ADVERTISEMENT

Ross-Ade Visit on Thursday

Jan 17, 2011
I will be visiting Ross-Ade Stadium on Thursday to do a review on the stadium and Purdue's campus for my website.

I was looking for a few tips.

Where to eat?

Where to park?

What to see on campus and at the stadium?

Thanks! Can't wait for the game!

Where to eat: Triple X

Armstrong Hall is close to Ross-Ade and is one of the more iconic buildings on campus. I'd go see Mackey Arena as well

Not sure about parking though

Harry’s + triple X. Campus is beautiful make sure you check out all of the Greek houses on Slayter Hill behind the stadium.

I will be visiting Ross-Ade Stadium on Thursday to do a review on the stadium and Purdue's campus for my website.

I was looking for a few tips.

Where to eat?

Where to park?

What to see on campus and at the stadium?

Thanks! Can't wait for the game!
Eat: Triple XXX if you only get one meal. Get something with someone’s name attached to it (the Drew Brees for example)

Campus: Engineering Fountain and Armstrong Hall are near one another...those are must sees. See if you can get in to Elliot Hall of Music...one of the best venues for live music in the world. Check out Mackey Arena, Mollenkauf, and the Boilermaker Statue.

Drinks: head to Harry’s Chocolate Shop. One of the most iconic college bars in the country.

Park: depending on the time of the day, my suggestion would be the lot across from the West Lafayette Public Library. It has a quick getaway after a brief walk from the stadium (probably 10-15 minutes) to get you back in 65. It is also near Harry’s and Triple XXX (3-5 minute walk to both).

If you're really writing a review, then walk around and check out the tailgating on IM Fields, Slater Hill, Golf Course, and north of stadium.

Agree with others on the bar....For goodness sakes if you do nothing else don’t miss Harry’s!!! A couple of year’s ago listed as the #1 College Campus Bar in America.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT