ADVERTISEMENT

School Loan forgiveness

Agreed our taxes should not go to some CEO to fund a Lear jet, or give money away for student loans. It’s a loan not a scholarship.
The right wingers say nothing about funding millionaires' Lear Jets.

Perhaps people doing graduate work have the bulk of the loans. They will have a lot more money to spend on the economy. Then of course you still have a lot of the under grads spending.

My taxes should not go to a CEO or billionaire for a Lear jet.
How are your taxes going to a Billionaire for a Learjet? Please explain how that is even possible?

I want to do three things:
1) Lower taxes for everyone
2) Stop wasting our tax dollars on frivolous crap.
3) Decrease the size of Government. The bigger it gets, the more it costs and the more it infringes upon our freedoms.

FYI, The Dems are notorious for growing Government at every opportunity. I can give you 87,000 examples going to the IRS, which will cost you money and try to take more of your money away from you.

Negative. When the repubs are in control, the middle class always pays the larger brunt of taxes. That is the whole gist of the topic at hand. Student loan forgiveness gives folks a break in their finances. They will spend the money that extra money on the economy.

Here is data that shows you are wrong.....again.

The 2 times in recent history tax rates were LOWERED on the middle class......
2002, 2017
REPUBLICANS were in charge both times.

It is getting embarrassingly funny how many times I show you your D talking point is wrong......wait a bit...... and the same wrong talking point shows up here again. It is like you prefer fiction over facts. Never seen a guy that wants to cling to false notions like you. 😀

Historical Income Tax Rates and Brackets, 1862-2021 | Tax Foundation

• Love
Reactions: TheGunner
I do when the repubs lower their taxes and raise mine.

Didn't take you long to repeat a false narrative....just debunked above. LOL

Again the data shows Republicans have been the only party to lower YOUR tax rates in the last 20 years.

You right wingers amaze me. Y'all don't want everyday, common folks to get loan forgiveness. But at the same time prefer to have rich folks get tax breaks. Unbelievable.
Unbelievable….give money back to people who pay taxes versus giving money to people who don’t pay taxes.🤔. The money Biden is handing out is money that people have worked for.

I would actually be for giving tax deductions to people that have student loans as an incentive to pay them off. But to just sent people a check…nah, get a job first, then we can talk about tax breaks

Of course, lowering tax rates benefits everyone....if everyone got the lowered tax rates. Just the rich under repub control gets the tax breaks. That so-called trickle down crap don't work and never did work. At least you admit that it's both parties.
Do you ever read or just listen to MSNBC?

I don't know of any specific bills but it has been the republican playbook since Reagan. Tax breaks for the rich. Then that money will magically reach the middle and lower classes. What that did was reach the middle and lower part of their pockets.
Thanks for blowing hot air versus actual evidence.

He's acting like the Covid relief was just set in a pile and burned just to increase inflation. Those checks helped people survive during Covid.
Joe said the pandemic was over 3 months after he last his pandemic relief package. Who did it help? He also was left with $1T to spend from Trump…

Negative. When the repubs are in control, the middle class always pays the larger brunt of taxes. That is the whole gist of the topic at hand. Student loan forgiveness gives folks a break in their finances. They will spend the money that extra money on the economy.
Please provide data

• Haha
Reactions: Boiler Buck
Perhaps people doing graduate work have the bulk of the loans. They will have a lot more money to spend on the economy. Then of course you still have a lot of the under grads spending.

My taxes should not go to a CEO or billionaire for a Lear jet.
So you are in favor of blue collar workers pitching in to help the Democrat elite. How Democrat of you.

I do when the repubs lower their taxes and raise mine.
You should do standup comedy. Unless you were alive for George Bush Sr, I doubt any Republican at the Federal level has raised your taxes…if your disagree, please provide data

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Unbelievable….give money back to people who pay taxes versus giving money to people who don’t pay taxes.🤔. The money Biden is handing out is money that people have worked for.

I would actually be for giving tax deductions to people that have student loans as an incentive to pay them off. But to just sent people a check…nah, get a job first, then we can talk about tax breaks
Get a job. Most of these folks have jobs.

So you are in favor of blue collar workers pitching in to help the Democrat elite. How Democrat of you.
Blue collar workers have kids that go to college and some are trying to find ways to pay for it. That’s why the kids get the loans. Like most white collar workers, they don’t have the money to pay for college for their kids outright. And make too much money for Pell Grants.

I believe most blue collar workers don’t want to pay for Lear jets for executives.

Blue collar workers have kids that go to college and some are trying to find ways to pay for it. That’s why the kids get the loans. Like most white collar workers, they don’t have the money to pay for college for their kids outright. And make too much money for Pell Grants.

I believe most blue collar workers don’t want to pay for Lear jets for executives.
How many of these college students will grow up to be CEOs with Lear jets? How do you feel about bailing them out.

How many of these college students will grow up to be CEOs with Lear jets? How do you feel about bailing them out.
Wasn’t there a cap on who qualified for the loan forgiveness? Also, if you can buy a Lear Jet, you can pay back your student loan.

If your making $100k/yr, you can pay your loan back
Perhaps. Perhaps you can pay your loan back making 50k. Depends on your financial situation. Perhaps 5, 10 years after graduation you are now married, mortgage, 2 kids by now. Depending where you live, that 100k doesn’t seem so much, particularly if the spouse ain’t working. Perhaps that person is still making their loan payments pretty good, you can’t tell me forgiving their loan won’t help.

So I assume if you qualified for student loan forgiveness, you will not apply, correct?

Perhaps. Perhaps you can pay your loan back making 50k. Depends on your financial situation. Perhaps 5, 10 years after graduation you are now married, mortgage, 2 kids by now. Depending where you live, that 100k doesn’t seem so much, particularly if the spouse ain’t working. Perhaps that person is still making their loan payments pretty good, you can’t tell me forgiving their loan won’t help.

So I assume if you qualified for student loan forgiveness, you will not apply, correct?
I already paid my College loan off.

Why should college debt holders get break, why not just eliminate $10k off of every mortgage or car loan. Or better yet, pay$10k to people who didn’t go to college.

College debt was nothing more than paying a special interest.

Essentially Democrats are saying white collar workers >>>>>>>>> blue collar workers

Oh, and why not pass it through Congress? (We all know the answer to that).

But King Joe says…”so it shall be done”. Where the “Democracy” in that? Oh, that’s right, that’s not a Democracy.

Meanwhile, Joe runs up an inflation bill and the interest is multiplying like rabbits…thanks 🤡 and the liberal circus.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG
I already paid my College loan off.

Why should college debt holders get break, why not just eliminate $10k off of every mortgage or car loan. Or better yet, pay$10k to people who didn’t go to college.

College debt was nothing more than paying a special interest.

Essentially Democrats are saying white collar workers >>>>>>>>> blue collar workers

Oh, and why not pass it through Congress?
Good for you. I’m old. I paid mine off a long time ago.

I’m just asking, if you haven’t paid them off yet, would you have applied for the loan forgiveness?

Good for you. I’m old. I paid mine off a long time ago.

I’m just asking, if you haven’t paid them off yet, would you have applied for the loan forgiveness?
Why would I want a government handout? I grew up in a town of 1,000 people. My dad worked 60+ hours a week and thought me that hard work gets you want and need. He never drew an unemployment check for the 44 yrs he worked. He thought the pandemic checks were a joke….”government buying votes” as he put it. College debt bailout was the same discussion. His comment to me was…”You paid yours off…why would someone need government help that has a college education?” Just work harder.

Nah, todays youth just wants to stop off and get their Starbucks coffee and have the government payoff their debts.

In the end, it’s going to be their debt they will have to pay off at some point or become a citizen in the Chinese government.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Why would I want a government handout? I grew up in a town of 1,000 people. My dad worked 60+ hours a week and thought me that hard work gets you want and need. He never drew an unemployment check for the 44 yrs he worked. He thought the pandemic checks were a joke….”government buying votes” as he put it. College debt bailout was the same discussion. His comment to me was…”You paid yours off…why would someone need government help that has a college education?” Just work harder.

Nah, todays youth just wants to stop off and get their Starbucks coffee and have the government payoff their debts.

In the end, it’s going to be their debt they will have to pay off at some point or become a citizen in the Chinese government.
Well, I guess that’s that. Go ahead with your bad self. As we used to say back in the day. I know I ain’t turning down crap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT