ADVERTISEMENT

Sebastian Williams-Adams official visit this weekend

Sure and what if they don’t make it to the next level, as most don’t, and don’t make $5M? Then the kid thinks you lied to him.

I’d say the kid taking the $500k also thinks he can make $5M at the next level. It’s easy to say right now as non 18 year olds and having more experience in life, but when you’re 18 and have been told how great you are your whole life, it’s a different kind of belief/confidence in yourself. Hopefully, like you said, they do have a good handler to trust and they have the kid’s best interests in mind.
I totally get what you're saying but kids/fans are going to believe coaches lie all the time. I mean some fans believe TKR was recruited as a wing, some were verbally told they would receive $100K to play QB at UNLV, some were told they would receive $13.85 million to commit to Florida.

Yes, the chance of receiving more sounds good but sometimes in reality it's just a false promise.

Curious. Do you know if these deals are concrete and/or players winning any of these lawsuits? I noticed the NCAA keeps getting sued by multiple former players. I just wonder how many will actually win.

I totally get what you're saying but kids/fans are going to believe coaches lie all the time. I mean some fans believe TKR was recruited as a wing, some were verbally told they would receive $100K to play QB at UNLV, some were told they would receive $13.85 million to commit to Florida.

Yes, the chance of receiving more sounds good but sometimes in reality it's just a false promise.

Curious. Do you know if these deals are concrete and/or players winning any of these lawsuits? I noticed the NCAA keeps getting sued by multiple former players. I just wonder how many will actually win.
To be fair, by all accounts, TKR was given the opportunity to develop as a wing his RS year. Promise kept. It doesn't always work out.

Sure and what if they don’t make it to the next level, as most don’t, and don’t make $5M? Then the kid thinks you lied to him.

I’d say the kid taking the $500k also thinks he can make $5M at the next level. It’s easy to say right now as non 18 year olds and having more experience in life, but when you’re 18 and have been told how great you are your whole life, it’s a different kind of belief/confidence in yourself. Hopefully, like you said, they do have a good handler to trust and they have the kid’s best interests in mind.
That’s a perfect illustration of who Purdue does and doesn’t recruit and why they end up with a lot of kids from basketball families.

MP never seriously recruited Haralson because he didn’t fit that mold. Doesn’t make him a bad kid in any way but what he wanted for himself and what Purdue needed from him didn’t align.

Way to crack the case Matlock !!
Even when right, you make fun of me.

Why is it I am the only one who could see the obvious? I’ve said it repeatedly and provided 10,00 examples.

If a kid has visions of being a pro he doesn’t want to play for a school where he will come off the bench for his first 2 years! He wants to start as a freshman he wants guaranteed playing time.

And that ain’t going to happen at guard at Purdue for the next two years!

Ding ding ding

So hype all these new guards coming to Purdue all you want. They are not replacing Loyer or smith!

Even when right, you make fun of me.

Why is it I am the only one who could see the obvious? I’ve said it repeatedly and provided 10,00 examples.

If a kid has visions of being a pro he doesn’t want to play for a school where he will come off the bench for his first 2 years! He wants to start as a freshman he wants guaranteed playing time.

And that ain’t going to happen at guard at Purdue for the next two years!

Ding ding ding

So hype all these new guards coming to Purdue all you want. They are not replacing Loyer or smith!
You act like you’re the only one who knew the answer….when we all had discussed it for quite some time 😂

Reactions: pboiler18
It concerns me that our final 4 run did absolutely nothing for our recruiting ability. So long Sisley and Catchings. So long Mullins and Haralson. Painter is already going to plan B. You’d think at least 1 top 50 player would want to play for Purdue.

Purdue will be fine without them. But it would be nice if some top 50 talent were interested in playing for Purdue and Painter.

I can’t believe players really want to play for IU or Woodson. I also believe the NIL MONEY is not much of a difference as players can make their own NIL deals

I have to believe the real reason is lack of guaranteed playing time.
Hey Wole, here is a good 5 minute listen to how Painter goes about recruiting that should answer some of your questions that you ask yourself:

His staff never stops recruiting. Don't know who we are going to get, but with CMP you know he will be a great fit, great player, likely with great character just about 100% of the time.
I like that they still go after five stars/highly ranked guys. Once some guys graduate, I think we will see 1 or 2 head this way if success continues…especially if paint can continue to develop and get guys drafted in the lotto.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT