again and they beat the Bucks. Maybe parity is invading WBB more than before like it has so completely in MBB?
Except UConn :)

A true long shot. Doubt we will beat OSU tho Msu lost again and they beat the Bucks. Maybe parity is invading WBB more than before like it has so completely in MBB?
Except UConn :)

I think OSU is maybe a step down from where they have been in the past few years. We might have a shot at them if we play well. I think Maryland may be the only conference team that is on its own tier this year.

well know soon. Osu has a frosh named MCCoy who is from my town who could have gone to UConn. She will be a major before she is done. They have recruited well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT