ADVERTISEMENT

School Loan forgiveness

BoilerMadness

All-American
Jul 7, 2004
Biden got shot down with his half Trillion dollar giveaway, when a Judge declared Biden's giveaway Unconstitutional, since Biden was trying to usurp the authority of Congress.

Regardless, the bait brought a lot of people with student loans to the polls, voting for Democrats, since they were the ones giving away the money. Smart move on the Dems part. They dangled a big giveaway before an election, which was taken away after the election, but they still derived the full benefit from it. You can expect to see this scam again before almost every election and there's enough time between elections that the people dumb enough to fall for it will have probably forgotten by the next iteration.

• Love
Reactions: TheGunner
Biden got shot down with his half Trillion dollar giveaway, when a Judge declared Biden's giveaway Unconstitutional, since Biden was trying to usurp the authority of Congress.

Regardless, the bait brought a lot of people with student loans to the polls, voting for Democrats, since they were the ones giving away the money. Smart move on the Dems part. They dangled a big giveaway before an election, which was taken away after the election, but they still derived the full benefit from it. You can expect to see this scam again before almost every election and there's enough time between elections that the people dumb enough to fall for it will have probably forgotten by the next iteration.
You right wingers amaze me. Y'all don't want everyday, common folks to get loan forgiveness. But at the same time prefer to have rich folks get tax breaks. Unbelievable.

Don’t buy something that one doesn’t want to or can afford to pay for. It’s that simple for the college educated.
The loan forgiveness program is not just about forgiving loans for folks that can't afford to pay them back, though it obviously helps them. Most folks can afford and are paying back their student loans. My point is that loan forgiveness would also help those folks by giving them relief. Most if not all would use that money that would have gone into the loan payment, to spend that money buying things that would help the economy such as retail, cars, electronics, etc.

The bottom line is that, right wingers have always been against the common folks like the poor and middle class getting breaks.

You right wingers amaze me. Y'all don't want everyday, common folks to get loan forgiveness. But at the same time prefer to have rich folks get tax breaks. Unbelievable.
You really can't be that stupid, can you? The vast majority of the people getting this money will have accumulated debt getting advanced degrees. Joe six pack, who's a blue collar worker and didn't go to college will be the one picking up the tab for future doctors and lawyers.

The everyday common folks are going to pick up the tab for kids, who will make multiple times what those common folks make. It's the Dems way to reward their WOKE indoctrinated collegiate drones.

I'll guarantee that I grew up poorer than you and I've worked for everything I have. I don't like these vote buying bailouts for ANYONE.

The loan forgiveness program is not just about forgiving loans for folks that can't afford to pay them back, though it obviously helps them. Most folks can afford and are paying back their student loans. My point is that loan forgiveness would also help those folks by giving them relief. Most if not all would use that money that would have gone into the loan payment, to spend that money buying things that would help the economy such as retail, cars, electronics, etc.

The bottom line is that, right wingers have always been against the common folks like the poor and middle class getting breaks.
Yes I'm against using the federal government as a force to buy votes, in any shape or form it comes in, from any party. One party bribes for votes a lot more than the other.

You're talking out your ass, BNI. Using your thought process, why doesn't the government just pay off everyone's mortgage, then we'd all have a lot more money to buy cars & electronic toys? What you fail to realize is that if Biden had been able to do this, it would have pumped another $500 Billion into the economy, which would have put inflation well into double digits.

Biden has no clue what the impact of his actions are. The only thing he remotely understands is politics. He knows how to buy votes, which is all this is. Pelosi said over a year ago, that it was unconstitutional for the President to do this, but Biden did it anyway and got rewarded for it.

Too may people get all excited about getting free stuff from the government and they fail to understand that all that free stuff isn't free. If the government gives you $100, but the resultant increase in inflation causes your expenses to go up $110, have you really gained anything or have you been given a placebo that made you feel better about losing $10?

They did a number of interviews with people, who had student loans and they said they were just going to bank the money and take some trips and go out to eat more. Yeah, that's what I want my tax dollars spent on...

FYI, the Dem party is becoming the home of the Tech Billionaires and you have more poor working people coming over to the Republican Party, because they are trying to deal with crime in their neighborhoods, while the Dems want to defund Police.

You're talking out your ass, BNI. Using your thought process, why doesn't the government just pay off everyone's mortgage, then we'd all have a lot more money to buy cars & electronic toys? What you fail to realize is that if Biden had been able to do this, it would have pumped another $500 Billion into the economy, which would have put inflation well into double digits.

Biden has no clue what the impact of his actions are. The only thing he remotely understands is politics. He knows how to buy votes, which is all this is. Pelosi said over a year ago, that it was unconstitutional for the President to do this, but Biden did it anyway and got rewarded for it.

Too may people get all excited about getting free stuff from the government and they fail to understand that all that free stuff isn't free. If the government gives you $100, but the resultant increase in inflation causes your expenses to go up $110, have you really gained anything or have you been given a placebo that made you feel better about losing $10?

They did a number of interviews with people, who had student loans and they said they were just going to bank the money and take some trips and go out to eat more. Yeah, that's what I want my tax dollars spent on...

FYI, the Dem party is becoming the home of the Tech Billionaires and you have more poor working people coming over to the Republican Party, because they are trying to deal with crime in their neighborhoods, while the Dems want to defund Police.
That’s my point. Doesn’t going on trips, eating out, buying retail items help the economy?

Oh really......how is that Dem inflation and war on energy costs working out for common middle class folks?

I am one of those common middle class folks and the above is looking to cost me over $10,200 this year alone over last year's budget....not to mention the lower budgets prior to Biden.

While my budget is higher than some.....all families have been hit with at least $5,000 in extra costs thanks to Dem inflation & the Dem war on energy.

So NO, don't tell me Dems are freindly to the middle class!

Don't republicans run on cutting taxes every single election?
Yup and lowering the tax rates benefits everyone, despite the Dems trying to get you to focus ONLY on the top rates. The biggest problem is both parties spending recklessly, which keeps driving up the deficit.

Aren't the Dems constantly trying to raise the tax rates to pay for their crazy spending?

That’s my point. Doesn’t going on trips, eating out, buying retail items help the economy?
You really can't be that ignorant about how the economy works? When the government dumps a half Trillion dollars into the economy, it causes inflation, which occurs, when there is too much money chasing too few goods. That causes prices to rise quickly and unnaturally. That heats up the economy and eventually everything becomes ridiculously expensive. Surely you've noticed the impact of the 8+% inflation we've been going through recently. Biden lit that fire with the stimulus checks he sent out in March. The loan forgiveness program would just be pouring gas on that fire.

People feel good for a moment, because they got something from the government and never give a second thought about how much it will eventually cost them.

Don't republicans run on cutting taxes every single election?
Yes, it is true that republicans want to enhance the freedom to spend your own money as seen fit and decrease the growth of the blob which also decreases the ability of those elected growing their wealth a lot more that their salary allows.

iu

Oh really......how is that Dem inflation and war on energy costs working out for common middle class folks?

I am one of those common middle class folks and the above is looking to cost me over $10,200 this year alone over last year's budget....not to mention the lower budgets prior to Biden.

While my budget is higher than some.....all families have been hit with at least $5,000 in extra costs thanks to Dem inflation & the Dem war on energy.

So NO, don't tell me Dems are freindly to the middle class!
I didn't know that the so-called dem inflation here in the US caused the inflation in Europe and other parts of the world. Plus corporations holding on to profits.

Yup and lowering the tax rates benefits everyone, despite the Dems trying to get you to focus ONLY on the top rates. The biggest problem is both parties spending recklessly, which keeps driving up the deficit.

Aren't the Dems constantly trying to raise the tax rates to pay for their crazy spending?
Of course, lowering tax rates benefits everyone....if everyone got the lowered tax rates. Just the rich under repub control gets the tax breaks. That so-called trickle down crap don't work and never did work. At least you admit that it's both parties.

I didn't know that the so-called dem inflation here in the US caused the inflation in Europe and other parts of the world. Plus corporations holding on to profits.

Here is a study from Federal bank that shows Biden spending responsible for 3% of inflation. This does NOT count what his war on energy is responsible in increased costs, only Biden's spending ......at least 3%.....
So now you know.

Government spending to blame for inflation spike, San Francisco Fed study says

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Just the rich under repub control gets the tax breaks.

Please point to a R bill where the Rs gave tax breaks ONLY to the rich.

This with your inflation commen above and your comment about Dems helping middle class......you believe a whole lot of things that simply are not true.

Here is a study from Federal bank that shows Biden spending responsible for 3% of inflation. This does NOT count what his war on energy is responsible in increased costs, only Biden's spending ......at least 3%.....
So now you know.

Government spending to blame for inflation spike, San Francisco Fed study says

To be clear, that article attributes the 3% to all of the government spending related to COVID (and roughly 2/3s of it was enacted by Trump.)

I didn’t support the extra $2 T that Biden threw on top of it, but it’s a shared ownership.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Please point to a republic bill where the Rs gave tax breaks ONLY to the rich.
I don't know of any specific bills but it has been the republican playbook since Reagan. Tax breaks for the rich. Then that money will magically reach the middle and lower classes. What that did was reach the middle and lower part of their pockets.

I don't know of any specific bills but it has been the republican playbook since Reagan. Tax breaks for the rich. Then that money will magically reach the middle and lower classes. What that did was reach the middle and lower part of their pockets.

Again you believe a whole lot of false notions. While it is true Rs do give tax breaks to rich & corporations.......at the same time they also gave tax breaks to middle class...in the same bill. I know as I got one the last time Dems were lieying about the last R tax bill.

To be clear, that article attributes the 3% to all of the government spending related to COVID (and roughly 2/3s of it was enacted by Trump.)

I didn’t support the extra $2 T that Biden threw on top of it, but it’s a shared ownership.
That was what I was about to respond to. Most of that was relief money to get the US back on track. The repubs that had businesses did not give that money back either. Even Herschel Walker tried to apply and get money for his chicken business. He lied, imagine that, and said that he had 800 employees. In reality, he had only 8.

That was what I was about to respond to. Most of that was relief money to get the US back on track. The repubs that had businesses did not give that money back either. Even Herschel Walker tried to apply and get money for his chicken business. He lied, imagine that, and said that he had 800 employees. In reality, he had only 8.
He's acting like the Covid relief was just set in a pile and burned just to increase inflation. Those checks helped people survive during Covid.

The basis for exchange for oil is the US Dollar. The dollar is very strong right now, which means that other countries have to pay more for a barrel of oil, which is inflationary. Oil is used in the production of plastics, fertilizer, food products and myriad other things, so it inflates the price of more than just the gas in your car.

If other countries are using financial stimulus for their economies, it will be inflationary, just as it was in the US.

Biden's war on US petroleum Companies and his March stimulus checks are the basis for a lot of our inflation.

What do corporate profits have to do with anything?

Of course, lowering tax rates benefits everyone....if everyone got the lowered tax rates. Just the rich under repub control gets the tax breaks. That so-called trickle down crap don't work and never did work. At least you admit that it's both parties.
Good job BNI, You've memorized the DNC talking points.

• Haha
There was about $600 Billion of the PPP & stimulus money that has mysteriously disappeared into the ether and neither Biden nor the Congress seem to be concerned enough about it, to determine where it went. I gather there are a lot of donors getting fat.

The stimulus was supposed to end with Trump's last payout, but Biden decided he wanted to get some good will from the giveaway, so he pumped out the $2 Trillion in March, which really put gas on the inflation fire.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
He's acting like the Covid relief was just set in a pile and burned just to increase inflation. Those checks helped people survive during Covid.

Never said they didn't help, some people....just refuting the D false narrative about "inflation is everywhere, worldwide" .... Indeed Govt spending is responsible for some of our inflation. That is clear.

It is also clear the D war on energy undergirds alot of inflation due to the costs of moving goods.

Thus the D party...is clearly not a freind to the poor & middle class......when it returns to help the middle class like it did generations ago.....I will vote for it.

Of course, NO Dems scammed the system, since they are all such paragons of virtue...LOL

• Haha
Again you believe a whole lot of false notions. While it is true Rs do give tax breaks to rich & corporations.......at the same time they also gave tax breaks to middle class...in the same bill. I know as I got one the last time Dems were lieying about the last R tax bill.
Negative. When the repubs are in control, the middle class always pays the larger brunt of taxes. That is the whole gist of the topic at hand. Student loan forgiveness gives folks a break in their finances. They will spend the money that extra money on the economy.

Never said they didn't help, some people....just refuting the D false narrative about "inflation is everywhere, worldwide" .... Indeed Govt spending is responsible for some of our inflation. That is clear.

It is also clear the D war on energy undergirds alot of inflation due to the costs of moving goods.

Thus the D party...is clearly not a freind to the poor & middle class......when it returns to help the middle class like it did generations ago.....I will vote for it.
Mayor Pete taking two months off for maternity/paternity leave in his first 10 months on the job as Transportation Sec didn't help the supply chain problems, which also added fire to inflation. Any time there are shortages, prices go up.

Mayor Pete taking two months off for maternity/paternity leave in his first 10 months on the job as Transportation Sec didn't help the supply chain problems, which also added fire to inflation. Any time there are shortages, prices go up.
Supply chain issues. I'm glad you brought that up as I was trying to remember. Yes that added to the inflation that and the dems had no control over that. As far as Buttigieg, that is why they have an assistant Secretary of Transportation.

Negative. When the repubs are in control, the middle class always pays the larger brunt of taxes. That is the whole gist of the topic at hand. Student loan forgiveness gives folks a break in their finances. They will spend the money that extra money on the economy.
Hint: When the Dems are in charge, the Middle Class also pays the bulk of the taxes, since that's the demographic that most of the people are in. You've really been indoctrinated to believe the Dem gospel, but you aren't doing any critical thinking at all.

The bulk of the student loans are incurred by people doing post graduate work. Those are the people, who will be the high earners, when they finally get out of school. Why should a line worker in a factory help pay a lawyers student loans. All these people made a contractual agreement and I don't think the taxpayers should be on the hook for any of them.

Nobody has ever helped me pay my mortgage or car payment and why should they? I chose to buy a house and a car and it is MY obligation alone to pay it.

Reactions: Klaus 7196
Supply chain issues. I'm glad you brought that up as I was trying to remember. Yes that added to the inflation that and the dems had no control over that. As far as Buttigieg, that is why they have an assistant Secretary of Transportation.
Seriously? How long do you think you'd last in a job, if you took off two months in the first ten months on the job, especially, when there is a supply chain crisis, which falls under your job description?

What's hilarious is the Dems are talking about the Pothole King of South Bend being one of the prime players for the 2024 Dem Presidential Primary. Once again, the Dems are avoiding competence as a criteria for the position.

Hint: When the Dems are in charge, the Middle Class also pays the bulk of the taxes, since that's the demographic that most of the people are in. You've really been indoctrinated to believe the Dem gospel, but you aren't doing any critical thinking at all.

The bulk of the student loans are incurred by people doing post graduate work. Those are the people, who will be the high earners, when they finally get out of school. Why should a line worker in a factory help pay a lawyers student loans. All these people made a contractual agreement and I don't think the taxpayers should be on the hook for any of them.

Nobody has ever helped me pay my mortgage or car payment and why should they? I chose to buy a house and a car and it is MY obligation alone to pay it.
Perhaps people doing graduate work have the bulk of the loans. They will have a lot more money to spend on the economy. Then of course you still have a lot of the under grads spending.

My taxes should not go to a CEO or billionaire for a Lear jet.

In 2018 the standard deduction neary doubled. This affects nearly ALL taxpayers. So, the middle class did get a nice break there.

Perhaps people doing graduate work have the bulk of the loans. They will have a lot more money to spend on the economy. Then of course you still have a lot of the under grads spending.

My taxes should not go to a CEO or billionaire for a Lear jet.
Agreed our taxes should not go to some CEO to fund a Lear jet, or give money away for student loans. It’s a loan not a scholarship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT