ADVERTISEMENT

Sebastian Williams-Adams official visit this weekend

Sure and what if they don’t make it to the next level, as most don’t, and don’t make $5M? Then the kid thinks you lied to him.

I’d say the kid taking the $500k also thinks he can make $5M at the next level. It’s easy to say right now as non 18 year olds and having more experience in life, but when you’re 18 and have been told how great you are your whole life, it’s a different kind of belief/confidence in yourself. Hopefully, like you said, they do have a good handler to trust and they have the kid’s best interests in mind.
I totally get what you're saying but kids/fans are going to believe coaches lie all the time. I mean some fans believe TKR was recruited as a wing, some were verbally told they would receive $100K to play QB at UNLV, some were told they would receive $13.85 million to commit to Florida.

Yes, the chance of receiving more sounds good but sometimes in reality it's just a false promise.

Curious. Do you know if these deals are concrete and/or players winning any of these lawsuits? I noticed the NCAA keeps getting sued by multiple former players. I just wonder how many will actually win.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT